IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I'd give him a piggyback up thelancs naked for that price.

I have my reservations about Ross, his long term fitness being one and he's worth nowhere near 60 million. I say sell him and re-invest 40 of it back into the squad.

Imagine losing Barkley but getting 2 20 million players in or a 20 and two tens. The squad would be so much better for it.

I'd give him a piggyback up thelancs naked for that price.

I have my reservations about Ross, his long term fitness being one and he's worth nowhere near 60 million. I say sell him and re-invest 40 of it back into the squad.

Imagine losing Barkley but getting 2 20 million players in or a 20 and two tens. The squad would be so much better for it.

I've been told that we shouldn't judge lukaku on his price tag - but this is where it has a clear relevance. If you go and blow money on players who aren't worth £20m/£30m or whatever then you are weakening the club... so in effect you need to sell other potential world beaters to supplement the over spend...

I've been told that we shouldn't judge lukaku on his price tag - but this is where it has a clear relevance. If you go and blow money on players who aren't worth £20m/£30m or whatever then you are weakening the club... so in effect you need to sell other potential world beaters to supplement the over spend...

Must... resist...

I seriously cannot believe you have just written that.

You have to be trolling me with that post Haf, seriously you must be because if not you really do have an obsession that you need help with mate.

I'm going to stick with that post being tongue in cheek.

I seriously cannot believe you have just written that.

You have to be trolling me with that post Haf, seriously you must be because if not you really do have an obsession that you need help with mate.

I'm going to stick with that post being tongue in cheek.

Ok so Take the L word out of it....

let suppose we are Liverpool and just sold Torres for £50m and we bought Andy Carroll for £35.... The point still stands.

For me the thing with Barkley isn't ability. The lad has an unreal natural ability - he is a born footballer. He for me is the strongest player in the team - physically. Mentally he has to develop and he will.

People compare him to Gazza and I can see that - both from a pros and cons perspective. His talent is up there, entally he is immature but look at Gazza, he never really stood out till he was 23 and he hadn't missed as much football as Ross.

Barkley is a potential £100m player. I've said it before and I see nothing to change that, its just experience that he needs.

On current ability he is already worth £20m as technically and physically he is without equal in his age group. Selling him for less than £50m would be a risk as he can be that good.

Ok so Take the L word out of it....

let suppose we are Liverpool and just sold Torres for £50m and we bought Andy Carroll for £35.... The point still stands.

For me the thing with Barkley isn't ability. The lad has an unreal natural ability - he is a born footballer. He for me is the strongest player in the team - physically. Mentally he has to develop and he will.

People compare him to Gazza and I can see that - both from a pros and cons perspective. His talent is up there, entally he is immature but look at Gazza, he never really stood out till he was 23 and he hadn't missed as much football as Ross.

Barkley is a potential £100m player. I've said it before and I see nothing to change that, its just experience that he needs.

On current ability he is already worth £20m as technically and physically he is without equal in his age group. Selling him for less than £50m would be a risk as he can be that good.

Lol, love this. He should only be referred to as L from now on..... I'm sick of seeing his name. If this was twitter he'd have been trending at the top since June.

Lol, love this. He should only be referred to as L from now on..... I'm sick of seeing his name. If this was twitter he'd have been trending at the top since June.

What staggered me is we were happily chatting about Barkley and his potential selling value and Haf manages to slip a dig in at Lukaku and bring the price we paid for him into it????

What staggered me is we were happily chatting about Barkley and his potential selling value and Haf manages to slip a dig in at Lukaku and bring the price we paid for him into it????

Sooooo, talking about selling a potentially awesome player in order to get money to strengthen our team isn't relevant to L? I think given the fact that he along with players like soldado etc prove that big outlay doesn't equal big quality.

Unfortunately L being a big name player at a big name price equals big name focus.

Back to the relevance of the thread selling a quality player for big money doesn't equal value for money on the money outgoing. Barkleys potential value is astronomical.

Sooooo, talking about selling a potentially awesome player in order to get money to strengthen our team isn't relevant to L? I think given the fact that he along with players like soldado etc prove that big outlay doesn't equal big quality.

Unfortunately L being a big name player at a big name price equals big name focus.

Back to the relevance of the thread selling a quality player for big money doesn't equal value for money on the money outgoing. Barkleys potential value is astronomical.

No, the fact you cannot post in a thread without dragging him into it is the issue.

The hread had a link saying City were being told 60 mil I said IF that was the genuine offer we should sell him (as its an absurd amount for him) and put 40 of it back into the squad and we would be much stronger.

You then turned it into spending money on Lukaku.

Aeriously mate, it's really obsessive .

No, the fact you cannot post in a thread without dragging him into it is the issue.

The hread had a link saying City were being told 60 mil I said IF that was the genuine offer we should sell him (as its an absurd amount for him) and put 40 of it back into the squad and we would be much stronger.

You then turned it into spending money on Lukaku.

