IGNORED

Naysmith To Parkhead ?

Defender move on cards Mon, Jun 26 2006 11:47

Celtic are still said to be keen on taking Gary Naysmith to Parkhead but are waiting on another target before making a move.

The former Hearts player is a wanted man and as his first team opportunities are limited at Goodison Park he may well consider a move away from Goodison Park to be in his best interests.

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan is ready to turn his attention to Naysmith if his offer for Sparta Prague left-back Michal Kadlec falls through but he faces competition from VfB Stuttgart.

Everton boss David Moyes had been linked with a move for Celtic's Stilian Petrov and there is a thought that a possible player-plus-cash deal could be thrashed out although Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth looks to be heading the Petrov race

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/news_details....&l_id=1&t_id=31

Edited by Fatboyquim

I would like him to go but I would like to see us getting in a LB.

Pistone (sorry adam) is terrible, Valente wont be here for too much longer i dont think (hes getting on as well)

Hopefully whatever we get for him we can put it towards a LB :)

id let Nace go, stick with Nuno with Pistone for cover, and maybe january or next season bring in an up and coming young left back, maybe poach from the Championship if there is anyone?

33744[/snapback]

he was good when he was first here, but think all the injuries are taking their toll

naysmith is a very average player time for him to go would like to see him replaced with someone like matty taylor of portsmouth!

33990[/snapback]

:D like this lad ;) and not in that way :lol: good at gettin forward and good shot,good defender 2 :D arnt other clubs intrested in him as well? <_<

Celtic eye Everton star

2006-06-30 14:40

Celtic are reportedly weighing up a move for Everton defender Gary Naysmith.

The Scottish giants are set to turn their attentions to Naysmith, after cooling their interest in Sparta Prague star Michal Kadlec.

The Scottish international has failed to hold down a regular starting place under David Moyes and has been linked with a move north of the border over the past 12 months.

Reports claim Celtic are confident of landing the player for a fee in the region of £750,000.

The problem is, there are not many left footed players around let alone defenders!...Who are we gonna replace with i wonder...

34683[/snapback]

Dont know but we've got 3 left backs and Pistones goin nowhere and hopefully the valente stuff is bollocks, so hes staying

Cash in I say

Celtic eye Everton star

2006-06-30 14:40 

Celtic are reportedly weighing up a move for Everton defender Gary Naysmith.

The Scottish giants are set to turn their attentions to Naysmith, after cooling their interest in Sparta Prague star Michal Kadlec. 

The Scottish international has failed to hold down a regular starting place under David Moyes and has been linked with a move north of the border over the past 12 months. 

Reports claim Celtic are confident of landing the player for a fee in the region of £750,000.

34681[/snapback]

Everton STAR! LMFAO!

• 3 weeks later...
""matty taylor is on the go for 1 mill""

''..........................

Where did you see that,???  i think he's a cracking player, worth more than that i think.  :blink:

34690[/snapback]

Taylor's signed a new contract at Portsmouth now anyway

Get rid of Nace we dont need him, weve got plenty of cover at left back

Taylor's signed a new contract at Portsmouth now anyway

Get rid of Nace we dont need him, weve got plenty of cover at left back

39930[/snapback]

;) agreed we have plenty of cover in this position, and the money from the sale could be used to strenthen are squad in other areas ;)