IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

everything and everyone

You want to try living with it, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I'm goddamn serious

Guess even then that's not entirely applicable, as have to be sleeping sometimes, but any waking hours, is nearly always a constant struggle. 99 per cent attributed to other things, not my doing.

I don't think that's what he was getting at kid.

I've tried the 'alternative' and then realized how selfish it can be to the ones you leave behind after the event. Thinking about it, is worse than doing it.

Worth an addition to this thread, useless cunts in 'jobs' who just sit around doing less than nothing. Horrible snide individuals

what's our variation of that ? Bitters by some shite supporters, which actually always took offense to, just a stupid term for the club, or it's more directed at our supporters than club name

Playing the FA cup final before end of season. The competition has become tarnished in recent years with all this fucking around by certain individuals, and not even a 3-00 start anymore. Just another reason why I've lost interest in soccer in recent years with all the messing around they've done and made a fucking mess of things.

But New Order is your favorite group - Blue Monday

Hold mondays in high regard - don't have to work, hence coming home at indecent hours

Add to this, doing a quiet spot of fishing down at Christchurch, some fucking degenerates come along (more inebriated then I ever was) whooping and hollering and making a scene and it was in danger of becoming a scene, but they passed without incident and back to fishing. Shouting to each other on the seafront and upper levels, could be heard in Plymouth, but they were soon gone and only a brief interruption. Can remember thinking, 'can you please fuck off'. And they did, they fucked off. Summer months always brings out the fucking idiots. Other than that, not a bad night, all told.

Can remember thinking, 'can you please fuck off'. And they did, they fucked off. Summer months always brings out the fucking idiots. Other than that, not a bad night, all told.

You seem to be giving Derren Brown a run for his money.

I can't be doing with people arguing in public though. If you want to scream and shout do it behind closed doors. No need to make a tool out of each other.

Baby on board signs people stick to their back windscreens in their cars. So basically implying that they're a shit driver, and that we should be courteous to them as they're being more cautious than usual just because they've got a kid in the car.

FFS, if you drive any differently based on what type of passengers you have in the car you shouldn't be driving :angry:

A lad i played football with a few years ago, who was single handedly the worst player ive ever seen or played with, signing for NY red bulls. Beggars belief

Who was it?

I'm in the same boat though. I was released from Everton in 2008 and sometimes wish that I'd been born in a country with piss-poor football so that I could break through. In countries like USA it seems like anyone can be a soccer star.

Zoo, on 22 May 2013 - 20:24, said:

Who was it?

I'm in the same boat though. I was released from Everton in 2008 and sometimes wish that I'd been born in a country with piss-poor football so that I could break through. In countries like USA it seems like anyone can be a soccer star.

A lad called Kris. Dont think he will ever see the first team like, but i think he's been signed to their academy, he's been out there a few months apparently trying to make a go of it. All on daddys budget of course.

He used to get pissed off at not getting a game because i was always the main striker. We tried me and him upfront a couple of times and it was literally embarrassing playing with him, i thought at one point he had something wrong with him...he was THAT bad. I played for 3 teams when i was younger, the first 2 i was with for a while, scored a hat-trick on my debut for both and scored 6 in one game for the 2nd team without playing the full 90 mins. Went to my 3rd team and had a bad time with injuries, pulled my hamstring quite badly in pre-season, kept rushing myself back because i missed playing too much. Kept pulling it and never really got going for them at all, think if i had let myself heal i could have maybe got somewhere within football, but i lost a bit of pace from that i think. All if's and buts really.

Getting a few texts through from mates asking how the hell it has happened to him and not me! sad.png

I think i've asked you before Zoo, but werent you at Everton with Adam Davies? He was in the year above me in school, never saw him play in goal but he just looked like he would be a boss keeper :lol: think he played CB for school a few times and i heard he was pretty good in that position as well!

Edited by GoodisonRoad

a lad i played footy with as a kid(michael barnes) made a first team appearance for man utd...we all pissed on him..some people just develop at different rates and stages i guess!

Oh i get that completely, but its difficult to explain how bad the guy was, its just so surprising. Couldnt knock his love of Football and of Everton though. Fair play to him for sticking at it.

I think i've asked you before Zoo, but werent you at Everton with Adam Davies? He was in the year above me in school, never saw him play in goal but he just looked like he would be a boss keeper laugh.png think he played CB for school a few times and i heard he was pretty good in that position as well!

I did.

I was amazed when Everton let him go actually. I shadowed Adam when I was doing my training and he was a brilliant keeper, rarely made a mistake during training and had the perfect attitude.

He was capped by England too so I've no idea why he was released.

i can understand..i pissed on this lad completely..think i hit my peak at about 15 though never really got any better..although i never believed i was good enough to be a prop so never pursued it! he obviously did..plays in the lower leagues now i think

Think i hit my peak at a similar age and injuries held me back.

I still play the odd 5 or 7 a-side game and although the opposition is never great, i still feel like i've got something if i got myself fit! (lol) been itching at a chance for a lower league or even conference team, just to see if i could compete if anything.

Think i hit my peak at a similar age and injuries held me back.

I still play the odd 5 or 7 a-side game and although the opposition is never great, i still feel like i've got something if i got myself fit! (lol) been itching at a chance for a lower league or even conference team, just to see if i could compete if anything.

try a local non-league part time thing and see how you do there

It's bollocks when stuff like that happens. I've been quite unlucky too I think. I was released by Everton because they only wanted two goalkeepers (and they came to the decision that they wanted to keep Adam & Connor Roberts and let me go). I went back to basics and was spotted by a goalkeeping coach who ran his own football camp who said that I was good enough and that he would find me a place somewhere - he was apparantly chatting to Bolton Wanderers but at the same time his Dad died so he had to give the whole thing up (and it just ended like that).

I play 5-a-side league now and whilst I believe I could have made it in my peak (15-16) it's going to be very hard now considering I'm 19 and haven't been on a full size pitch for 12 months.

I did.

I was amazed when Everton let him go actually. I shadowed Adam when I was doing my training and he was a brilliant keeper, rarely made a mistake during training and had the perfect attitude.

He was capped by England too so I've no idea why he was released.

Yeah, he was quite a quiet lad actually, seemed to have a perfect attitude. I was suprised a lower league team didnt snap him up tbh, but i think i remember one of the teachers telling me he was focusing on teaching, should he not make it in football, so he may have decided to do that.

I remember he got my sports teacher Barkley's boots after he broke his leg, said ross wouldnt be needing them! and my sports teacher wore them! probably be worth a few bob if he comes good! :lol: