IGNORED

New Shirt

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite fancy number 9 with DEAN on the back, I know they didn't wear numbers in Dixie's day but it would look smart, and it would make himself happy.

30901[/snapback]

Tara, in fact Everton were the first team to wear the numbers 1-11 on their shirts; in the 1933 FA Cup Final against Manchester City, who wore 12-22. Everton won 3-0, and Dixie Dean was the first ever number 9. ;)

Edited by mikeo

As I've posted elsewhere JJB have emailed me saying that boys longsleeved shirts are being delayed due to "technical" problems. They're actually not taking any orders for long sleeved shirts at all on the website at the mo...so I'm assuming there won't be any in the shops this week. I'd be grateful though if someone could confirm that for me on Thursday...I need to decide whether to wait for them to arrive or change my order..thanks people.

same ere

30852[/snapback]

The only number i would get is 9 - ROWLO

or at a push 5 - LABONE

there is no way that i would put the name of any footballer on my back whilst heis still playing - they are already big headed enough and they are no better than you or me so why praise them in such an immortal way?!

Tara, in fact Everton were the first team to wear the numbers 1-11 on their shirts; in the 1933 FA Cup Final against Manchester City, who wore 12-22. Everton won 3-0, and Dixie Dean was the first ever number 9. ;)

31006[/snapback]

Didn't know that Mike, I don't like the strip so I will wait until they produce something I like. I don't agree with the automatic purchase of a shirt because it's new, but then again I am a mean bugger anyway.

My fave shirt has to be my FA Final shirt for 1995, with no sponsor on it, smart as f*ck.

ATB

Mac

Bit old now Mac, have you still got it. :blink:

31317[/snapback]

Not only do I still have it, but the condition of it is superb.

If you remember that one, they had a tendancy to snag on everything, but my baby is pristine.

ATB

Mac

The only number i would get is 9 - ROWLO

or at a push 5 - LABONE

there is no way that i would put the name of any footballer on my back whilst heis still playing - they are already big headed enough and they are no better than you or me so why praise them in such an immortal way?!

31093[/snapback]

phew - thats a bit deep for a tuesday afternoon! :blink:

My fave shirt has to be my FA Final shirt for 1995, with no sponsor on it, smart as f*ck.

31308[/snapback]

Ive got that one, without the sponsor as well, agree its pretty smart, its not me favourite though but its special like :)