IGNORED

Bilyaletdinov

seems now whoever plays behind the striker has to be a cahill in our team though :rolleyes: bily is a much much better footballer than timmy is..bily has a nicer eye for a pass for starters so when lobbin it into the area for tim to fight for the ball then stick bily on to thread it through or thump it from 30 yards..people are complainin this season we go to the wings far too often well wouldn't it suit us to stick bily in the centre and let him try and find that ball? bench arteta for a game he needs a rest or a boot up the arse and stick bily with cahill and maybe have the wide players a tad more reserved to stop us crossin to no one a million times a match

Not saying he has to play like Cahill, I just think under Moyes' set up that we play our best football with high tempo pressing tactics and I don't think Billy has the physical attributes or work ethic to play through the middle in that kind of system. When we boss teams like we did Arsenal at the emirates last year, I think it has more to do with what we do off the ball than on it. Hope the kid proves me wrong cos I like him, but thats just the way I see it.

seems now whoever plays behind the striker has to be a cahill in our team though :rolleyes: bily is a much much better footballer than timmy is..bily has a nicer eye for a pass for starters so when lobbin it into the area for tim to fight for the ball then stick bily on to thread it through or thump it from 30 yards..people are complainin this season we go to the wings far too often well wouldn't it suit us to stick bily in the centre and let him try and find that ball? bench arteta for a game he needs a rest or a boot up the arse and stick bily with cahill and maybe have the wide players a tad more reserved to stop us crossin to no one a million times a match

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more.

Comparing him to van der vaart actually got me thinking that the last throw of the dice should be behind the striker. To romey's point, the Cahill second striker role is one dimensional and workmanlike. Although effective.

If the lad is going to make it anywhere it will be there, he ain't a winger, and he ain't gonna work well in the engine room. So........ Let's try him behind the yak in a carling, ah yeah forgot about that. It's a pity that one of moyes strengths is also his weakness. His belief in what he thinks are his first choice players no matter what, take an age to be rotated shall we say.

Could turn out to be a masterstroke or final throw of the dice. His opportunity is to scare defenders enough with some long range shooting to close him down and allow the through ball to be received in more space.

I think it would be best to sell him if an offer comes in January. He has failed to impress as a winger, the position he used to play all his life, for 1.5 years now. And honestly, I can't see that changing so drastically if he would be moved to a position behind the striker. Fair play to the lad: he has a brillant left foot. But I don't think he has any where near enough physical qualities to be playing in the PL and especially not in a central midfield role. First of all I can't see him pressurizing defenders high up the pitch, drop deep and come help when needed and run up the field to counter for 90 minutes. Not even for 10 minutes to be honest. And that's something every attacking midfielder needs to do, not just Tim Cahill, he just happens to be exceptionally well at it. If you don't the space between the midfielders and strikers would get way too big and the opposition's players can all just comfortably pass the ball up the pitch. Also I don't think he's mobile enough to surprise defenders. Van der Vaart is constantly on the move, I can imagine Bily playing behind the striker consisting of standing still out of the box, being easily marked and offering us nothing in link-up play.

van der vaart has played that position many times in his life so comparing bily to a player of his experience there and of his quality is a bit silly..he isn't going to be a van der vaart simple as that but i am convinced he would be more than useful there! as said if he freed up some more space with players closin him down then the yak would feed off of extra space and probably grab more goals! bily won't press players much but the way people are talking they are saying he wont at all i have seen him do it now so that is completely stupid to say! he moves a lot now too and gets himself in good positions as he did against bolton so i can't see him just suddenly not moving if played in the centre

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/everton-news/moyes-place-bily-middle/

“There could be a possibility behind the striker. A couple of people have mentioned that to me but it’s something I’ve not really considered that much because I already have a lot of people who can do that."

Surely, it's Moyes' responsibility to consider all options? You can't write something off when you haven't even tried it yet!

van der vaart has played that position many times in his life so comparing bily to a player of his experience there and of his quality is a bit silly..he isn't going to be a van der vaart simple as that but i am convinced he would be more than useful there! as said if he freed up some more space with players closin him down then the yak would feed off of extra space and probably grab more goals! bily won't press players much but the way people are talking they are saying he wont at all i have seen him do it now so that is completely stupid to say! he moves a lot now too and gets himself in good positions as he did against bolton so i can't see him just suddenly not moving if played in the centre

Where did I compare him to van der vart? Oh yes with you, compare him by position, certainly not quality. However will we ever know?

