IGNORED

Utter Embaressment

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were a disgrace i ended up sitting talking for most of the second half and not paying attention. Sol Campbell and Owen Hargreaves really shouldnt get anywhere near the England squad, they were an embarrassment. When Rooney came off i wasnt surprised to see him pissed off, i think he was more pissed off with his team mates than his own performance. Atleast he showed some passion, the other players looked disinterested

Got to put into perspective though, yes it wasnt the best game BUT we finished top of the group, were through

I too thought cole played well, great goal, overall we were poor, terrible second goal defencively (terrible spelling i know :D )

Hopefully we can get through ecudor (who we should beat, regardless of their form) and then start picking up the flair and the tempo

Keep the faith :)

ok, better performance from the last two games ,but no result, so the performance was pointless.

Hargreves can not be slagged for his performance 2nite, didnt give the ball away, won nearly every tackle, and broke up play very well! i'll stay off his back for now.

typical backham performance, heart on his sleeve, great passing, good work rate, job done.

joe cole - good work lad, great goal

terry - solid as ever, shame about his partners (carra could not pass a ball 2nite)

(im getting close to the crouch part of the team, but ill skip this section)

Rooney should be pissed off - thats the commitment we need, anyone who does not get a game should be pissed off.but i think he was more frustrated with his team mates. good to see Gary Neville tryin to calm him down, must have learnt from phil

and well tone to Stevie G Laa, saved the day

. In Patches was Better.. Solidarity/Organisation . Lost faith in Manager & Perhaps Next. Beckham Losing his Influence. Lampard doesnt do it 4 me.. Ashley Cole frightens.. Crouch is Shiote in the Air. ( Per kroldrop anybody).Rio is 2 Casual.. Theo Walcott Why?. J. Cole +. J. Terry +. S. Tennis Ball Head + . J. Caraiused2beBlue +. Rooney + looks ready to explode & take the Bull By. Still can Win it !!!

Just some observations, or you could say Points or even Bullet's in instances.

Didnt think Beckham was that good, probs because he gets no help from Carragher(deffo not a f/back) never passes forward and moves sideways like a crab when he lines up to kick the ball.!!.

Neville could have done Hargreaves job a bit better, he was only average and still dont know how he gets in the squad.

Defence looked a bit suspect and needs a telling off from the manager.

Only plus for me was Ash and Joe Cole, Steve G, and Rooney.........not saying that he had a good game, just the fact that he didnt break down like Owen, cos then we would be right up the creek without a paddle.

Did Rooney do anything of note yesterday? Cant remember anything special expect for a shot after a good first touch earning a throw in the process.

Not happy to say it but Joe Cola had a fantastic game. Good touches, would be interesting put him on the right for 20 minutes and see if he improves. His assist in Gerrards goal was good. Since he doesnt have a left foot, he isnt able to cross from the left wing.

Crouch had a decent game i thought, covered a lot of ground, held up the ball well and passed it to teammates nicely.

Erm..Lampard was poor. I really thought so, if he hasnt got his shooting boots on, he doesnt look as good as he does for Chelsea.

Carra is not a fullback, simple as. One cant expect him great movement across the byline, Beckham was always going to lack support from him, but he was good defensively and did a decent job on marking Larsson in set piece situations. But the overall defending against set pieces was atrocious.

I still dont think England will win it.

Didnt think Beckham was that good, probs because he gets no help from Carragher(deffo not a f/back) never passes forward and moves sideways like a crab when he lines up to kick the ball.!!.

Neville could have done Hargreaves job a bit better, he was only average and still dont know how he gets in the squad.

Defence looked a bit suspect and needs a telling off from the manager.

Only plus for me was Ash and Joe Cole, Steve G, and Rooney.........not saying that he had a good game, just the fact that he didnt break down like Owen, cos then we would be right up the creek without a paddle.

31591[/snapback]

Isnt that what i just said. ;)

Sol Campbell and Owen Hargreaves really shouldnt get anywhere near the England squad, they were an embarrassment.

31472[/snapback]

I have to disagree: Hargreaves played well last night. He did exactly what he was asked to do, tackled, broke up attacks and worked really hard. He's playing the holding role so he's never going to shine like Gerrard or (sometimes) Lampard do, but I thought his performance last night was solid. I think this is supported by the fact that both Swedish goals came from dead balls, not attacking moves. Hargreaves will always be unsung, but lets give him a break, there are far worse problems in the squad than him - like our inability to deal with set pieces.

