IGNORED

Fifa Corruption...

This!

One of the individuals arrested last week is trying to save his own skin.

Yep, there is no loyalty amongst thieves.

Bunch of low life criminals. I hope they all get stripped of all their assets, thrown in jail and left pennyless.

Every one of them were in a privileged position and one of trust and were earning enough to have a nice comfortable hinest hard working life.

Greedy bastards. I fucking despise behaviour like this shere people take money for themselves when a) they don't really need it and B) it could go to a worthwhile cause.

But sadly no chance of winning (as I said). For me he's just the right sort of guy to be up for the job, there are certainly many others around the globe who I know nothing about, would just like to see someone of his calibre and integrity get the post.

I wish Dyke would shut up. It's not "brilliant for football", it's a brilliant opportunity but it depends on who seizes it.

The Kuwaiti ANOC President will be the FIFA President if he wants it but his name isn't coming up yet.

I hope it's Prince Ali. He's the only person who stood for election who looked and acted professionally. He clearly doesn't need the money, so bribes and bungs are a waste of time. And he looked like he had the backing of the bigger footballing nations.

I hope it's Prince Ali. He's the only person who stood for election who looked and acted professionally. He clearly doesn't need the money, so bribes and bungs are a waste of time. And he looked like he had the backing of the bigger footballing nations.

spot on. his being independently weathly is a huge plus for me, like you said he doesn't need or want bribes. and he's been an administrator before so he's not new.

platini odds on favorite now, but i don't see it happening. all the other confederations don't want more power in europe, in fact they want less and less teams in the WC from them (don't agree with that, but it's their stance).

i've also seen this. http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/2477117/2022-world-cup-could-go-to-us-if-there-is-a-revote-dyke

surely its dyke trying to get concacaf behind him, although it would be nice to have the cup here. i'd have to sell a kidney to be able to afford a match, but my son would be 8 by then, it would be magical.

Edited by markjazzbassist

it goes deeper now.

And admissions starting to surface?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/32998735

Mr Blazer says: "Beginning in or around 2004 and continuing through 2011, I and others on the Fifa executive committee agreed to accept bribes in conjunction with the selection of South Africa as the host nation for the 2010 World Cup."

He adds: "I and others agreed to accept bribes and kickbacks in conjunction with the broadcast and other rights to the 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2003 Gold Cups (the regional championship for national teams)."

And admissions starting to surface?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/32998735

Mr Blazer says: "Beginning in or around 2004 and continuing through 2011, I and others on the Fifa executive committee agreed to accept bribes in conjunction with the selection of South Africa as the host nation for the 2010 World Cup."

He adds: "I and others agreed to accept bribes and kickbacks in conjunction with the broadcast and other rights to the 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2003 Gold Cups (the regional championship for national teams)."

yes i just saw this, its all starting to come out. i'm sure it's going to be a shitstorm for a couple months and a bunch more people will step down and then hopefully it will become a decent organization.

The only problem I have with the Qatar one being revoked is that all those people will have died for even less of a reason.

matt i've thought about that too. and i'm worried all the workers won't be paid and will have to find a way back home with having worked for years and not compensated. FIFA needs to start a committee to right the wrongs done over there if they do move it, they need to pay those people and jail the contractors.

Warner is a strange character. From what I can make out he's hinted that if the FBI drop their charges against him, he'll tell them where the bodies lie. There's a seven minute long video on Youtube.

I've been fascinated by the recent fallout but at the same time I don't want to see FIFA as an entity suffer. The UEFA breakaway that was mooted is a step in the wrong direction. I think that there's too much good that goes on for it to fall apart because of the actions of their executives.

Warner is a strange character. From what I can make out he's hinted that if the FBI drop their charges against him, he'll tell them where the bodies lie. There's a seven minute long video on Youtube.

The strange (and somewhat scary) bit is that Warner was always seen as an advocate for England whenever we bid or considered bidding. I think he was probably taking money from all sides promising his vote (along with his "gang") and then just voting for whoever the hell he liked.

The disbelief in the England delegation when they lost out in 2010 in the first round with (from memory) two votes when they'd been "promised" many more was telling. Probably our bribes were too paltry.

The disbelief in the England delegation when they lost out in 2010 in the first round with (from memory) two votes when they'd been "promised" many more was telling. Probably our bribes were too paltry.

Which would you prefer: ten million in used notes from South Africa, or a promise handshake with Prince Andrew?

If anyone in Britain did offer bribes, I really hope they are found out as face the consequences. At this point, the integrity of the game is at stake.

Which would you prefer: ten million in used notes from South Africa, or a promise handshake with Prince Andrew?

If anyone in Britain did offer bribes, I really hope they are found out as face the consequences. At this point, the integrity of the game is at stake.

To the first question. Neither (though I could probably find something to do with the cash if I thought about it).

Second line I obviously agree with completely.

Russia and Qatar smoking gun?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33044932

qatar without a doubt. russia is difficult, because with putin you know money or something exchanged hands, but he's got it on lockdown there i don't think they'd ever be able to find anything. everyone involved would rather go to the grave than cross him.