IGNORED

What The Hell?

guys, the new topic section and shoutbox seem to have disappeared (along with all the users, im bored and theres noone to debate with!). Oh and my profile pic is gone and wont go back on. Tried loggin in and out. Also, some info missing under the avatar, just favourite player though i think

you doing a facebook on us, not informing of change? :P

Edited by galacticaracnid

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, the new topic section and shoutbox seem to have disappeared (along with all the users, im bored and theres noone to debate with!). Oh and my profile pic is gone and wont go back on. Tried loggin in and out. Also, some info missing under the avatar, just favourite player though i think

you doing a facebook on us, not informing of change? :P

Maybe should have explained up front :) .

Because of the problems with the site crashing due to high usage (still not completely resolved but should be very soon) we decided to put it into what's called "performance mode" for the duration of the game and for a while after. How it works...

"If you receive a sudden influx of traffic, you can use this feature to address the spike in activity quickly. ..disable many of the slightly more resource intensive features of the site that are not fully critical to the site's operation. Examples include private conversations and searching."

Seems to have worked because we made it through the day in one piece :) .

Be back to normal in a bit.

Maybe should have explained up front :) .

Because of the problems with the site crashing due to high usage (still not completely resolved but should be very soon) we decided to put it into what's called "performance mode" for the duration of the game and for a while after. How it works...

"If you receive a sudden influx of traffic, you can use this feature to address the spike in activity quickly. ..disable many of the slightly more resource intensive features of the site that are not fully critical to the site's operation. Examples include private conversations and searching."

Seems to have worked because we made it through the day in one piece :) .

Be back to normal in a bit.

aaaah, thats a very good idea!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else having trouble with the "remember me" function not remembering you when logging in? Ive had to log in twice so far today. Not a big deal but a little irritating....

Happens to me also from time to time...seemingly random. Don't know why :( .

Oh! had an idea! Is it possible to have an optional 'preview' button as well as post? This way we would be able to see how it would look if its posted and make any corrections before actually posting. Just a thought....

If you use "Add reply" instead of using the fast reply box you get the preview option. Or, if you use the fast reply and want a preview, click "use full editor" and again it'll give you the option :) .

right, next one boys! using FF and shoutbox often has "nopermissionnopermissionnopermissionnopermission" along the top. Anything that was in the box to shout is lost. Getting a tad annoyin that....

apologies for all the complaints, but i am a system tester!

Edited by galacticaracnid

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just seen that on the wbazone.com site that you get a warning when posting on a thread if another reply has been made during the time you were writing yours. Nice touch that...

Another (non-football related) forum that I use has the same thing....different template to ours though (Simple Machines Forum,same as the WBA one I see) so I don't know if it's possible with our software.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Just a thought.... At work if we want to open up a system complaint we are forced to make a search with a keyword before we can create a new complaint, to make sure it hasnt been opened before by someone else etc. Could it be possible here too? Its a pain in the ass but on here it would force people to actually look for existing threads first....

Just a thought.... At work if we want to open up a system complaint we are forced to make a search with a keyword before we can create a new complaint, to make sure it hasnt been opened before by someone else etc. Could it be possible here too? Its a pain in the ass but on here it would force people to actually look for existing threads first....

You've noticed my "slight" annoyance then? :lol: