IGNORED

Keith Wyness What A Change He Has Made

i would like to thank KW for the change n fortunes for EFC. He has got the Academy up and running and is due for completion next season. The new stadium looks like it will begin in a year or two and the signing of andy Johnson. Wyness has been the unsung hero in the time he has spent at Everton and has really launched us in our quest to become great again.

I agree he seems to be doing a great job especially considering our past budgeting problems but again I would hope that he continues to think of the fans as well as business. Last year we had the Villareal ticketing problem and that problem where a load of season ticket holders lost their seats for more corporate boxes.

I agree, i didnt even know who Keith Wyness was when he came in but he has been superb for the club i just hope he continues to put the rocket up the clubs arse to get things going further

31666[/snapback]

:D hes done a top job ;) long my he continue :) things are on the up ;)

Couldnt agree more Keith and Davey have done a great job, and with reports Mr Tesco is becoming more involved with Everton it seems BK may be turning the club round. Who know Fozzie may even have a few words of praise if things continue like this!!

I for one, think that the stadium is a bad idea look the way city have ended up. extend Goodison is the best idea. We are a traditional club an Goodison is our home i cant be arsed with all them face painted drum banging jokes to appear just because we have a new fancy ground. what i say if i was in charge i would bring back the old days and watch football properly by standing up at games and bring the good old atsmosphere back :rolleyes:

I for one, think that the stadium is a bad idea look the way city have ended up. extend Goodison is the best idea. We are a traditional club an Goodison is our home i cant be arsed with all them face painted drum banging jokes to appear just because we have a new fancy ground. what i say if i was in charge i would bring back the old days and watch football properly by standing up at games and bring the good old atsmosphere back :rolleyes:

32475[/snapback]

I wish but its never gona happen so we have to take the best option

what does "look the way city have ended up" mean?

they arent exactly on the slippery slope.

they have an excellent new stadium, and i dont know what the talk of it having no atmosphere is all about. they still had atmosphere when i was there, and the facilities are superb. just because the stadium hasnt aged 100 years does not make it a lesser home. remember, one day Goodison was a new ground and people were upset about leaving anfield. one day Goodison was the new state of the art stadium, all the first advances in stadiums were always at Goodison, but these days are gone, we need to catch up!

Football is dead now a days mate. compared to what it used to be :(

32482[/snapback]

Would like to improve Goodison but would probably cost as much as a new stadium. Apart from the Park End, every side needs major development and due to the surroundings, the Park End is probably the only end that could be extended.

I think we do need a new stadium but it worries me that the team will suffer the consequences financially. Hopefully KW, who i agree is doing a great job, can pull another rabbit out of a hat and deliver a freebee on the back of the tesco development.

Anyhoo this thread is about Big Keith not the ground so can I say Well Done Bully!

p.s. would be great to go back to terraces if I was 17 again but kinda used to me comfy seat and half time Bovril these days.

Would like to improve Goodison but would probably cost as much as a new stadium. Apart from the Park End, every side needs major development and due to the surroundings, the Park End is probably the only end that could be extended.

I think we do need a new stadium but it worries me that the team will suffer the consequences financially. Hopefully KW, who i agree is doing a great job, can pull another rabbit out of a hat and deliver a freebee on the back of the tesco development.

Anyhoo this thread is about Big Keith not the ground so can I say Well Done Bully!

p.s. would be great to go back to terraces if I was 17 again but kinda used to me comfy seat and half time Bovril these days.

32489[/snapback]

:( standing, never again my friend :(

32489[/snapback]

3 years ago we could have rebuilt Goodison for approx 36m and it would have been finished this winter

3 years ago we could have rebuilt Goodison for approx 36m and it would have been finished this winter

32620[/snapback]

Granted but the cost of building work has doubled if not tripled since then as the shi te are finding out.

My point was though that due to the surroundings, the only way to extend Goodison would be to move the pitch nearer Stanley Park and as you say 'rebuild' the 4 sides. This is a lot of work and would mean us playing somewhere else (Anfield?) for those three years.

I'm not trying to put a downer on anyone's suggestions because personally I would like to stay at Goodison but am resigned to a new ground being the more practical if costlier option.

it would not mean moving to another ground while rebuilding takes place, ive posted this link a million times now

http://www.toffeeweb.com/club/Goodison/gfe/

but by now, as you say, costs have risen. and probably the only feasable solution is moving away

32773[/snapback]

I backed KW up this time last year when people were shooting him down.

His plan was to raise the fan base, raise the spend per fant o £70 and put us in the same financial league as the Tottenhams of this world. He stated that aberdeen had a bigger fan base than us and that is outrageous.

He set out his stall and he met his targets - in most cases, exceeded his targets (he has started on his next set now - the academy etc.)

He managed to release £25m last year for players and has released money this year for Moyes to be able to dabble in the market.

He has brought out a new home shirt, as promised each year, to raise revenue until the club is properly back on its feet and he has kept in touch with fans - making more appearances on the website and ensuring that EFC news gets on to the official website fast.

He has also invested heavily in communications - the website is easily the best official website out of all of the clubs in the premiership and probably further a field.

We are starting to look like a brand name now and more and more people are wearing the blue colours - Iwas in london about a month ago and when I got on the tube, I counted over 10 Everton shirts - on people from all sorts of different backgrounds - so his message is reaching everyone who is prepared to listen - and to some who dont want to listen!

He keeps in touch with the fan sites and last year BorntobeBlue was featured in one of the matchday programs.

He has done a fantastic job up to now and has started to restore this club to its former glory - he is still way off the mark but he is getting their.

I said this last year and i will say it again, with hi and Harvey Smith in charge of the finances, the club is taking steps in the right direction...just hope that the team performances are as good. B)

I backed KW up this time last year when people were shooting him down.

His plan was to raise the fan base, raise the spend per fant o £70 and put us in the same financial league as the Tottenhams of this world. He stated that aberdeen had a bigger fan base than us and that is outrageous.

He set out his stall and he met his targets - in most cases, exceeded his targets (he has started on his next set now - the academy etc.)

He managed to release £25m last year for players and has released money this year for Moyes to be able to dabble in the market.

He has brought out a new home shirt, as promised each year, to raise revenue until the club is properly back on its feet and he has kept in touch with fans - making more appearances on the website and ensuring that EFC news gets on to the official website fast.

He has also invested heavily in communications - the website is easily the best official website out of all of the clubs in the premiership and probably further a field.

We are starting to look like a brand name now and more and more people are wearing the blue colours - Iwas in london about a month ago and when I got on the tube, I counted over 10 Everton shirts - on people from all sorts of different backgrounds - so his message is reaching everyone who is prepared to listen - and to some who dont want to listen!

He keeps in touch with the fan sites and last year BorntobeBlue was featured in one of the matchday programs.

He has done a fantastic job up to now and has started to restore this club to its former glory - he is still way off the mark but he is getting their.

I said this last year and i will say it again, with hi and Harvey Smith in charge of the finances, the club is taking steps in the right direction...just hope that the team performances are as good. B)

33458[/snapback]

:D could not agree more with you rowlo top post ;)

Guest fozzie22

This thread has left me flabbergasted i really dont know what to say...

Yes i do but i will post my rebuke to this nonsense later on