IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

Swansea are holding out for £40m. If that's our low ball offer then I can see us getting a deal in the middle somewhere.

If we do secure the Sigurdsson deal then that surely spells doom for Barkley's Everton career.

Ye I can see him going for little over what we pay for Sigurdson.

I hope we don't spunk millions on him, we'll be doing a Villa under MON buying on form rather than quality, and from teams below us which doesn't work. City and Chelsea done it by gazumping the teams above them.

I'd rather we done it using clever scouting and getting value. E.g Piatti got 10 goals and 11 assists and just went for £1m. We should have been all over that. Steve Walsh needs to pull his finger out.

In-depth comparison analysis between him and Ross put them almost identical in all areas bar deadball situations.

For £30m, there's better, younger options out there imo.

I agree there are bound to be other options but non of which are proven in this league

Edited by EFC-Paul

In-depth comparison analysis between him and Ross put them almost identical in all areas bar deadball situations.

Completely agree.

Can anyone find out how many goals and assists he gets from open play?

This is where I struggle.

What's the point in selling Ross and replacing him with ... well Ross?

There is a story on the BBC website about them wanting at least £40m we really need to swerve this imo, no way is he worth that sort of money, £30m is plenty for Gylfi.

yes, the old team bill would offer the 27m like he did, and then say oh 40 is what you wanted, ok. i like this new team, working their way slowly up to the mark and testing their resolve. apparently our buy of Sandro means their sale of Borja to malaga to replace him. So maybe we can use that as leverage.

Simply put.... if he offers us a reliable "you know where this is going" player.... in the sense that we had with Gerry annoyingly enough... from a central player perspective and we get forwards in who can make and read required runs then it will be a snip.

Barkley is almost certainly gone. The £30m bid plus klassen says it all.