I haven't been his biggest fan at all, but I think we would actually look a lot stronger if Lampard was dropped and Gerrard and Hargreaves started in centre mid, it would allow Gerrard to go forwards and cause the problems we all know he can.

Campbell - I take your point. I think when Neville's fit again Carra should partner Terry and Campbell shouldn't be on the pitch.

One more point - DROP BECKHAM, play Lennon instead he's far more creative. Beckham is starting to look like a one trick pony and I haven't been impressed by any of his performances in a long while. OK, so he can hit a long pass but recently even these have been hit and miss, he hasn't scored a free kick in 3 years (!) for England and don't get me started on penalties. We look best when we keep the ball on the ground and actually play (Ashley and Joe Cole's link up play on the left has been superb). Crouch, although I do like him, is not as good in the air as he should be so what's the point in keep firing high balls into the box? Gerrard is a far more inspirational leader than Beckham and can distribute the ball just as well.

Xavier - do one. who cares what you think - are India in this tournament?!?!

Anyway...

Rubbish performance - and please dont waffle on about a decent 1st half. It was poo through out the 90 miuntes. we were poor - a decent 1st half to me is going in 2-0 up like we should do (on paper).

Sweden contained a celtic has been, 2 Everton cast offs and 2 villa cast offs...hardly a difficult game was it...in fact, on paper Paraguay should have been the crunch game in this group...

Rooney still aint sharp but he still managed to put people on the edge of their seats.

Crouch - waste of time - why play the long ball when he either cant head it or is sitting on the half way line 'ready to hold the ball up' - ??? waste of time

Lampard - drop him, he is obviously not finding form and he doesn't look like he is going to either. last night and against T&T he has clear chances to score and hit both shots straight at the respective keepers.

Cole - okay he was the best of a bad bunch - but why wont he pass the fookinball - he reminds me of beagrie - rips a player in two and then goes back round to try again, only to find that there are now two defenders and they tackle him easily...needs coaching.

Ferdinand - did he turn up?

Terry - still solid but his indecisions made me nervous.

Hargreaves - this guy is superb...at ball watching. Sewdish 2nd goal - have a look at the replay. Larsson runs straight past hargreaves, who is standing there waiting to applaud the good play.

Ash Cole - didn't get out of 1st gear.

Carragher - not a RB - despite playing as a wingback for the RS for many a season - there wasa reason they moved him into the middle of defence - he doesn't like leaving his own half - not good for a RB.

Beckham - didnt have the support from his RB - so Swedish players didn't move away from him, allowing him the space he needs. Having said that - if he is the best right winger in the world, he should be able to find space...utter garbage...

Gerrard- as much as I hate to say it, although he played 20mins or so...easily the best player on the park - lampard step aside please....

Robinson - was there a reason for picking him...oh yeah, there is nothing better for miles!

to sum up - apart from a minute or two of magic - utter poo.

Guest Reg Reagan
How can you say that Reg. If it wasn't for Gerrard we would not have got our second goal and on top of that he cleared one of the line.

31600[/snapback]

Simple... He is a Liverpool player

if he played for any other club... i would not have any problems with it

I have to disagree: Hargreaves played well last night. He did exactly what he was asked to do, tackled, broke up attacks and worked really hard. He's playing the holding role so he's never going to shine like Gerrard or (sometimes) Lampard  do, but I thought his performance last night was solid. I think this is supported by the fact that both Swedish goals came from dead balls, not attacking moves. Hargreaves will always be unsung, but lets give him a break, there are far worse problems in the squad than him - like our inability to deal with set pieces.

I haven't been his biggest fan at all, but I think we would actually look a lot stronger if Lampard was dropped and Gerrard and Hargreaves started in centre mid, it would allow Gerrard to go forwards and cause the problems we all know he can.

Campbell - I take your point. I think when Neville's fit again Carra should partner Terry and Campbell shouldn't be on the pitch.

One more point - DROP BECKHAM, play Lennon instead he's far more creative. Beckham is starting to look like a one trick pony and I haven't been impressed by any of his performances in a long while. OK, so he can hit a long pass but recently even these have been hit and miss, he hasn't scored a free kick in 3 years (!) for England and don't get me started on penalties. We look best when we keep the ball on the ground and actually play (Ashley and Joe Cole's link up play on the left has been superb). Crouch, although I do like him, is not as good in the air as he should be so what's the point in keep firing high balls into the box? Gerrard is a far more inspirational leader than Beckham and can distribute the ball just as well.

