IGNORED

Eric Dier

Dont know what would be best for us now. We have bit of problems atm to get the proper starting 11 on field. So im not huge fan on "huge talents" now cause we need to spend moneys to some1 who will improve our squad immediatly. Tomorrows talents are great, but atm we have problems wich need to fix asap than thinking about the season 2015-2016

An Irish registered company called Quality Football Ireland Limited signed an agreement with Sporting Lisbon which apparently states that they will receive 50% of all sales on 18-26 year olds in an exchange for an upfront fee due to SL's ongoing financial problems. Their fans are furious and the President resigned at the weekend. Perhaps this is why Lisbon are less 'reluctant' to sell because it's in their interest financially as the player is not 18 yet?

Supposedly we have signed him on loan till the end of June, not been confirmed yet but if people say he is as decent I look forward to watching him play. If he plays well we will sign him in June no doubt. Then in two seasons he would be in our starting line up.

I like how he says I'm not one of these defenders who just kick the ball far, I like to make runs, make clean tackles and get the ball forward playing direct.

Also Man Utd were interested in him when he was 16 years old but he decided to sign for Sporting Lisbon because his family was in Portugal, but now his family have moved back and we have got him.

Anyway here the link:

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2011/01/sporting-confirm-dier-loan/

Sounds liek good business to me to be fair

Problem is hes a defender, is he a central defender? If so, these positions are hard to fill unless you have maximum experience, so you cant really see him playing for many years yet.

If he were a winger or that then obviously, they tend to be thrown in a little younger.

I still think good move. As someone mentioned earlier, get them in earlier, and hope they fulfil there big potential, rather than miss out and see the player grow to be a 10 - 20m world class defender.

On a slightly different tip, he's english but has lived in portugal for a large portion of his life, so i would think he has the english "rough" side of defending, coupled with the portuguese "cool" way of playing out of defence. Hmmm sounds interesting.

I can't stop laughing at this.

We need a winger and a striker and we sign a 17 year old central defender on loan who won't even play.

LOL.

joke

I'm going to put those two comments away in a deep dark place somewhere and bring them out in six years time when he's the rock at the center of our defence (alongside Duffy) when we win the Champions League B) .

Who last had the TT humble pie recipe :lol: ?

I'm going to put those two comments away in a deep dark place somewhere and bring them out in six years time when he's the rock at the center of our defence (alongside Duffy) when we win the Champions League B) .

Who last had the TT humble pie recipe :lol: ?

No problem, he'll probably be back at Sporting after his loan ;).

i think it would be obvious he will sign permantly. and i think its more evident thats the way we have to do business from now on. People are so short sighted. all right we need players now but give moyes credit. he is not like other managers thay buy quick fix average players that are getting on ala sidwell

all right we need players now but give moyes credit. he is not like other managers thay buy quick fix average players that are getting on ala sidwell

Point taken, that's exactly what I've been asking for. I was ecstatic to be linked with Keane, Miller, Gudjohnsen, Owen etc etc. Literally jumping out of my seat at the thought of these players pulling on an Everton shirt. I was screaming for us to sign them. Infact, Im still in tears that Miller is going to Turkey. Just think what he could have done for us? What a loss for this club. My short sightedness getting in the way again. Fuck a duck. (We don't have a sarcasm font, but if we did, this would qualify)

Lets hope he's better than Hibbert.

Edited by Romey 1878

Let's face it, if the lad's good enough he will play. Can't assume one way or the other about how he will go in the first team until he's been tried. If he's good enough we'll keep him (money being available, that is).

I've been, and still am a Moyes critic, but I can't complain about his giving young 'uns an opportunity at the club.

They will play if they're good enough in Moyes' mind (and thereby hangs the tail). To my mind there's no point in bringing in people and then not playing them, because he hasn't got the balls to risk dropping a current player who's out of form.

Gueye is the classic example in this case. Something REALLY has to change at the club - the ideas are great, but the execution is nothing short of apalling.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning all, I am sure somebody will take me to task for this, but I cannot find a reference to him in any recent posts, asking where the f**k is he?? (if there is, then my apologies).

However, a mate of mine asked me yesterday, who is this Eric Dier, that is showing on S.S.N. list of players 'in' at Everton?. My question is, if we are paying a loan fee, and I presume wages,to him, then where is he, in respect of the first team?

Why do we need a loan player in any other squad?

I can't see anything other than a loan to buy option but he's here for Sporting's benefit really, but his family moved back to England recently, so he wanted to be closer to them. Everton, due to their track record for youngsters, were chosen as the best option for his development.

As this is his second year back, i'm guessing there's an option to buy at the end. but thats my opinion.