47 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree Haf, but when he’s ready to leave Villa he won’t becoming to us, he’ll be going to Liverpool City United Chelsea or Spurs. 
Unfortunately it’s still going to be a few more years before we become the place of choice for these sort after players. 

Our only chance to get a player like him is to finish in the top four. If we could do that I think we could get him. Would be big big money though. I’d expect upwards of £85m for Villa to even consider it. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think he’s the whipping boy I just think he deserves Critism just like everybody else. As our most expensive player he has needed to do more and create more. On Sunday he did that. Was it the

I think that is as good as I have seen him play for a long time. He was the one player with that little bit of quality and I am he was the one to slot it away.

Best player for us so far this campaign. Would have been nice to see him in his natural position for the last... well... since we bought him.

Posted Images

Seems like since our last conversation on here about Grealish.... people have actually watched him now haha. 
Still hard to believe people were saying he is over rated. 

Tupe of player and energy that could turn us into actual title contenders, not just top four. But his chairman would have already had the Richarlison conversation with him.... give us another year and you will be able to choose your team.

• 2 weeks later...

Sig has been much better of late but was anonymous in a good team performance last night.

26 touches  (Gomes had the same in the 30 minutes he played)

dispossessed twice, lost it once due to bad control

made one interception

1 key pass and 1 decent cross in his 17 passes at just 82% accuracy. 

I know it's not all about stats but I had to take a look just to confirm I hadn't missed him contributing something to the game!  Looked pretty pissed off when he came off too, hopefully narked with his own performance rather than being removed!

3 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

Sig has been much better of late but was anonymous in a good team performance last night.

made one interception

I know it's not all about stats but I had to take a look just to confirm I hadn't missed him contributing something to the game!  Looked pretty pissed off when he came off too, hopefully narked with his own performance rather than being removed!

I genuinely don't think he played badly at all. He was never going to touch the ball much with the position he was playing to be honest, so I'm not surprised or annoyed by any of those stats you mention really.

He was up there because he's quite tall so there was a chance he might win a couple of headers if we went long, and he was to chase down the Wolves defenders when they passed it around at the back.

It wasn't a pretty showing from him but it wasn't bad either. I think he did what had been asked of him.

One thing it did show was our lack of depth up top. 
Yes we came away with a win, and that’s great. But we could play that game again and get a totally different result. 

For long periods, we just kept the ball at the back, because as soon as we moved it forward we lost it. We won the game through two moments of magic. 

I mentioned in the MoM thread, that no one stood out at all. No one was bad either, but it was a strange game, and one I wouldn’t want to see is set up the same again.

4 hours ago, FairWooney said:

made one interception

DCL v West Ham (79 Mins)

31 touches

4 losses of possession

1 Interception

0 key passes

21 passes with a 66.7% accuracy.

DCL v Sheff Utd (90 Mins)

39 touches

3 losses of possession

0 interceptions

1 key pass

24 passes with an accuracy of 75%

DCL v Man Utd (90 Mins)

31 touches

5 losses of possession

0 interceptions

0 key passes

21 passes with an accuracy of 71.54%

This suggests that from a statistical point of view that he performed as adeptly as DCL in the metrics you have quoted.

I also think he performed well enough given the circumstances but at the same time, it was nothing to write home about. As StevO says, he did a job for the team.

I think he played ok, but there was a lot of arms in the air moments from him, which was the result of bad control or bad first touch. 
He may have touched the ball the same amount of times as DCL would on that position, but he was around 10% as affective at holding the ball up there for us. 

now don’t get me wrong, DCLs strength is his hold up play. So it’s unfair a comparison. 
But there was a huge difference, and Gylfi felt this.... you could see his frustration.