IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

in my response to matt i cover that, i don't want a focal point to the attack. makes it too easy to snuff out and problematic when injuries/cold patches happen. When Pelle was out their attack was limp, if the other sides plan was to negate Pelle, they were screwed. no thanks.

If everyone shared that opinion there would have been no Pele's Shearer's Osgood's Charlton's and Hughes of this world the list is endless, a out and out striker isn't a negative to a team it's a positive, and doesn't mean you have to play the long ball or aerial ball.

At last.

Get him in. Get him fit. Let the fans see what he brings...no idea how he'll fit into the team or who is going to be left out but it's another option.

He was always coming to be fair, so it's nothing new and is a bit flat.

I'm more wondering about who the striker and defender are going to be.

At last.

Get him in. Get him fit. Let the fans see what he brings...no idea how he'll fit into the team or who is going to be left out but it's another option.

He was always coming to be fair, so it's nothing new and is a bit flat.

I'm more wondering about who the striker and defender are going to be.

my guess

Pickford

Martina Keane Williams Baines

Klaassen Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Rooney Gylfi

Joyce seems to think 40m.

So I'd believe its 40 plus add-ons. If 2.5m is being said the overall fee is nowhere near what I thought it'd be (£50m)

Maybe we played hard ball and won. Maybe the tabliods were full of shit.

Either way thank God all that shit is over.

Edited by AidanLewis

Pat Nevin...

"I think he's a fabulous player. Yes, it's a stupid amount of money. But if he goes and gets you into the Champions League, well that will not seem like a daft amount of money.
"There's a few of us out there that think this guy's extra special and can give you that one thing, that one piece of class that you need to make yourself different from the rest.
"Sigurdsson gets a game wherever he goes and looks perfectly good in any team you put him in, he's a fabulous player and I think he single-handedly kept his club up last season."

my guess

Pickford

Martina Keane Williams Baines

Klaassen Schneiderlin Gana

Sandro Rooney Gylfi

Yeah. Ok. Quite a versatile line up. Plenty can be interchanged there.

We'd have belting options on the bench too.

My main concern about our business so far, and therefore the line up options, is how many naturally central players we have.

The only width comes from an ageing, although still class, left back and a average Joe at right back.

It's either going to be overly congested in the middle or non natural wide men having to go....wide!

We'll see how it pans out though.

Maybe Sandro will be rotated more often this season. Maybe Rooney will be played in place for Klaassen at times, behind the striker. Maybe RK doesn't have plans to play Gana and Morgan together too often.

Who knows? I have no fucking clue. Be even more confusing when Yana comes back to full fitness.

Maybe Sandro will be rotated more often this season. Maybe Rooney will be played in place for Klaassen at times, behind the striker. Maybe RK doesn't have plans to play Gana and Morgan together too often.

Who knows? I have no fucking clue. Be even more confusing when Yana comes back to full fitness.

Good problems to have over a long season. We need options, we need flexibility, we need to keep players motivated with top quality players ready to take their place the moment their performance drops.