IGNORED

Georginio Wijnaldum

I agree. For me an effective number 10 has much different attributes to a winger. I want my wingers to be quick and direct where as I want a number 10 to be a bit more intelligent, good movement, spatial awareness, vision and technically good. This is what I would be looking for in a good number 10. Therefore, in my opinion, playing a winger there I.e Mirallas, Mertens, Deulofeu is fine for the odd game (away from home on the counter attack) but it's not the answer to our problem as they haven't got the attributes I mentioned to excel in the position. We want someone to link up with Lukaku threading passes through to him that he can run on to. I'm sure there's a player out there for us but none the wiser as to who that is!

It's definitely a silva/fabregas type player. However they're out of our bracket. We do manage to punch above our weight in terms of ability from time to time but it's usually players who are deemed just not good enough for the elite. I can imagine we'll get an exciting little playmaker in.

• 10 months later...

Interesting thing about him: according to WhoScored he played 14 times as CAM and 11 times as ML and at least according to stats he was better in the latter position. So maybe he could be the LM who can play CAM we need? He also scored 6 goals from the wide position against just three centrally.

• 3 weeks later...

I've clearly missed something here, because he's never worth £25

Surly a club what have been relegated can't expect him to want to stay, which is what will happen if they slap that price on him. I'd be very unhappy as him or his agent.

• 3 weeks later...