IGNORED

John Lundstram

That is not the managers decision, its down to the medical staff and the player himself to say if he is fit enough to be playing

I'd imagine he'd never have been given another opportunity to play if he told Moyes no. Moyes is advised by the medical team, but it was clear for all to see Rodwell shouldn't have been on the pitch and at the end of the day it is Moyes' responsibility solely, that's why he gets paid so much. He ruined Golsing's career yelling at him to stay on the pitch.

Edited by pete0

Lol I can remember Moyes getting absolutely slated for playing Rooney in midfield, then 2 years later Sir Alex does exactly the same thing and is declaired a tactical genius

I dony know how much of Rooney on the wing you have seen but whenever I have seen him play there he has been awful and not been involved. I have no idea why any manager would play him wide tbh.

Edited by Bailey

Rodwell was only used a couple of times at right mid in my memory - I was at every home game during his time at GP and can only remember him starting there once?! Arguably Moyes improved him by playing him centre mid which was technically out of position for the young prospect who started life as a centre back. Didn't Hibbert start life at right mid too? If there's going to be criticism for Moyes playing players out of position then surely there must be praise too?

I only remember him being on the right a couple of times as well tbh.

Even now Im still not sure where Rodwell ia best. Never looked like a CB, maybe a DM but Im not sure he is your typical CM. His best games for us came when he was allowed to break forward. Never a RM though!

Getting rave reviews on one of the donny rovers forums, apperently bossed the game last night:

http://www.drfc-vsc....?topic=237765.0

"Was at the game tonight, he started off pretty nervy, first 10 minutes he gave it away a bit and looked a bit wayward but he was always in space, which is good - it shows even when he's playing badly he'll offer us something. After that he grew into the game and in the 2nd half completely ran the show in midfield, he was everywhere. He is that Richie Wellens type midfielder who we've been crying for, he has it all. Some of his passing was out of this world, purely world class stuff that nobody else in the squad can do, diagonal balls from halfway, cross field balls, through passes down the middle. No fecking way will he be in L1 next season, even at this early stage in his career his technique is unreal."

Edited by BoroBlue

Getting rave reviews on one of the donny rovers forums, apperently bossed the game last night:

http://www.drfc-vsc....?topic=237765.0

"Was at the game tonight, he started off pretty nervy, first 10 minutes he gave it away a bit and looked a bit wayward but he was always in space, which is good - it shows even when he's playing badly he'll offer us something. After that he grew into the game and in the 2nd half completely ran the show in midfield, he was everywhere. He is that Richie Wellens type midfielder who we've been crying for, he has it all. Some of his passing was out of this world, purely world class stuff that nobody else in the squad can do, diagonal balls from halfway, cross field balls, through passes down the middle. No fecking way will he be in L1 next season, even at this early stage in his career his technique is unreal."

Sounds promising.

Good to see him having such an impact. Only just turned 19, still Fabregas was running the arsenal midfield at that age - so its not unrealistic to hope that in the next 12 months he has the potential to get some senior game time. I'm not saying being fabregas is just somethging that happens but you look at the likes of Wilshire who is pretty much spot on 2 years his senior and know he is at a stage where he really needs to try and stake a claim.

Moyesy does like to give youth a chance...

This young lad has had a real good last two years. He has moved forward at a good pace and is looking like he will become a solid premier league player. the next 12 months will show if he is to become a top class player.

But what i have saw of him looks very promising. Watching him play for Eu19's and control the game when everyone was busy watching Barkley realy made me look up and notice this guy. I remember watching a you tube vid of him that was a great showcase for a young lad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Gone on loan to Yeovil.

hmmm... No disrepect to Yeovil, but I've got high hopes for this lad, as have many an Everton fan I think, and really wanted him to get time in the Championship. Hoping he will be playing alongside McCarthy in 2-3 seasons time, maybe sooner if we can't get Barry next season (only wages stopping us I think, can't see City offering him a new contract)

Edit: my bad, Yeovil were promoted last season apparently! Apologies to any visiting Yeovil fans! Though not for long if their results remain the same :unsure:

Edited by Matt