IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

_0YfK9k6_normal.jpgThe 4th Official

Verified account @Official_T4O 2h2 hours ago

More

It's DONE! Sources are telling us that Swansea have accepted a £31.8m (+ add ons) offer from Everton for Gylfi Sigurdsson. #EFC #swans

22 replies210 retweets267 likes

Reply 22

Retweet 210

Like 267

How reliable this is another matter given its 4th official.

It's not actually "fourth official" btw

I just can't figure what formation we are going to play. Too many midfielders, too short of quality wingers. Rooney, Barkley, Sigurdsson, Davy... all of them are playing at their best behind the striker. Surely all of them except Rooney can play deeper, but there we have Gana, Morgan, Davies, Barry and some forgotten names like Besic and McCarthy. We need to offload three midfielders as we don't need so many, and sign one quality winger preferably playing on the right, as we currently have - Sandro, Bolasie, Lennon and Lookman, but surely we need to improve in that area. And we need a new number 9 of course.

Edited by Haiku

I just can't figure what formation we are going to play. Too many midfielders, too short of quality wingers. Rooney, Barkley, Sigurdsson, Davy... all of them are playing at their best behind the striker. Surely all of them except Rooney can play deeper, but there we have Gana, Morgan, Davies, Barry and some forgotten names like Besic and McCarthy. We need to offload three midfielders as we don't need so many, and sign one quality winger preferably playing on the right, as we currently have - Sandro, Bolasie, Lennon and Lookman, but surely we need to improve in that area. And we need a new number 9 of course.

I have this same fear. I do think Lookman and Sandro are probably overlooked and underrated for their capabilities on the wing, but this still leaves massive overcrowding in midfield. Several of those players CAN play across a front three, but they don't exactly inspire attacking confidence (i.e. poaching goals). We definitely need to offload Barry and McCarthy, take the money and invest in someone with good attacking quality from the wing. That will leave Schneiderlin, Gana, Davies, Klaasen, Besic and Barkley who could all play from those two deep-lying mid-positions, and that seems like more than enough with Europe ahead.

We're in 4 competitions, there will be injuries and suspensions. With the depth we're getting, it will mean we don't have to change shape / stick someone into a position they're not used too. Plus, competition for starting will be more intense (though I fear it may stifle the youths chances).

My only concern is getting all these numbers knitted.

Swansea claiming "We won't be bullied" and now upped the price to £50m.

Do we think this is in light of a certain transfer away from the club?

£30m, I'm not overly keen on him, for £50m he's nowhere near worth that.

Keep going back to it. If Ruben Neves is worth £16m, Sig isn't worth that.

Swansea claiming "We won't be bullied" and now upped the price to £50m.

Do we think this is in light of a certain transfer away from the club?

£30m, I'm not overly keen on him, for £50m he's nowhere near worth that.

Keep going back to it. If Ruben Neves is worth £16m, Sig isn't worth that.

£30m for me was the max I thought, and I highly rate him. £50m is silly.

2 mil plus Barkley is a bad deal. Hopefully no truth to that

Don't know why you would think that Peter, Barkley Is into the last year of his contract, nobodys going to pay more than that for him.

They value siggy at at £35 although we offered £32, so any deal thats done for siggy plus two mill makes Barkley £30m, a very good return for somebody in the last year of their contract.

Don't know why you would think that Peter, Barkley Is into the last year of his contract, nobodys going to pay more than that for him.

They value siggy at at £35 although we offered £32, so any deal thats done for siggy plus two mill makes Barkley £30m, a very good return for somebody in the last year of their contract.

Actually a fair point.

So you believe the SSN statement over anyone elses. ??

what over a random website? You're damn right I do. Sky sources are usually connected to the clubs. Alan Myers has been the best recently for our news and low and behold he works for Sky.

Yes, because like you they want to believe it, and they are just copying SSN.

Haha. Want to believe it??? Why would I want to believe it? Why does it appear to matter so much to you what we do/don't believe considering its all mostly hear say??? It's just another topic of conversation.

You're not about to go all wobble headed again are you? Like we seen with Sandro?!!!