IGNORED

The Connection Between....

The Beard

What is the connection between the following:

One was in the Royal Air Force, the other was in the Navy.

One was educated in Eton then Wellington college, the other Eton then Switzerland.

One had a single daughter, the other a single son.

One was an actor, the other an author.

One starred in a movie that came from a book written by the other.

Who are the two people and what is their connection?

MMMMM Did you google Mike. ;)

Only to check the facts once I'd had the idea...and for the relationship between them which I had no idea about.

According to Wikipedia Lee didn't go to Eton btw...failed scholarship interview according to "them."

Although his own site says he did go so you'd think he'd know :unsure: .

It was just the way the question was phrased, I assume they are brothers but I really don't know to be honest... And I do refuse to google.

I see from the earlier post one of them is called Lee. Is that a first name or a second one?

Sammy Lee (fat and round) doesn't fit any of the clues.

Only thing that comes to mind is Christopher Lee.

Gawd I am totally stuck here.

It was just the way the question was phrased, I assume they are brothers but I really don't know to be honest... And I do refuse to google.

I see from the earlier post one of them is called Lee. Is that a first name or a second one?

Sammy Lee (fat and round) doesn't fit any of the clues.

Only thing that comes to mind is Christopher Lee.

Gawd I am totally stuck here.

Christopher Lee is correct Rubes.

Whoa just suddenly thought.

Christopher Lee is the actor bit. He was in a lot of films (Is he still alive by the way?)

So I was having a think. Bram Stoker could have been the author as he wrote Dracula, but I seriously doubt he did service with the Navy or Air Force. Only other thing I can actually come up with is the Man with The Golden Gun. That's a James bond story. And that was written by Eric (Ian?) Fleming. Well one of the Flemings anyway.

Is that right? And please can someone scoop up my brains as they have leaked out of my ears over this one..... :lol:

Can I have another clue if it is wrong though. I am enjoying the thinking on this one.

We shall put Rubes out of his misery. Christopher Lee was the first person the other was Ian Fleming. Lee did star in The Man with the Golden Gun, which of course Fleming wrote and the two are cousins. Well done Rubes for patience, tolerance and the will to have a go. :D