31602[/snapback]

i agree i think Cambell and hargreves played well

-again Rooney ready for more

Wayne Rooney insists he could have played longer for England but was relieved to be back in the starting line-up against Sweden.

Rooney made it through 69 minutes of Tuesday night's 2-2 draw on his first start after a broken foot.

One point was enough for England to clinch top spot in Group B and set up a first-ever international with Ecuador in the second round on Sunday in Stuttgart.

England were rocked by an injury to Michael Owen in the first minute, though.

Owen was due to have a scan in Baden-Baden on Wednesday amid fears that he has serious ligament damage.

Sven-Goran Eriksson admits the Newcastle striker's World Cup may be over but Rooney's verdict was much more promising as England head into the knock-out rounds.

Rooney, 20, said: "My fitness has never been a problem. I feel really good. I felt I could have played longer.

"It was nice to get back out there playing again. I think we did well in the first half but the tempo dropped a lot in the second.

"Not getting a goal is not a problem. That will come. We are just happy that we came out of it as group winners."

Rooney, starting his first game for more than seven weeks, seemed to be running out of steam but was not happy when he was replaced by Steven Gerrard.

He kicked a water-bottle as he came off, punched the roof of the Perspex dugout and then slung his boots away as he threw himself down on the bench.

Eriksson said: "I asked him why he did it and he said he was disappointed with himself because he thought he should have played better in the second half. It's not a problem at all.

"He could have played longer but it was his first game from the start. I couldn't risk overworking him. He will be better and better."

Rooney's fitness becomes even more crucial if Owen has to be sent home after his scan today.

Eriksson will be left with only three recognised strikers - and one of them is 17-year-old Theo Walcott who has only 25 minutes of international experience and has never played in the Premiership.

The decision of the England boss to leave Jermain Defoe behind at the expense of an extra midfielder looks set to haunt him.

Joe Cole and Gerrard both scored from midfield in last night's draw and Eriksson hopes they can continue to weigh in with important goals.

Cole broke the deadlock with a spectacular dipping shot from 30 yards in the first half.

Marcus Allback levelled soon after the break and Sweden hit the bar twice before Gerrard headed England back in front, five minutes from time.

Henrik Larsson equalised in the last minute but England hung on to win the group and avoid Germany in the next round. Sweden face the hosts in Munich on Saturday.

Eriksson said: "We did very well in the first half. We started badly in the second half and we suffered.

"We have to go on playing and defending better at set-pieces.

"But the most important thing is we won the group. We scored two fantastic goals but it is very annoying to concede two goals."

Rio Ferdinand added to England's injury worries when he came off with a slight groin strain in the 56th minute.

He was replaced by Sol Campbell but Eriksson said it was only precautionary.

Gary Neville was due to have a scan on Wednesday on a calf problem which has kept him out of the last two games.

It is Owen's injury, however, which comes as the biggest blow to England's hopes of winning the World Cup.

The Newcastle striker has 36 goals in his international career and has always been the man to rely upon on the big occasion.

Rooney said: "Losing Michael is a real blow to us. He is a very important player and you always know he will get you a

goal.

"It's a big, big blow to have him injured. Hopefully the scan will be okay. We have our fingers crossed."

heres a simple solution... drop all the liverpools and problems will be solved

31599[/snapback]

31634[/snapback]

Bad points, badly made. :D

31634[/snapback]

Reg I hope that one day you learn that there is more to life than hating liverpool.

I for one cheered when Gerrard scored the goal and would even chant his name if there.

When they put on an England shirt they are not players from Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea they all want to win the world cup or the Euro cup for England.

Which above anything else I am.

Xavier - do one. who cares what you think - are India in this tournament?!?!

31606[/snapback]

Does that make your point more valid than mine? You're a silly billy. Yes you are. Living in your imaginary xenophobic world.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Guest Reg Reagan
Reg I hope that one day you learn that there is more to life than hating liverpool.

I for one cheered when Gerrard scored the goal and would even chant his name if there.

When they put on an England shirt they are not players from Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea they all want to win the world cup or the Euro cup for England.

Which above anything else I am.

31709[/snapback]

look i was cheering and felt very relieved as well when gerrard scored on the 85th minute thinking we have the game sealed