IGNORED

Ross Barkley

With all due respect thats garbage. Bannished to the reserves because he was taking extra lessons from one of our forward coaches.. Yeah sure.

Well i've no reason to make it up.

The problem wasnt that he was taking extra coaching, it was that it was unauthorised.

Well i've no reason to make it up.

The problem wasnt that he was taking extra coaching, it was that it was unauthorised.

The fact is no one wants to believe it's true bcause it is ridiculous - I do believe it. Moyes has to have a handle on everything.

Ronaldo used to show Nani his ball striking technique and stay behind working on free kicks relentlessly - did that require authorising by SAF? I doubt it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

1:33 Moyes would run on the pitch and punch him. I like that he trys the passes forward but thats why Moyes is probs reluctant to play him as he'll lose possession a lot, it's a trade-off I'd be willing to risk against lower teams who we can more easily win the ball back from. Last 10-20 mins against better opposition depending on our players fitness to make the runs/get the ball back.

Great ability however for me far too much showboating - done some nice things but losts coiunt of the amount of sloppy passes he made.

Based on that alone he needs to show a little more respect for possession - do it in the right places. Playing passes across the defence etc, not good. Talent nop doubt though.

The good: Available for everything, always coming short, making intelligent runs into space in the midfield, everyone seems to want to give him the ball.

The bad: Forces passes that aren't on and loses possession, tries to beat one too many. Hard to tell from just that clip, but looked like England should have been working a few more shooting opportunities from the edge of the area based on how Greece were parking the bus.

seems arrogant..possible reason he didn't play much last year? i certainly wouldn't want to see those kind of passes in a prem game..and agree duncan i said as i was watchin it that lundstram looked the far better player on the day

I heard he is nice and apparently he cried after the blackburn game I believe.

He has had his troubles and after some experience i think he can make an incredible impact

Ok, i'll start with the negatives.

Gave the ball away for too many times, especially around his own half and the centre circle. Dont mind a player giving it away around the opposition box, normally when trying to pull off something creative. But, if he didnt make these mistakes he would have been playing for the first team in the Euros rather then the U19s, so all in a little bit of perspective.

Positives, he clearly has a lot of ability, he likes to pick a pass and doesnt mind the odd trick here or there. If he could just tidy up his game and cut out a few mistakes he wont go far wrong. He keeps a lot of his passing simple and on the floor, making it easy for his team mates. And in fairness to the U19 coach, the whole team seem to play it on the deck, good to see from an England team.

Overall, not his best performance, but can see there is a talent there.

Lets just let him develop in his own time. With players like Ossie and hopefully Pienaar in the first team there will be no rush to get him in there, and some good examples to learn from. Training with them two (similar types of player to him IMO) everyday can only be a help.

I've been one of the "get Barkley in now, he's better than anything else we have" - however based on that performance alone he makes it difficult for me to continue that argument. Yes, he can do some things none of our first teamers can - and he looks very swift footed, excellent vision etc, but if he gave a ball away like he almost did passing along the back four and we lost as a result, our opinions would change.

He needs a big brother to talk him through games, ossie would be the most suitable candidate IMO, arteta previously.

I havent seen the game but it does sound like he had a bit of a stinker! However, its one game. How many of our players last season played 4 or 5 games in a row just as poorly!?

Give the lad some time, Im not suggesting he should start, but he needs to learn on the pitch and in the Premier League. Give him 20 mins here or 30 mins there with a start in the early cup games. He has bags of ability but he will never learn how to use it if he isnt given the time to learn it where it counts!

Are you people seriously having these reactions based on one game? Let alone after a pretty good one for as far as I can tell. Look at his balance and close control, impressive, especially for a tall lad like him. If that vid shows me one thing, it's that he's got what it takes. You shouldn't be expecting a finished product!

I think he might benefit from some time with Fellaini myself, if you remember when he first joined he used to give the ball away an awful lot and over the last couple of seasons has stopped all that and is much better. At the same time it's clear that Barkley has skill and ability that members of the first team don't have, he is always looking for the pass forward like Xavi and he will get stuck in like Gerrard he just needs to pick his passes a bit better.

Are you people seriously having these reactions based on one game? Let alone after a pretty good one for as far as I can tell. Look at his balance and close control, impressive, especially for a tall lad like him. If that vid shows me one thing, it's that he's got what it takes. You shouldn't be expecting a finished product!

not at all..but people seem to think he's a saviour after 2-3 games so it's a fair opinion if that's the case for the positives

not at all..but people seem to think he's a saviour after 2-3 games so it's a fair opinion if that's the case for the positives

People were excited about him and rightfully so because he was the best man on the pitch against Bremen, Villareal and QPR. I think people being negative about him now, like you calling arrogant because he plays a pass over the width of the pitch, might have more to do with people "thinking he's a saviour" then with Barkley's play itself.

