IGNORED

Yobo...

Pat

I would have been a lot happier if Weir had gone - we also have the young lad Mark Hughes who would be be good - although not yet tested in the top flight.

35519[/snapback]

And theres the thing, its a massive step up to the prem and we are seeing more and more clubs giving older experianced players a contract

Good news about joey

ITS ALL POSITIVE AT THE MO

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bitten my tongue on this one for a while, and I think I find myself in the minority.

I don't rate Yobo at all, he has not shown me anything that earmarks him a special player, he dithers when he should clear, he is slow to clear the lines after an attack, he can't pass for sh*t.

I didn't understand all the fuss over a mediocre defender.

ATB

Mac

but then again he can head. he can score (not many CB can do so) he throws himself in front of everything.

if he sticks to what he does best. (heading bal away, tackling, and clearing) he is a good centre back.

35661[/snapback]

I can see where you are coming from mate, but for me the jury is still out until he produces good form for at least five consecutive games.

ATB

Mac

mac dont do it turn away from the light......

LOL

but yobo can look world class one minute then pretty dam bad the next but as said i think when he was playin with wier he was doing a 2 amn job and to be honest i thinkn he was doing it well to keep davey boy (replace boy with old codger) in the team why he was dropped for weir and stubbs is beyond me???????? :blink:

I think Yobo is a confidence player and the fact that the old timers have been keeping him out the side has been holding him back. I think we will see Yobo grow into the player we all hope he can be this year and strike up a solid partnership with Lescott at the heart of the defence for years to come.

Lets just hope Lescott does the business or we could find Stubbs back in the side which in turn will start Moyes thinking about that "solid, experienced partnership" again which is not the way to go.

I think Yobo is a confidence player and the fact that the old timers have been keeping him out the side has been holding him back. I think we will see Yobo grow into the player we all hope he can be this year and strike up a solid partnership with Lescott at the heart of the defence for years to come.

Lets just hope Lescott does the business or we could find Stubbs back in the side which in turn will start Moyes thinking about that "solid, experienced partnership" again which is not the way to go.

35680[/snapback]

What a tw*t I am, I forgot about signing Lescott.

I reserve judgement on Joey and give him a chance to develop a partnership with the new Joey.

ATB

Mac

What a tw*t I am, I forgot about signing Lescott.

I reserve judgement on Joey and give him a chance to develop a partnership with the new Joey.

ATB

Mac

35694[/snapback]

;) i hope so, or we will have weir in there again :blink: lets hope moysie gives them time to gel ;)

i love joey

i think he has a few lapses in concentration but that aside hes brilliant and theres few better in the prem, hes very quick, brilliant in the air, times his tackles well, and is comfortable and skileld on the ball, he's is not a player we could afford to lose in my opinion, who could you replace him with for the money? i can't think of anyone i would rather have

this is great news, but again i'll not celebrate till he's actualyl signed it

Yobo is on Everton website saying that the deal should be done shortly and mainly due to talking to DM which is why he stayed but agreed with DM that he would stay at the end of last season.

Nice to be told.

He will start Yobo and Weir for the first game