IGNORED

Champions 1984/85

If anyone knows where I can get a copy of the Champions 1984/85 cassette made by Radio City it would be gratefully appreciated. Even better would be a CD version but think they were limited at the time.

Yes I've tried mailing City but they didn't bother to respond.

T'is for my brother who emigrated to NY early 1987 (i remember going to newcastle away with him on boxing day 1996, we won 4-0, those were the days).

Any help?

Ive been sniffing after this 4 ages. Years in fact. I gather it is the 1 with the squad singing such tunes as here we go & the classic Home & dry.

I love/loved that tune.

" Home & dry, you & I, as long as were together

Then our dreams will never die, Home & dry,

" all aboard the good ship goddison to victory & so on..."

'SOMEONE PLEASE DIG OUT THIS TAPE/CD WOULD BE BETTER THEN WE CAN MP3..PLEEEEZZZZ"

I tried contacting them twice but they didn't even reply. I only work 10 mins from their office so I could take a walk down I guess.

Was bidding for it on e bay last week but refused to go above £20 (when the starting bid was < £3) as you never know what state a 20yr old cassette will be in and also got the feeling that it was the current owner bidding aginst me to push the price up.

Someone mentioned mp3 in this thread, that would be ideal. Think I'll contact City again on that basis. Will let you know!!

Ive been sniffing after this 4 ages. Years in fact. I gather it is the 1 with the squad singing such tunes as here we go & the classic Home & dry.

I love/loved that tune.

" Home & dry, you & I, as long as were together

Then our dreams will never die, Home & dry,

" all aboard the good ship goddison to victory & so on..."

'SOMEONE PLEASE DIG OUT THIS TAPE/CD WOULD BE BETTER THEN WE CAN MP3..PLEEEEZZZZ"

30337[/snapback]

Good call Pat, my best memory of it is Kev Keating commentary on Sheedy's equaliser against Luton in the cup semi final or Clive Tyldsleys against Bayern!

I let my Brother take my copy when he emigrated to NY 16 years ago...doubt he'll still have it!!!

Good call Pat, my best memory of it is Kev Keating commentary on Sheedy's equaliser against Luton in the cup semi final or Clive Tyldsleys against Bayern!

I let my Brother take my copy when he emigrated to NY 16 years ago...doubt he'll still have it!!!

32140[/snapback]

:( you would think the club would have these sort of things or be able to put you on the right track?

• 2 years later...
I tried contacting them twice but they didn't even reply. I only work 10 mins from their office so I could take a walk down I guess.

Was bidding for it on e bay last week but refused to go above £20 (when the starting bid was < £3) as you never know what state a 20yr old cassette will be in and also got the feeling that it was the current owner bidding aginst me to push the price up.

Someone mentioned mp3 in this thread, that would be ideal. Think I'll contact City again on that basis. Will let you know!!

Seems a long time ago since I posted this (which is because it is a long time ago). Anyhoo after years (yes years) of trawling second hand shops, memoribilia fayres and auction sites I've FINALLY found this on cassette.

Ok the truth is I spotted it on ebay last week and negotiated a bid to end the auction early but still the ambition was always there.

The better news is that I also have the mp3, it's about 68mb in size so if anyone wants a copy and can come up with a suitable way of getting it to them then I'm prepared to pass it on. Not sure about copyright laws etc for something that is I believe delisted or no longer available for purchase so may need to be careful.

Any thoughts?

4-0 away to Newcastle in 1996, I cant remember that one, I should do though, who scored?

Btw I do have the tape don't know where it is though probably in my dads loft it had commentary from all the games plus the fans singing We shall not be moved