IGNORED

Bily

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you never know though really! ToffeeTalk come up highly on google! so he might have had a peak !

If he's not going to feature in Moyes' plans though, in theory you'd cut your losses, but Moyes might be thinking "he's in reserve, and if I get rid I'll not get much for him and I've still got to replace him!"

Tricky really with players like that. We had the same with Jo. Tried hard but was crap really. You lot didn't want to keep him either - had to move him on. Seemed a nice lad, had a good attitude, but couldn't cut the mustard

Well, you never know though really! ToffeeTalk come up highly on google! so he might have had a peak !

If he's not going to feature in Moyes' plans though, in theory you'd cut your losses, but Moyes might be thinking "he's in reserve, and if I get rid I'll not get much for him and I've still got to replace him!"

Tricky really with players like that. We had the same with Jo. Tried hard but was crap really. You lot didn't want to keep him either - had to move him on. Seemed a nice lad, had a good attitude, but couldn't cut the mustard

Jo also liked to go on holiday to Brazil whenever he felt like if i remember correctly. As for Bily hopefully he will find a manager who will play him in his best position hes no nearer being a left winger than i am.

Can't blame the lad for wanting games, but there's another way to get games... play better! he'll get another chance if he works hard enough and waits for his break again.

Then again, the press don't help. He's probably said "Of course I'd rather be playing" - and they turn that into 'unhappy not playing' and then change it to 'will go elsewhere if I don't get a game'

Possibly not one of Moyes' better buys for the money though - but show me a club that hasn't bought a few that didn't work out

Why Moyes brought him in and played him out wide is beyond me...

He was described as a winger very often when we bought him, still is on wiki, either that or a left sided mid.

If you look at his "best of" from his time at Moscow a lot of it is on the wing. He can play on the wing (or he could in Russia) so it's understandable that DM thought he could do it here.

Amazing difference between his body language/attitude on this and his time at Everton....he looks like a little lost boy now whereas at Moscow he was the captain. Never seen less likely captain material now.

He was described as a winger very often when we bought him, still is on wiki, either that or a left sided mid.

If you look at his "best of" from his time at Moscow a lot of it is on the wing. He can play on the wing (or he could in Russia) so it's understandable that DM thought he could do it here.

Amazing difference between his body language/attitude on this and his time at Everton....he looks like a little lost boy now whereas at Moscow he was the captain. Never seen less likely captain material now.

Ah I've always had him down as a AM when I've watched Russia play he always sat behind Arshavin where he looked totally different, Not seen much of his time at Moscow to be honest so can't really say how he played for them but as you say I couldn't imagine him being a Capt in the EPL.

If we get a decent amount back for him I'd be happy It's just ashame it's not the other Moscow outfit I'd have swapped him for McGeady if possible.

It's unsurprising he's lost confidence here given the amount of games.

I'd like to see Moyes just say bollocks to it and play him for the rest of the season to see what happens.

I can't help thinking there is something waiting to come to life, and watching those videos don't help, although a lot of what he does in it is the same trick. His first game was wonderful. What happened?

I can see why Moyes bought him... Too bad he lost it somehow O.o

Personally it's one of two for me. Whenever Bily has played in an attacking mid role he's looked promising, not quick and nimble but he's good with the ball at his feet and one of less than half a dozen of our players that can shoot from outside the box. Cahill hasn't looked himself and as much as every team says he's a danger i fear he is past his prime and should be used as an impact sub from now on.

If our midfield features Bily in a central attacking role then I think he can get some form and maybe stake out a first 11 berth.

However, out wide he has been useless for us, and if that's where Moyes sees him then we need to get rid in january. take whatever we can get and try and get another loan deal for someone like drenthe...highly doubtful but possible all the same.

either way its the same with heitinga, Moyes clearly didn't buy him as a first choice CB even though that's what he is for Holland, and in the same way Johnny spoke out in the media (or at least was claimed to) Bily has as well to try and spark a reaction from the manager.

