IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Shame he didn't get his fifty. Anyway, 350 each (or, as the BBC website says, "....the last two and a half days have been entirely pointless!" :lol:)

Also, "This is only the eighth time in Test history that both sides have made the same score in their first innings, and only the second time in England."

Can anyone explain why when I'm looking at the Dutch league there is 18 teams which means you play each other twice equals 34 games a season , right?

Why then have Harenveen and Vitesse Arnhem playing now and both played 35?

I might be being thick here (it's been known and wont be the first time) they are both mid table so no play off all the other teams have played 34?

I looked on wiki it says 18 teams play each other twice?

Anyone?

Can anyone explain why when I'm looking at the Dutch league there is 18 teams which means you play each other twice equals 34 games a season , right?

Why then have Harenveen and Vitesse Arnhem playing now and both played 35?

I might be being thick here (it's been known and wont be the first time) they are both mid table so no play off all the other teams have played 34?

I looked on wiki it says 18 teams play each other twice?

Anyone?

Europa League play-off. Presumably Zwolle (who finished in 6th between them) qualified by another route. Bit daft to add the games to the league table though when it's a play-off :mellow:.

Europa League play-off. Presumably Zwolle (who finished in 6th between them) qualified by another route. Bit daft to add the games to the league table though when it's a play-off :mellow:.

That's whats throwing me. How can they finish the league playing one more game than everyone else, it's ridiculous.

God damn Dutchies, smoking too many splangers on the canals of Amsterdam if you ask me :mad:

That's whats throwing me. How can they finish the league playing one more game than everyone else, it's ridiculous.

God damn Dutchies, smoking too many splangers on the canals of Amsterdam if you ask me :mad:

As daft as the Scottish Premier when they split before the last round of games so that seventh more often than not finishes with more points than sixth. Pass the crack pipe.

good test match going on. Missed the end of England's innings, what happened? NZ bowl well or England throw it?

NZ bowled well and got thee quick wickets but we got 70/80 odd from our last two, Broad (in particular), Wood and Anderson all contributing.

Most likely result is the same as the recent WI games, one up but lose the second from a strong position so a drawn series.

Looking much more likely to make a fight of the Ashes though; still think we'll lose but not 5-0.

NZ bowled well and got thee quick wickets but we got 70/80 odd from our last two, Broad (in particular), Wood and Anderson all contributing.

Most likely result is the same as the recent WI games, one up but lose the second from a strong position so a drawn series.

Looking much more likely to make a fight of the Ashes though; still think we'll lose but not 5-0.

Honestly cant wait for the ashes! Any of you fellas going to get to a days play? Now im living in London im going to do everything i can to get to Lords!

Honestly cant wait for the ashes! Any of you fellas going to get to a days play? Now im living in London im going to do everything i can to get to Lords!

Prices are absurd (though I'd love to)!

The only time I've watched first class cricket has been as a sponsor's guest.

And CORNWALL won the county rugby championship!!!!! My cousin traveled on the bus, and I suspect it took a few days to get over the hangover!

A bit of an anachronism now sadly in the pro era and poorly attended in comparison to what it was. It no longer attracts the top players; EG Devon could have put Exeter en mass into it and Cornwall would've been spanked by 70/80 points ;).

But never mind, congratulations to the neighbours.

A bit of an anachronism now sadly in the pro era and poorly attended in comparison to what it was. It no longer attracts the top players; EG Devon could have put Exeter en mass into it and Cornwall would've been spanked by 70/80 points ;).

But never mind, congratulations to the neighbours.

Devonians just have a problem accepted when the Cornish win. Yes, but... :)

Devonians just have a problem accepted when the Cornish win. Yes, but... :)

I'm a long way from being a Devonian, wife and the four girls are but I'm Middlesex born and brought up in Surrey from the age of two; Josh was born in Bristol and started life in Somerset. He'd give you a slap if you called him a Devonian (a metaphorical one, violence not in his nature). I've lived here for 17/18 years but I've never once driven a tractor :happy:.

Just congratulating our local brethren like I did when my granddaughter lost in the final of the South-West peninsular games to a Cornish lass in the under six egg and spoon race. Being neighbourly :P.

I'm a long way from being a Devonian, wife and the four girls are but I'm Middlesex born and brought up in Surrey from the age of two; Josh was born in Bristol and started life in Somerset. He'd give you a slap if you called him a Devonian (a metaphorical one, violence not in his nature). I've lived here for 17/18 years but I've never once driven a tractor :happy:.

Just congratulating our local brethren like I did when my granddaughter lost in the final of the South-West peninsular games to a Cornish lass in the under six egg and spoon race. Being neighbourly :P.

So why Everton then? I always assumed you were an ex-pat.

Not that it matters, just curious.

So why Everton then? I always assumed you were an ex-pat.

Not that it matters, just curious.

No idea, I really don't remember. Maybe I subconsciously noticed the Cup Final result in 1966 (at six) though I have no memory of it. Another possibility is that we went to the Ideal Home Exhibition around that time and my elder brother brought a Liverpool rosette there (all that definitely happened) so maybe someone told me that Everton were cross-town rivals and that was why I picked them, but I'm only guessing. My first conscious memory of supporting them was in the 1968 Cup semi-final when we beat Leeds. My dad had been promised two tickets for the final and had already long before then promised to take Mark (elder brother) which hadn't particularly bothered me until we got into it. Can remember begging him to take me as I was the Everton supporter while Mark was a red, but he wouldn't go back on his word and Mark (bastard) wouldn't back down so he went (and supported West Brom :shaking fist:). I was given a table football game by way of compensation :(.

By then my side of our (shared) bedroom was a sea of blue while Mark's side was red; he's now lapsed incidentally, not overly interested at all.

But the truth is that I have no idea exactly when I was chosen (or why) other than that it was between 1966 and 1968.

No idea, I really don't remember. Maybe I subconsciously noticed the Cup Final result in 1966 (at six) though I have no memory of it. Another possibility is that we went to the Ideal Home Exhibition around that time and my elder brother brought a Liverpool rosette there (all that definitely happened) so maybe someone told me that Everton were cross-town rivals and that was why I picked them, but I'm only guessing. My first conscious memory of supporting them was in the 1968 Cup semi-final when we beat Leeds. My dad had been promised two tickets for the final and had already long before then promised to take Mark (elder brother) which hadn't particularly bothered me until we got into it. Can remember begging him to take me as I was the Everton supporter while Mark was a red, but he wouldn't go back on his word and Mark (bastard) wouldn't back down so he went (and supported West Brom :shaking fist:). I was given a table football game by way of compensation :(.

By then my side of our (shared) bedroom was a sea of blue while Mark's side was red; he's now lapsed incidentally, not overly interested at all.

But the truth is that I have no idea exactly when I was chosen (or why) other than that it was between 1966 and 1968.

I remember watching that Cup Final against West Brom, with Jeff Astle scoring the only goal.

I remember watching that Cup Final against West Brom, with Jeff Astle scoring the only goal.

In extra time. I cried. My brother was sat at the game with a handful of peanuts which he threw it the air when he jumped up celebrating, he really enjoyed telling me about it :dry:.

Good goal mind, just at the wrong end.