IGNORED

Bellamy To Liverpool?

Ok, redshite this and redshite that, all bitterness and nastyness aside...............what do you think of this signing for 6mil?

I think it`s superb business.

Liverpool to sign Bellamy for £6m

Dominic Fifield

Saturday June 17, 2006

Guardian

Craig Bellamy will join Liverpool next week for £6m after Rafael Benítez chose to activate a get-out clause for that amount, due to expire at the end of the month, in the striker's contract with Blackburn Rovers.

The Wales international, a Liverpool supporter as a child, has proved a controversial figure in recent years, not least after his very public falling-out with the then Newcastle United manager Graeme Souness when he was at St James' Park. He will replace the outgoing Djibril Cissé at Anfield, as talks continue with Marseille to loan the injured France striker to the French club with a view to a permanent move.

Bellamy's desire to leave Ewood Park since his £5m purchase from Newcastle after a season of relative resurgence under his former Wales mentor Mark Hughes will disappoint Rovers, who had hoped to persuade the 26-year-old to remain in east Lancashire. But the clause in the striker's contract was due to expire at the end of June, after which Blackburn could have demanded a higher fee for their leading scorer from last season, with Liverpool finally choosing to make a move after months of deliberation.

The striker had made it clear he would favour joining Liverpool, who will offer him an immediate return to the Champions League, and Hughes was unable to persuade him otherwise. Even so, Benítez needed convincing that Bellamy, who scored 17 goals last season, was the right man to partner Peter Crouch on Merseyside.

Indeed, Benítez's initial plan was to pursue the Charlton Athletic striker Darren Bent. But once it became clear that Liverpool could not sell Cissé for about £8m - as had been hoped until he suffered a double fracture to his right leg in a friendly for France - those plans quickly shifted. Although Bent has enjoyed only one season in the Premiership, Bellamy actually represents a cheaper option in terms of his transfer fee and undoubtedly offers more proven pedigree.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, One of the deals Moysey f##ked up..........Shepherd and Kenwright had done the deal, and he arrived at Goodison to sign, Moysey hadnt spoken to him up till then and had Bellend in the office for a chat, 3O mins later bellend left saying he didnt fancy playing for Moysey. :blink: .

Signed for Blackburn 3 days later and made a hell of a difference to them, 6th place and european footy next season. Sorry we didnt get him, but now i'll settle for Johnson. If you get him he will be a good signing IMO.

Darren Bent was also offered to Everton by the then manager Joe Royle who new Bent wanted to go, but Moysey told Royle, i'm the manager at Everton now, and i decide what players i want here Not you.

Bent went to Charlton for £3 mill......... another prize cock up. :(

Licker.

Moyes transfer record is suspect to say the least but Bellamy is one player I'm glad we didn't sign. Yea hes got passion and he gives his all, but he plays for himself not the team. He's a childish journeyman who doesnt care about anyone but himself. He's used Blackburn as a stepping stone just like he did to everyone before it.

Moyes transfer record is suspect to say the least but Bellamy is one player I'm glad we didn't sign. Yea hes got passion and he gives his all, but he plays for himself not the team. He's a childish journeyman who doesnt care about anyone but himself. He's used Blackburn as a stepping stone just like he did to everyone before it.

30051[/snapback]

He may have played for himself but he scored some impressive goals for blackburn, and im sure Blackburn fans wont mind the club being used as a stepping stone as he has raised the profile of the club with his goals.

Good luck to him falling on his face at the shite the welsh t##t

He may have played for himself but he scored some impressive goals for blackburn, and im sure Blackburn fans wont mind the club being used as a stepping stone as he has raised the profile of the club with his goals.

Good luck to him falling on his face at the shite the welsh t##t

30056[/snapback]

You dont think they'd mind eh? Like when Barmby, Jeffers, Rooney etc fucked us off when they hit their peak we all wished them well and said thanks for the memories?

With Barmby wed had to put up with him playing shit for years thats why we were pissed off he went, Blackburn have only had Bellamy play well for them. Jeffers and Rooney were proper scouse boys and we would have expected some loyalty from them because of that, Bellamy is not a Blackburn boy he is a welsh prick so what can you expect?

You dont think they'd mind eh? Like when Barmby, Jeffers, Rooney etc fucked us off when they hit their peak we all wished them well and said thanks for the memories?

30075[/snapback]

Most blues still seem very loyal to "once a blue" though!

EFC said...................Bellamy is one player I'm glad we didn't sign. Yea hes got passion and he gives his all, but he plays for himself not the team.

Think hes a bit better than that, besides scoring 17 goals for Bllackburn he also had more "assists" than his team mates. At £6m i think he will be a better player than Cisse Has ever been for RS. IMO. ;)

EFC said...................Bellamy is one player I'm glad we didn't sign. Yea hes got passion and he gives his all, but he plays for himself not the team.

Think hes a bit better than that, besides scoring 17 goals for Bllackburn he also had more "assists" than his team mates.  At £6m i think he will be a better player than Cisse Has ever been for RS.  IMO. ;)

30359[/snapback]

I said that licker. He scored 13 goals in the league this season which isnt exactly earth shattering. Two assists isnt brilliant either, Kuqi their other striker got 4 and he only started 15 games.

He scored some good goals no doubt and made an average blackburn side look decent but he wont be the star player if he joins joins the red shite and that led to his downfall at Newcastle.