But the only way he should be doing that is on the training ground. I'll be very interested to see how we line up against wolves. It's unfortunately become an important game to win for us instead of a routine one, and looking at wolves games after us they need a win against us to. I can't see where another one for them will come from in their next 5 games.

if he wants to go he can go, but if he wants to play premier league football he needs to act like a premier league footballer, get his head down and earn a place in the squad.

And another point about him on the wing, he's had 2 years to get with the pace, if he did it in Russia surely he's had enough time to do it here. No sympathy for the out of position argument in that respect. He doesn't lack skill so much as pace, which you can train up to get. Look how fast Dustbin is ffs

Personally it's one of two for me. Whenever Bily has played in an attacking mid role he's looked promising, not quick and nimble but he's good with the ball at his feet and one of less than half a dozen of our players that can shoot from outside the box. Cahill hasn't looked himself and as much as every team says he's a danger i fear he is past his prime and should be used as an impact sub from now on.

If our midfield features Bily in a central attacking role then I think he can get some form and maybe stake out a first 11 berth.

However, out wide he has been useless for us, and if that's where Moyes sees him then we need to get rid in january. take whatever we can get and try and get another loan deal for someone like drenthe...highly doubtful but possible all the same.

either way its the same with heitinga, Moyes clearly didn't buy him as a first choice CB even though that's what he is for Holland, and in the same way Johnny spoke out in the media (or at least was claimed to) Bily has as well to try and spark a reaction from the manager.

But the only way he should be doing that is on the training ground. I'll be very interested to see how we line up against wolves. It's unfortunately become an important game to win for us instead of a routine one, and looking at wolves games after us they need a win against us to. I can't see where another one for them will come from in their next 5 games.

if he wants to go he can go, but if he wants to play premier league football he needs to act like a premier league footballer, get his head down and earn a place in the squad.

And another point about him on the wing, he's had 2 years to get with the pace, if he did it in Russia surely he's had enough time to do it here. No sympathy for the out of position argument in that respect. He doesn't lack skill so much as pace, which you can train up to get. Look how fast Dustbin is ffs

I think he's been too professional and kept his head down too long, it's time he started shouting for place. I think Moyes is trying to make him and Johnny more hungry and mould them as Everton players, that or he's doing the school pe teacher and jus picking the noisy kids.

Unfortunately there's very little you can do to improve your pace. Over a 100m someone 2 stone over weight could train and still only be a second quicker. It's all about your fast-twitch muscles which you can train to improve slightly but not much, they're natural.

Edited by pete0

Bily would probably look a very good player in a team like Arsenal and that would be in an advanced central midfield position.

He is no left winger, and if Moyes spent in the region of £9m on him to be a left winger then he needs to take responsibility for blowing that money. I recall clearly that he said he was not a winger when we signed him - that he preffered centre.

Let's look at his attributes and weaknesses - he lacks pace but has an eye for a pass and can absolutely leather it. So why play him on the left? Look at his goals, all coming from the middle - so why not play him behind the striker? It's crazy, moyes would sooner stick with a very much laboured looking cahill who let's be honest brings no threat whatsoever from more than 15 yards out.

Bily would probably look a very good player in a team like Arsenal and that would be in an advanced central midfield position.

He is no left winger, and if Moyes spent in the region of £9m on him to be a left winger then he needs to take responsibility for blowing that money. I recall clearly that he said he was not a winger when we signed him - that he preffered centre.

Let's look at his attributes and weaknesses - he lacks pace but has an eye for a pass and can absolutely leather it. So why play him on the left? Look at his goals, all coming from the middle - so why not play him behind the striker? It's crazy, moyes would sooner stick with a very much laboured looking cahill who let's be honest brings no threat whatsoever from more than 15 yards out.

If Billy is going to play behind a striker then Vellios has to be the centre forward, can't use Saha as he will just drop off leaving Billy the furthest forward, at least Vellios is capable of holding the ball up, use the channels or flick on for someone running through so it depends who plays in front of him maybe?