I dont think anyone is being negative, everyone is being constructive. Everyone is saying he has potential but needs time to grow. God knows what you've been reading Steve.

I have been reading:

• "wouldn't blame him [running onto the pitch and hitting him]..dodgy pass against any opposition..thought he was poor myself from what i saw"
  • "Yeah I was a bit dissapointed with his preformances. John Lundstram however looked superb against Greece." and "i like that lundstram has kept a low profile,hardly any news about him he could be the dark horse." sounded to me like people were already writing him off. As dit the following bullet:
  • "I've been one of the "get Barkley in now, he's better than anything else we have" - however based on that performance alone he makes it difficult for me to continue that argument. Yes, he can do some things none of our first teamers can - and he looks very swift footed, excellent vision etc, but if he gave a ball away like he almost did passing along the back four and we lost as a result, our opinions would change." That shows a completely wrong attitude towards youth players to me.
  • "seems arrogant..possible reason he didn't play much last year?"

Maybe I misinterpreted some things.

Lundstram did look very handy on them clips... He certainly looks like he is thinking a half a second quicker than his team mates and the opposition. I had heard he was decent but he has actually surprised me with that. I will be interested to see if he gets any game time in pre-season.

I have been reading:

• "wouldn't blame him [running onto the pitch and hitting him]..dodgy pass against any opposition..thought he was poor myself from what i saw"
  • "Yeah I was a bit dissapointed with his preformances. John Lundstram however looked superb against Greece." and "i like that lundstram has kept a low profile,hardly any news about him he could be the dark horse." sounded to me like people were already writing him off. As dit the following bullet:
  • "I've been one of the "get Barkley in now, he's better than anything else we have" - however based on that performance alone he makes it difficult for me to continue that argument. Yes, he can do some things none of our first teamers can - and he looks very swift footed, excellent vision etc, but if he gave a ball away like he almost did passing along the back four and we lost as a result, our opinions would change." That shows a completely wrong attitude towards youth players to me.
  • "seems arrogant..possible reason he didn't play much last year?"

Maybe I misinterpreted some things.

Yes hes being criticised, but everyone is saying he is young and needs time to learn. No one is saying hes shite and will never make it. The lad isnt perfect and is still a kid, so he should be treated that way. No point in everyone saying wow hes great play him now! Lets be realistic, give him time to grow and see how he develops. Right now he has massive potential, with the right work and attitude he could be a world beater.

Yes hes being criticised, but everyone is saying he is young and needs time to learn. No one is saying hes shite and will never make it. The lad isnt perfect and is still a kid, so he should be treated that way. No point in everyone saying wow hes great play him now! Lets be realistic, give him time to grow and see how he develops. Right now he has massive potential, with the right work and attitude he could be a world beater.

Agreed, he's a £20m plus player already based on many reports - he will be a top player, we don't need to go on about that, but we can certainly point our glaring errors he is making against opposition that are a lot less than he would face in the premier league.

He's on a good contract and expectations of his attitiude, performance and certainly decision making are high - for every good pass there was near enough a misplaced simple pass. It's a big year for the lad and he needs to focus - that was a sloppy performance by his standards.

Agreed, he's a £20m plus player already based on many reports - he will be a top player, we don't need to go on about that, but we can certainly point our glaring errors he is making against opposition that are a lot less than he would face in the premier league.

He's on a good contract and expectations of his attitiude, performance and certainly decision making are high - for every good pass there was near enough a misplaced simple pass. It's a big year for the lad and he needs to focus - that was a sloppy performance by his standards.

To be fair to Ross though, Fellaini was doing that in the first team when he first joined us, the guy could'nt pass over a few yards without giving the ball away(he has vastly improved this and i think would be a great person for Ross to learn from)

To be fair to Ross though, Fellaini was doing that in the first team when he first joined us, the guy could'nt pass over a few yards without giving the ball away(he has vastly improved this and i think would be a great person for Ross to learn from)

Ai not disputing that pris, but felli got mullered for it. This lad has got to understand that showboating mixed with shite passes ain't the way to please fans. He has a lot of support and shouldn't confuse it with freedom to do what he wants.

He will be class, it's just what journey does he want to take to get there.