He can't play second fiddle to anyone for the good of the team or not. As for Cisse, he has been another failed big name signing along with Moriientes and Crouch.

Edited by Bluetrip

I said that licker. He scored 13 goals in the league this season which isnt exactly earth shattering. Two assists isnt brilliant either, Kuqi their other striker got 4 and he only started 15 games.

He scored some good goals no doubt and made an average blackburn side look decent but he wont be the star player if he joins joins the red shite and that led to his downfall at Newcastle.

He can't play second fiddle to anyone for the good of the team or not. As for Cisse, he has been another failed big name signing along with Moriientes and Crouch.

30363[/snapback]

Wrong on a few points:

1 Crouch wasn`t a "big name" signing.

2 He was bought as a target man and has done very well in this role, breaking into the England taem (and scoring a few goals) and helping Liverpool to win the FA and Super Cup finals. Failed big name signing..................not.

3 Cisse scored 17 goals in all competitions last season despite playing out of position. Doesn`t fit into Rafa`s plans; if that`s failure, then any out`nòut striker with less is a complete flop.

Wrong on a few points:

1 Crouch wasn`t a "big name" signing.

2 He was bought as a target man and has done very well in this role, breaking into the England taem (and scoring a few goals) and helping Liverpool to win the FA and Super Cup finals. Failed big name signing..................not.

3 Cisse scored 17 goals in all competitions last season despite playing out of position. Doesn`t fit into Rafa`s plans; if that`s failure, then any out`nòut striker with less is a complete flop.

30393[/snapback]

Ok let me rephrase hes a seven million pound failure. You can harp on about target man but he's a striker who scored six goals in the Premiership. I wouldn't have Crouch in the Everton squad let alone anywhere near the England one, hes fucking shite.

Henry being the benchmark scored 27 in the league, Cisse scored 9 so hes been a £14million failure in my opinion. If he's doing that well why was he about to be sold for almost half that till he broke his leg?

Ok let me rephrase hes a seven million pound failure. You can harp on about target man but he's a striker who scored six goals in the Premiership. I wouldn't have Crouch in the Everton squad let alone anywhere near the England one, hes fucking shite.

Henry being the benchmark scored 27 in the league, Cisse scored 9 so hes been a £14million failure in my opinion. If he's doing that well why was he about to be sold for almost half that till he broke his leg?

30413[/snapback]

If you need to rephrase it; you got it wrong. You can rephrase it as many times as you wish and it´ll sound daft. Crouch has done what he was bought to do and is also scoring at international level.

Crouch won`t be going to Everton so you`ve nothing to worry about; but the logic of having DF and calling Crouch a Failure is baffling.

Cisse scored 17 in total, nine in the league, but was rarely played as a first choice striker and often deployed as a winger. he`s being sold because Rafa doesn`t seem him as part of his plans.

How many did your highest scorer score in all competitions last season? In fact how many did the strikers score combined?

According to a site called bluekipper (googled) Beattie, cahill and Ferguson scored a combined total of of 20 in all competitions. Cisse scored 17 without regular first team football. Crouch was in double figures aswell. I see why you wouldn`t want them.........it`s simply because you don`t need them. I rest my case. ;)

If you need to rephrase it; you got it wrong. You can rephrase it as many times as you wish and it´ll sound daft. Crouch has done what he was bought to do and is also scoring at international level.

Crouch won`t be going to Everton so you`ve nothing to worry about; but the logic of having DF and calling Crouch a Failure is baffling.

Cisse scored 17 in total, nine in the league, but was rarely played as a first choice striker and often deployed as a winger. he`s being sold because Rafa doesn`t seem him as part of his plans.

How many did your highest scorer score in all competitions last season? In fact how many did the strikers score combined?

30436[/snapback]

You brought in a first choice striker to score 6 league goals over an entire seaon, who are you trying to kid? Just becuase a player scored for England doesnt mean hes good, every donkey has their day Heskey can testify to that.

When did I praise Ferguson? He's one of the biggest wasters ever to wear an Everton shirt, but thats off topic.

Since you have your scoring books out, you will find Beatie scored more than Cisse, Crouch, Morientes or Smackhead in the league last season.

Edited by Bluetrip

You brought in a first choice striker to score 6 league goals over an entire seaon, who are you trying to kid? Just becuase a player scored for England doesnt mean hes good, every donkey has their day Heskey can testify to that.

When did I praise Ferguson? He's one of the biggest wasters ever to wear an Everton shirt, but thats off topic.

Since you have your scoring books out, you will find Beatie scored more than Cisse, Crouch, Morientes or Smackhead in the league last season.

30442[/snapback]

Maybe. But the league is not the only competition. Crouch is an easy target because of his height. Anybody who has watched him closely knows he has many attributes to his game, he`s an easy target, but fact is he played a very important role in our season and was praised by manager and fans alike, unlike Morientes.

Thats the third tit for tat "liverpool are the greatest" conversation i'v seen you involved in today with 3 different people your boring!

30460[/snapback]

Funny, it was one of your fellas that actually started the 'liverpool are shite' conversation.

Its not wrong if we defend a few of our players? Is it.

We should have a section just for Liverpool fans where they can all talk and sound like parrots

30461[/snapback]

What i said above.