I actually thought the best bits were when he was in the centre, but you are right it does show he can at least do something on the wing. Im also amazed that this is the same guy, and while I can imagine the russian league would make him look better than the Prem, a lot of the time he is squeezing himself out of tight holes and getting between players, which doesnt really change too much in any league.

The one thing that really caught my eye in those clips, was how often he got the ball and he was facing forward looking to do something, whether it be running at defenders or playing some excuisite passes. most of the time when he gets the ball for us, its with his back to the opposition and looking to lay it off and that looks like it doesnt suit him at all. In them clips you dont see any interaction with Fullbacks or anything like that, it is simply him, making a little run through (or towards) the centre and then playing a pass or having a crack.

I was never overly convinced by the 'best through the centre' arguement but after seeing how he can play, I certainly wouldnt be disagreeing that he would have more to give in this position. I think more importantly though for him, he would thrive playing an advanced central role in a team of quick passing, movement & counter attacks which couldnt be further from the way we play at the moment.

Maybe he should watch the 1st half v Man Utd at Old Trafford last season, and the first half of the same fixture at Goodison a few weeks back and see how absolutely AWFUL he was.

If you want to play more games then you have to perform better.

It was no surprise that you were subbed at half time in both of those games. Tottally out of your depth.

I've always thought he should play in the middle, and I'm basing this solely on pace. It's hard to be a stand-out winger without any pace in today's game. DM liked playing him central in the preseason, not sure why he absolutely just does not want to play him there now.

Look at that video again but don't focus too much on Bily, look at the supporting play and attacking options he has for his trick/quick passes, the other players reading what he might do to continue the attack etc... I think many times his style doesn't work for our team because the other players are standing off still or hanging back to prevent a possible counter..

I'm not saying he's the greatest and it's the fault of dull/crap players surrounding him just pointing out the movement of the team mates surrounding him going forward/attacking, he seems to have to either think too much about the pass because the options aren't there so much or perhaps it is simply too physical for him, can't really tell from those vids, seems like his playing style is not as fluent here at Everton and I think it's somewhat down to our often defensive mindset.

Anyway, I had hoped that Bily would play a bigger role here but it seems unlikely, though that article is probably a load of crap.

that video reminds me how excited i was when we signed him.

he looks slimmer in that video, but i guess he had to bulk up with the style of play here.

either way, i want that one from the video.

I agree... I was happy that Everton signed him as we helped him to get out of that ugly ass red and green shirt.

and for his skills, I still believe that he can make it in the prem and become a great little player. I just hope that its at Everton and not some other club.

Look at that video again but don't focus too much on Bily, look at the supporting play and attacking options he has for his trick/quick passes, the other players reading what he might do to continue the attack etc... I think many times his style doesn't work for our team because the other players are standing off still or hanging back to prevent a possible counter..

I'm not saying he's the greatest and it's the fault of dull/crap players surrounding him just pointing out the movement of the team mates surrounding him going forward/attacking, he seems to have to either think too much about the pass because the options aren't there so much or perhaps it is simply too physical for him, can't really tell from those vids, seems like his playing style is not as fluent here at Everton and I think it's somewhat down to our often defensive mindset.

Anyway, I had hoped that Bily would play a bigger role here but it seems unlikely, though that article is probably a load of crap.

This, I can see Barkley having the same problem as well.

Certainly agree with this... In fact when you look at a lot of our creative players (Bily, Arteta, Drenthe, Saha, and even Baines, Osman & Rodwell) they all look better breaking onto the ball, or playing passes into space ahead of them. Arteta is now starting to grow at Arsenal for that very reason as they attack the space ahead of them as a team rather than the odd one or two trying to get forward.

Movement is pretty much non-existant in this Everton team at the moment, and its probably no surprise that person who at least does try and link the play (Rodwell) is getting MOTM's and Player of the Month.

• 2 weeks later...