IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

some interesting opportunities....

1. Gylfi corners for Keane headers

2. Rooney and Sandro winning free kicks..... already they seem to be getting fouled a fair bit. Prime opportunity for Gylfi

3. Shooting from distance - who does this for us at the moment? Barkley used to but messed about too much before pulling trigger

some interesting opportunities....

1. Gylfi corners for Keane headers

2. Rooney and Sandro winning free kicks..... already they seem to be getting fouled a fair bit. Prime opportunity for Gylfi

3. Shooting from distance - who does this for us at the moment? Barkley used to but messed about too much before pulling trigger

This is presuming that Gylfi takes corners and freekicks. I expect he will but it's not guaranteed when you have the set piece takers we have.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on shots from distance as I don't remember him scoring many.

koeman at the presser

"we worked a long time to get this deal in, he was one of the key players to bring in"

"we will lose lukaku for the season and we need players who will bring in productivity to the team, we lost lukaku 25 goals, we need more players than 1 to get the goals, he's that type of player with that prodcutivity and he knows the premier league. in my opinion he's one of the best in the league at his position"

Going to admit. I just haven't saw him enough to be able to make a proper judgement.

Praying he is our missing piece.

Watched a few vids of him today.

He does seem to enjoy a shot from distance.

His free kicks seem to generally be right on the corners.

Much more of a hard worker than I realised.

Looking forward to seeing him in blue.

Oh, and his middle names Thor... how cool is that haha!

Edited by Shukes

“I’m really happy because the Board and especially our Chairman, Bill Kenwright, did everything to get him. It took some time but finally we have signed the player,” Koeman told evertonTV

thought that was interesting. high praise from everyone recently for Bill K.

welcome gylfi i can't wait to see you play in Blue :)

Edited by markjazzbassist

Not quite, first Icelander to ever play for our first team, assuming he does :).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjarni_Vi%C3%B0arsson

Unlikely admittedly that he'll have a similar outcome :P.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but his wiki page says he did make one senior appearance, so the only first for Gylfi will be first Icelander to play in the top-flight of English competition for Everton, which sounds marginally less impressive.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but his wiki page says he did make one senior appearance, so the only first for Gylfi will be first Icelander to play in the top-flight of English competition for Everton, which sounds marginally less impressive.

Good spot, the AZ away game when we'd already qualified from the UEFA group (and still beat them)..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7145803.stm