IGNORED

Czechs V Ghana

Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr Cech blamed an early goal for the surprise 2-0 defeat to Ghana on Saturday.

Asamoah Gyan struck in the second minute in Cologne to set the Ghanaians on their way to the country's first-ever World Cup win.

Cech was left frustrated by his side having to alter their gameplan following the early goal.

"We had a psychological advantage of having three points from the first game, Ghana had nothing, but this was turned to their favour after one hundred seconds," the Chelsea goalkeeper said. "The early goal meant we had to attack an organised defence.

"Ghana players are well-prepared athletes and they managed to capitalise on the open space in our defence.

"They created a lot of chances," he added.

Sulley Muntari scored Ghana's second goal in the 82nd minute, but not before Gyan had missed a penalty in the 64th minute.

The African side missed a host of other opportunities and Cech admitted he thought his side would find a way back into the game.

"When Ghana wasted so many chances and missed the penalty kick I began to believe that we would finally score and it would have a good end," Cech said.

Czech Republic midfielder Pavel Nedved agreed with Cech about the significance of the early goal.

"We should not have conceded the early goal, that made it easy for Ghana and it formed the course of the game," Nedved said.

"We did not play our football. We had to try to chase the loss and we did not have power for it. We were trying hard, but had problems."

Nedved, whose team have three points after a win and a loss in their opening two Group E games, highlighted the absence of strikers Jan Koller and Milan Baros as a reason for his side's lack of threat in front of goal.

"Jan Koller or Milan Baros would be missed in any team, but we are used to playing with one forward," he said.

"We wanted to wait in composed defence and strike, but we could not even start with such tactics."

With Italy as their final opponents in the group stages, Nedved knows his side face an uphill task as they look to qualify.

"Now we will play for the promotion with Italy, the strongest opponent in our group, one of the candidates for the title," Nedved said.

"We have injuries and have lost some players due to cards, we are in difficult situation."

toffeelicker - ITS A FIDDLE........

I love your Gen Licker...LOL....just like my Arl Fella, wether it be Footy, Cricket, Rugby..whatever, if a result goes aray it's surely a FIDDLE..Oh have he & I had some hum dingers over that topic over the years.

He still thinks 74/75 home & away losses to Carlisle ( whom got relegated) was an agreed bung to help keep Carlisle up.

Carlisle went down any way & we lost the title by 3 pts & were the only top 6 side or so to get beat by Carslile that season.

Dont get the arl bloke started on 1 day Cricket...he feels it was originally invented by bookies.... :lol::lol::lol:

I love your Gen Licker...LOL....just like my Arl Fella, wether it be Footy, Cricket, Rugby..whatever, if a result goes aray it's surely a FIDDLE..Oh have he & I had some hum dingers over that topic over the years.

He still thinks 74/75 home & away losses to Carlisle ( whom got relegated) was an agreed bung to help keep Carlisle up.

Carlisle went down any way & we lost the title by 3 pts & were the only top 6 side or so to get beat by Carslile that season.

Dont get the arl bloke started on 1 day Cricket...he feels it was originally invented by bookies.... :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

30340[/snapback]

does he also insist that the england 1970 WC team was the best team to ever play and the germans poisoned Gordon banks?

my auld man thinks that is an understatment, he believes and gets angry everytime they say brazil 1970 best team ever.

Are you an EFC or Chelski fan?..............or is there something more between you and fatty?

:wub:   er sorry, I meant flabby! ;)

30440[/snapback]

I support Everton, i just like Lampard because hes a quality player just like i think Gerrard is a good player, but it doesnt mean i support liverpool player. It just means i can acknowledge a quality footballer. You are an idiot, football is about appreciating good players but Liverpool fans such as yourself dont seem to be able to do that unless they play for Liverpool. Its people like you that make Everton fans get a bad impression of Liverpool, so just shut up and open your eyes.

I support Everton, i just like Lampard because hes a quality player just like i think Gerrard is a good player, but it doesnt mean i support liverpool player. It just means i can acknowledge a quality footballer. You are an idiot, football is about appreciating good players but Liverpool fans such as yourself dont seem to be able to do that unless they play for Liverpool. Its people like you that make Everton fans get a bad impression of Liverpool, so just shut up and open your eyes.

30444[/snapback]

I`m an idiot so I hope you don`t expect me to do both at once. You really don`t have any humor at all do you? I thought it would be ok to poke fun at a non Everton player on the football forum without incuring abuse or bitterness, but clearly not. Whatever. The real reason you have a bad impression of Liverpool is sheer envy and nothing else. ;)

I`m an idiot so I hope you don`t expect me to do both at once. You really don`t have any humor at all do you? I thought it would be ok to poke fun at a non Everton player on the football forum without incuring abuse or bitterness, but clearly not. Whatever. The real reason you have a bad impression of Liverpool is sheer envy and nothing else. ;)

30447[/snapback]

Yes ofcourse :rolleyes:

I could only be envying the past because there isnt going to be anything to be envious about in the future