IGNORED

Fifa Corruption...

They just had an article on the news about Chuck Blazer. Apparently, while working for FIFA, he put all expenses on his personal AmEx card and racked up over 25 million award points. That alone is enough for over 200 round-trip business tickets across the Atlantic. 25 million! Can you imagine how much these guys must be spending?

Matt, how is all of this being reported in Switzerland? What is the Swiss view on Blatter?

No one seems to care! They just either accept that nothing is going to change and ignore it is really don't care. Weird really.

On the radio, they claimed he was elected democratically. No, he wasn't. The nation of Montserrat, with a population of under 5,000 people, had the same number of votes (one) as India, with a population of over a billion. Win over officials from small and very poor countries and you're there. That's ridiculous.

The German newspaper Spiegel is reporting that there could be a splinter group from FIFA.

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/fifa-und-blatter-politiker-bringen-konkurrenzverband-ins-spiel-a-1036408.html

It's not needed in my opinion, the situation in boxing with all the different federations is ludicrous.

It'll be interesting to see who eventually replaces Blatter.

There isn't really a fair system that could be used, it's currently 1 member 1 vote but if it was ranked based on team performance or country population, it'd be considered unfair. I think maybe a compromise would be a first past the post system put towards the continental body (UEFA, CONCACAF,CONMEBOL, CAF,AFC, OFC) and then the presidential nominee with most votes out of six would win. It wouldn't work if it was a tie though!

World football owes a very big 'thank you' to America. No names, but there are some European countries who, even if they'd had the evidence, wouldn't have done anything. By the way, did you know that France and Spain votes FOR Blatter?

Absolutely, how stupid are the people who voted for him looking now? Hopefully the American and Swiss investigations continue and the roots are destroyed as well as the tree. American legal system is far from perfect (whose is?) but in this case a great job which came from nowhere seemingly, no advance indication that anything was going to happen. Good for them.

Prince Ali, Ginola and Figo are.

It needs to be a businessman/administrator to run such an organisation, being an ex-player is irrelevant. Ginola's a joke, Figo I have no idea about what he's done since he finished playing (or before come to that), might have all sorts of qualifications. Likewise Ali I have no idea about.

There must be many well qualified people out there; I'd put Greg Dyke forward from my extremely limited knowledge but no way he'd get it.