Aeriously mate, it's really obsessive .

For some reason you think £50m to spend equals £50m in quality. My example of L is that it clearly isn't the case all the time.

I think people obsess that I'm obsessing... Its a defence mechanism.

Back onto Barkley, we haven't had a long enough continued run with him without getting a big injury lay off. Let's not pretend it's football manager and get excited about who we can spend £50m on. Next thing you know we will have spent £45m on pelle and tadic.

For some reason you think £50m to spend equals £50m in quality. My example of L is that it clearly isn't the case all the time.

I think people obsess that I'm obsessing... Its a defence mechanism.

Back onto Barkley, we haven't had a long enough continued run with him without getting a big injury lay off. Let's not pretend it's football manager and get excited about who we can spend £50m on. Next thing you know we will have spent £45m on pelle and tadic.

Well we are to rely on Martinez to spend it wisely aren't we... Oh wait!

McCarthy was money well spent. As for L, unfortunately not.

Then again what manager always makes good buys? That's why it's better to retain top talent.

That's right, give "bobby" an out there but relentlessly slaughter Lukaku.

Anyway threads going way off topic now soooooooback to Barkley.

You wouldn't sell him for 60 million then after two serious injuries and the fact the chances are he'll never realise his full potential because I've never seen a 100 million pound player in him ever.

A bale, Messi, Ronaldo or Suarez he is most definitely not and most definitely never will be.

You seem to be the voice of authority pad, can't mention the L word no matter how relevant it is, like the episode of blackadder with Macbeth.

Back on topic even though you take off topic to obsess over my non obsession....

Bale sold for £90m replaced with shite. Ronaldo replaced with shite, Suarez replaced with shite.

Based on value who would you sell to raise funds for the team....

£50m for Barkley, £28m for Lukaku, £20m for McCarthy...

First rule of being a popular forum member, "don't criticise players who many have pinned their colours to, no matter how shite they are, stick to safe targets like McGeady and Kone".

You seem to be the voice of authority pad, can't mention the L word no matter how relevant it is, like the episode of blackadder with Macbeth.

Back on topic even though you take off topic to obsess over my non obsession....

Bale sold for £90m replaced with shite. Ronaldo replaced with shite, Suarez replaced with shite.

Based on value who would you sell to raise funds for the team....

£50m for Barkley, £28m for Lukaku, £20m for McCarthy...

First rule of being a popular forum member, "don't criticise players who many have pinned their colours to, no matter how shite they are, stick to safe targets like McGeady and Kone".

I'm the voice of nothing Haf, you can say and do what you want. You're a grown man. But when you do peope can say exactly what they want back mate it's that simple really.

If you want to turn every single debate/conversation or thread in Lukaku be it what we paid for him or how shit you think he is then knock yourself out with it Haf and have fun doing it.

Me personally? I'm bored to death with it so excuse me for not contributing in it all from here on in but don't (and I'm sure it wont) let that stop your crusade bud.

Also, I'm not here to be popular, I have no interest in being popular. I call it as I see it if that makes me unpopular so be it.

I've owned boards bigger than this in the past Haf but thanks for the advice on how to behave on an internet board.

Edited by Paddock

I'm the voice of nothing Haf, you can say and do what you want. You're a grown man. But when you do peope can say exactly what they want back mate it's that simple really.

If you want to turn every single debate/conversation or thread in Lukaku be it what we paid for him or how shit you think he is then knock yourself out with it Haf and have fun doing it.

Me personally? I'm bored to death with it so excuse me for not contributing in it all from here on in but don't (and I'm sure it wont) let that stop your crusade bud.

Also, I'm not here to be popular, I have no interest in being popular. I call it as I see it if that makes me unpopular so be it.

I've owned boards bigger than this in the past Haf but thanks for the advice on how to behave on an internet board.

Interesting behaviour and comments there pad, you talk about subtlety I mention Lukaku once as a means of an example as to how money to spend isn't equivalent to quality as a justification for not selling Barkley.

Now, this is where it gets interesting, I tried to take it back to Barkley just casting its relevance to Lukaku but you couldn't do that. You were too geared I to the verbal jousting. In other words you weren't even arsed about the Barkley relevance but choose to paint me as the reason as to why it goes off topic even though my exAmple was very much on topic.

Not really arsed about bigger boards that you've owned but hey, there's the voice of authority coming right there.... Mate.

Seriously back to Barkley. Now that I have clearly made Lukaku an example that spending big is not a means to improving big... He's not isolated, we sold lescott and bought bilyaltdinov and heitinga, and the remaining money was the best value = Distin.

Edited by Hafnia

I think it's got to the point now where nobody can be arsed talking about him anymore. I literally read the opening couple of posts and get a headache, it's the same regurgitated stuff every time.... THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT,, no matter how many times we go round in circles.

I just wished there was something more productive to talk about... Like McCarthy bashing ;p