IGNORED

July 2011 - Design changes feedback

rubecula

Would probably conform a bit better like this Rubes, still a bit on the big side but maybe just passable.

COYB - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - The Golden Vision - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - COYB

319X192.jpg315X186.jpg

Perfect Bill I like it. I really really like it

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The arcade will be up within the week, there's nothing I can do about it until the new version (due this week). There's a problem with the script, it's a beta version so bugs were expected. As soon as it comes out, we'll have it.

Just some of the remarks i've noted about the site, not only from me but from other posters ....

Its Narrow

Report button under the posts

Search box invisible

Needs a tiny splash of colour

Black bar across the top

wrong box to post a reply

No separation between pinned topics (looks messy)

Whole sections missing

Nothing seems to work "under the bonnet" Admin CP.

No use you saying "theres nothing i can do about it" louis, I never heard one poster moan about the forum, nobody ever made a complaint about something not working. So why the hell did you change it to something not nearly as good. ???dont know.gifdont know.gif

Bill I have changed the avatar pic again, this time it should show Grandpa Simpson. Not meant to be permanent I just wanted to see if it would actually stay changed. Let me know what you see when you read this post so I will know. Hopefully after I logout and log in again it will still be the same.

If not please put your fingers in your ear as you will hear the swearing from where you live without need of the computer.laugh.png

There is definitely a difference between using Chrome and using Internet Explorer.

One thing some of you might want to try is to press the compatability option at the top of your page, which is useful if you have a new browser on an older website. It's the thing that looks like a torn piece of paper at the top of your screen, or you can get to it by pressing tools, top right of your screen.

On explorer, I notice the following:

Starting from the shortcut is often slow.

Pressing links freezes the site and it takes a long time for the link to work.

Normal right click copy and paste options don't work when creating a post.

Deleting or rather editing is very slow.

I often have to repost, as it just says 'saving' if I have spent a few minutes.

Using Chrome, the copy and paste is ok. My explorer is the newset one that I'm aware of, so there could be a few compatability issues.

I've not tested the other things yet in Chrome.

Just some of the remarks i've noted about the site, not only from me but from other posters ....

Its Narrow

Report button under the posts

Search box invisible

Needs a tiny splash of colour

Black bar across the top

wrong box to post a reply

No separation between pinned topics (looks messy)

Whole sections missing

Nothing seems to work "under the bonnet" Admin CP.

No use you saying "theres nothing i can do about it" louis, I never heard one poster moan about the forum, nobody ever made a complaint about something not working. So why the hell did you change it to something not nearly as good. ???dont%20know.gifdont%20know.gif

Search bar overlapping the EFC Shop link too....

When I'm editing a post, it seems that each time i go back to edit a bit more, the post has moved down the page, and the space between lines has increased.

I noticing it more because i am in the process of sorting out a "speaking to the enemy" article for the Matchday topic, and i am forever having to bring the post up the page, and close the gap between each line of text.

Has anybody else come across a problem, or dont you edit your posts. ??

Finding it very difficult to post using IE now.

Posts have to be submitted several times, and smilies don't work until after a few goes. Constantly get an 'Internet Explorer has stopped working sign' upon joining the forum.

Will try Chrome, but IE is by far the most common search engine.

When I'm editing a post, it seems that each time i go back to edit a bit more, the post has moved down the page, and the space between lines has increased.

I noticing it more because i am in the process of sorting out a "speaking to the enemy" article for the Matchday topic, and i am forever having to bring the post up the page, and close the gap between each line of text.

Has anybody else come across a problem, or dont you edit your posts. ??

I don't edit that often to be honest, usually I don't think it is necessary, although now that you mention it, I think it happens to me as well. I thought it was just me posting badly or something.

any news on the Arcade? - can't wait, especially if there is a high score table, very retro

Posted 28 Jul 2011 - 11:14 by Louis

"The arcade will be up within the week, there's nothing I can do about it until the new version (due this week). There's a problem with the script, it's a beta version so bugs were expected. As soon as it comes out, we'll have it".

Finding it very difficult to post using IE now.

Posts have to be submitted several times, and smilies don't work until after a few goes. Constantly get an 'Internet Explorer has stopped working sign' upon joining the forum.

Will try Chrome, but IE is by far the most common search engine.

I spend most of the Day deleting double or treble posts, and when you click on "Show all", the smilies box opens up over half your message so you cant see where to put the curser.

Actually this forum looks a mess, we have "Polls" and "Pinned" in green, "Hot topics" in red, and all those silly little avatar pictures in black and white at the end of each thread. Similar with the avatars and profile problems, most dont have a picture at all.

And a lot of other things dont seems to work very well either.

things are only on top of each other when i use my mums netbook as it has a short resolution. 10" screen.

but when i use anything bigger with a decent resolution there is no over lap of anything and it all looks smooth.

im pretty sure all the little things mentioned above will be sorted out.

the last time we had an update to the theme it took while to go through and change and tweek things.

Louis is only one man, gunna take him a while yet im sure.

did evertonfc.com need to be changed every 12 months? nope. did windows xp need replacing? nope. got to progress bill, times change. there is more technology in the new update than in the previous ones.

the internet is constantly changing as new things are designed.

there is a theory that technology doubles in output and halfs in size every 18 months.

standing still becomes going backwards.