Edited by Hafnia2

• 2 months later...

thing is all the shite were being linked to id rather play bily,he certainly has it in him to score goals he needs to play week in week out...we need to drop either ossie or arteta they have both been crap...if you play ossie its got to be in the middle of the park.for me id bench him hes to weak.

Very dubious about Bily myself but he's maybe worth a go, but I'd drop Arteta ahead of Ossie.....he made the second goal at Anfield and the equalizer yesterday so at least he's contributing which Mikel ain't :angry: .

i quite agree thats what worries me i think he needs to play...think he played ok against city i think...hes got to be a better option than arteta /osman at the moment.

Do you know what would have been the best option? If Moyes, in his 9 years here, had got us a proper winger and not just bought central midfielder and shoved them out wide. If he had, we could have shifted Ossie into the middle (where he looks at his best) in place of Arteta and had a winger on the wing.

I don't think Rodwell is the answer to our problems, we need someone to slot into central midfielder who's going to be there for 90 minutes and be reliable. Rodwell just doesn't influence a game often enough IMO.

just dont know where we get a winger from at the moment...jarvis was the best ive seen this year against us,but weve got no chance there,eagles will give you balance but is he good enough,i dont think hes any better than bily,krancjar looked shite when he came on against us.i dont know what we do i say save whatever money weve got till the summer,only option at this time would be a striker.

Oh yeah, I agree totally, but what I'm saying is that Moyes has had 9 years to address our lack of a proper winger and has instead bought central midfielders to play out wide instead. Bily is looking like a collossal waste of money. Now I think Bily is a quality player, just not in the position Moyes has bought him for. That money would have been better served signing an actual winger.

We could do what Spurs have done and push Bainesy forward onto left wing. He's our best wide midfield player at the moment even playing as a LB. And at home we could consider playing Arteta wide right, altho the way they're both playing at the moment I'm not sure that would be fair on Seamus.

Edited by SharpysVolley

We could do what Spurs have done and push Bainesy forward onto left wing. He's our best wide midfield player at the moment even playing as a LB. And at home we could consider playing Arteta wide right, altho the way they're both playing at the moment I'm not sure that would be fair on Seamus.

And play who at left back? You know, seeing as Baines is the only one we have.

Please don't suggest Distin, Neville, Hibbert, Bily for LB. I might break something.

Arteta has played left wing for us in the past as well as right wing, i agree that he must play further up the field, Coleman is struggling at the moment because he is asked to do too much, Neville has been drifting inside almost playing alongside Heitinga.

I like Neville but Moyes should leave him out at the moment, Coleman to fullback, Arteta to right wing, and Gueye left wing, we should still have Baines overlapping on the left and Coleman overlapping on the right with Arteta.

Moyes needs to shake things up and see if other players can do the job, there are too many who are not performing.

Oh yeah, I agree totally, but what I'm saying is that Moyes has had 9 years to address our lack of a proper winger and has instead bought central midfielders to play out wide instead. Bily is looking like a collossal waste of money. Now I think Bily is a quality player, just not in the position Moyes has bought him for. That money would have been better served signing an actual winger.

To be fair Arteta was superb out wide and Piennar was equally impressive on the left, Kilbane was signed as a wide man and he was a great signing for us.

He also brought in Donovan last year so you cant really say hes done nothing about it for 9 years

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

To be fair Arteta was superb out wide and Piennar was equally impressive on the left, Kilbane was signed as a wide man and he was a great signing for us.

He also brought in Donovan last year so you cant really say hes done nothing about it for 9 years

Arteta and Pienaar are not proper wingers, that's my point. Which is why even though they played well out wide they drifted inside more often than not. Kilbane? Yeah, proper winger but once he went he should have been replaced with another natural winger, not the stop gaps that he has brought in. Donovan, a stop gap. A 3 month signing isn't doing something about it at all. Infact, having Donovan showed us all exactly what we had been missing and what Moyes had failed to address.

Edited by Romey 1878

Kilbane is gone. Donovan was here for 10 weeks. Pienaar is gone. And Arteta is not a winger. Moyes hasn't done a thing about getting a proper winger in 9 years. Outside of Coleman, who is meant to be a RB, he hasn't BOUGHT a single winger since Kilbane. Loans that don't lead to a purchase surely can't be counted as doing something about solving our width problem. Our current midfield staff doesn't have a single player with pace.

Back to topic. I like Bily, a lot. He's definitely not a 9mil player, but he's the only player on our staff who will take a shot. His (shooting) technique is unmatched by anyone in our squad except maybe Saha. If Moyes can figure out how to work him into the squad, I think he'll "come good" as so many here put it. Bily won't be the workhorse Cahill or Pienaar are/were but he has a place in our squad.

Kilbane is gone. Donovan was here for 10 weeks. Pienaar is gone. And Arteta is not a winger. Moyes hasn't done a thing about getting a proper winger in 9 years. Outside of Coleman, who is meant to be a RB, he hasn't BOUGHT a single winger since Kilbane. Loans that don't lead to a purchase surely can't be counted as doing something about solving our width problem. Our current midfield staff doesn't have a single player with pace.

Back to topic. I like Bily, a lot. He's definitely not a 9mil player, but he's the only player on our staff who will take a shot. His (shooting) technique is unmatched by anyone in our squad except maybe Saha. If Moyes can figure out how to work him into the squad, I think he'll "come good" as so many here put it. Bily won't be the workhorse Cahill or Pienaar are/were but he has a place in our squad.

Yes I know they been and gone but the point Im trying to make is its wrong to say he hasnt done anything about it for 9 years. Arteta may not be a winger but he certainly did a great job in that position. We have had the best left side in the Premiership for the past 3 seasons so how does that work if he hasnt done anything about it?

We all know that we have needed a RW for quite some time and Moyes did try and bring in Donovan but we have had no cash and there lies the problem.

When Moyes came we desperately needed players in just about every position so to have narrowed that down to just a striker and a left winger with no money to spend is quite an achievement really

i think Bily should be given a chance in cahills position just off the front striker where he can pick up the second ball and hopefully find space as he is not afraid to shoot (him being the only one) he is not quick enough to play out wide in the demanding style that the prem brings. Dont see how Maggie doesnt get a start after being on the bench all season!

i think Bily should be given a chance in cahills position just off the front striker where he can pick up the second ball and hopefully find space as he is not afraid to shoot (him being the only one) he is not quick enough to play out wide in the demanding style that the prem brings. Dont see how Maggie doesnt get a start after being on the bench all season!

If you had been at either the Huddersfield or Brentford games this season you would maybe know the answer to that question

Yes I know they been and gone but the point Im trying to make is its wrong to say he hasnt done anything about it for 9 years. Arteta may not be a winger but he certainly did a great job in that position. We have had the best left side in the Premiership for the past 3 seasons so how does that work if he hasnt done anything about it?

We all know that we have needed a RW for quite some time and Moyes did try and bring in Donovan but we have had no cash and there lies the problem.

When Moyes came we desperately needed players in just about every position so to have narrowed that down to just a striker and a left winger with no money to spend is quite an achievement really

I actually didnt think Arteta was that great out wide. He certainly showed glimpses of quality but he drifted in and out of games far too much and tended to either be very good or poor. Part of that was probably because we didnt get him in the game enough but bar this season he has been twice the player in the heart of midfield.

Oh he was the only poor player in that peformance was he?

Exactly. I personally wouldnt mind so much if our shit players were either scoring or getting assists. He seemed to do alright when he was eventually brought on against Scunthorpe as well.

I also think that Bily has lot to offer us, and he can prove that he aint flop. He havent got decent chance and he might be that kind of player who cant get best out of him, when he feels that manager/man in charge aint having full trust of him and hes abilities. He should get right now at least 3-4 starts in a row and im sure he will show us what hes capable of.

I actually didnt think Arteta was that great out wide. He certainly showed glimpses of quality but he drifted in and out of games far too much and tended to either be very good or poor. Part of that was probably because we didnt get him in the game enough but bar this season he has been twice the player in the heart of midfield.

Exactly. I personally wouldnt mind so much if our shit players were either scoring or getting assists. He seemed to do alright when he was eventually brought on against Scunthorpe as well.

That pretty much spells out his time at Everton mate, either a world beater or pretty poor. At the moment he's pretty poor. I like him out on the right, he's got the skill and thinking to go past a man and whip a decent ball in. I think Moyes should look at this again.

As for Billy, I think he's one of those players that has a knack of popping up at the right time and hitting it sweetly. He can be a very good player at Everton.