IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Why won't he stay here 'forever'? If you don't think he's going to reach the next level then where else is he going to go? I'm guessing you mean 'down the way'?

Howany do do that. If he gets to 25 and hasn't maximised his potential but is still a very good player and we're still not gettin cl footy and not winning trophiesand a City, Chelsea come knocking can you blame him for wanting to go?

Right now 60 million is all on potential, Rodwell is an example of players not reaching it. Granted Barkley looks more promising but he may not kick on.

I'm repeating myself now but it's all ifs and buts isn't it. What if he doesn't fulfil his potential, what if he does become as good as Bale etc. it's all what ifs isn't it.

The harsh reality is that if we don't start winning trophies and getting cl football he'll eventually want out to bigger things and it's the level he is at then that will dictate his price.

Will it be more than 60 mil? Nobody knows but IF and it's a big if there was 60 mil on the table this January I personally think we would be stark raving mad to turn it down.

Don't let your love for Everton and the fact he is one of ours get in the way of a ridiculously good deal for him given all the ifs buts and maybes that are involved.

That's my take on it, yours is different which is fine it's all about opinions but he doesn't bring THAT much to the table in my eyes to turn down stupid money.

Good points. So let's be consistent here and judge that other young athletic player that we have (not gonna say his name!!!) at 24 or so too. Seems only fair.

as succinct as I can put it - is this, "mental development" is where Barkley is at his most needy and for me that is absolutely fine and in line with where he needs to be.

As for the other athletic player my feeling is that the development needs are pretty much technical which is my concern.

Take Zidane - at Cannes he wasn't anywhere near the level that we came to see at Real Madrid, the reason wasn't anything other than mental, his technique was ridiculously good, it was how he could apply it and that came with experince. The main issue was his temper - opponents knew they could get a reaction based on his algerian roots and it took him away from his game.

If you bred race horses and you had one whichy showed unbelievable qualities as a foal - knowing full well that it could earn you £3m in prize money, would you sell them for £3m?

If you say yes then it sounds like you have done simple maths.

If you say no then you are looking at the bigger picture. Frankel earned £3m in race money... the best horse ever as can be argued. Yet since retiring he has already earned £16m alone in stud fees with more and more on the way.

How can you put a price on the potential of Barkley - its more than just the transfer fee. Take Gerrard - yes Liverpool could have got £50m plus for him but they have been better off for not selling him.

He brings commercial money to the club

He gets the best out of other players - making them more valuable (Suarez)

He attracts better players

He wins games that win money

His name attracts young talent to the academy

You can't put a price on some things. Selling a top talent for money is not always in the best financial interests of the club. Just think how gutted the Khalid Abdullah would be if he cashyed in on Frankel at an early stage?

If you bred race horses and you had one whichy showed unbelievable qualities as a foal - knowing full well that it could earn you £3m in prize money, would you sell them for £3m?

If you say no then you are looking at the bigger picture. Frankel earned £3m in race money... the best horse ever as can be argued. Yet since retiring he has already earned £16m alone in stud fees with more and more on the way.

How can you put a price on the potential of Barkley - its more than just the transfer fee. Take Gerrard - yes Liverpool could have got £50m plus for him but they have been better off for not selling him.

He brings commercial money to the club

He gets the best out of other players - making them more valuable (Suarez)

He attracts better players

He wins games that win money

His name attracts young talent to the academy

You can't put a price on some things. Selling a top talent for money is not always in the best financial interests of the club. Just think how gutted the Khalid Abdullah would be if he cashyed in on Frankel at an early stage?

Everyone knows the bigger picture. And in an ideal worl everything would be rosey.

Unfortunately things don't always pan out the way we would like them to .

It's a simple case of gambling on turning down 60 mil now and hoping he'll become more than that or he becomes good enough to single handedly (almost) take the team to another level.

I don't see enough in him to suggest he could do that to be honest but that's just me.

Howany do do that. If he gets to 25 and hasn't maximised his potential but is still a very good player and we're still not gettin cl footy and not winning trophiesand a City, Chelsea come knocking can you blame him for wanting to go?

Right now 60 million is all on potential, Rodwell is an example of players not reaching it. Granted Barkley looks more promising but he may not kick on.

I'm repeating myself now but it's all ifs and buts isn't it. What if he doesn't fulfil his potential, what if he does become as good as Bale etc. it's all what ifs isn't it.

The harsh reality is that if we don't start winning trophies and getting cl football he'll eventually want out to bigger things and it's the level he is at then that will dictate his price.

Will it be more than 60 mil? Nobody knows but IF and it's a big if there was 60 mil on the table this January I personally think we would be stark raving mad to turn it down.

Don't let your love for Everton and the fact he is one of ours get in the way of a ridiculously good deal for him given all the ifs buts and maybes that are involved.

That's my take on it, yours is different which is fine it's all about opinions but he doesn't bring THAT much to the table in my eyes to turn down stupid money.

Just a couple of things...no 'love' is blinding me. Like you, I've been an Evertonian long enough to get used to players being sold and a footy fan long enough to know that every player has a price. I also have no 'take' on it as it is just a rumour, of which many fly around on a daily basis. All I've done is look at what we could do with the money. I don't think I have give a definitive 'yay' or 'nay'. How can you with rumours? The only definitive thing I'll say is it wouldn't be a January deal.

I enjoy reading what others think and seeing others perspective. The only reason I'm 'speaking' to you on the subject is that I can't quite make out if you rate him or not. You seem quite definite that he won't kick on, but still expect a city or Chelsea to buy him if we don't push on? Why would they want him if he ain't all that? Surely they only want talent in their talent ridden squads?

Whatever happens, so long as the club benefits, I'm ok with it.

The reality is that if Barkley is sold in the next year - then he will prove that he was the right player to be sold - the reason is that he will not get enough game time to realise that potential.

If we keep him and he maintains fitness then I honestly believe that a midfield diamond of him with McCarthy and Besic will be outstanding and a real force. Plenty of bite, pace, tempo and creativity.

Rooney remains the best 17 year old I have seen - so much so that he was at his best when he played for us IMO. Barkley in the next year if injury free will be the best all round young player we will have seen in a blue shirt.

Lee Carsley was absolutely spot on when Barkley returned from his knee injury - he said adrenaline will get him through a really impressive game and then the reality of rustiness kicks in.

Just a couple of things...no 'love' is blinding me. Like you, I've been an Evertonian long enough to get used to players being sold and a footy fan long enough to know that every player has a price. I also have no 'take' on it as it is just a rumour, of which many fly around on a daily basis. All I've done is look at what we could do with the money. I don't think I have give a definitive 'yay' or 'nay'. How can you with rumours? The only definitive thing I'll say is it wouldn't be a January deal.

I enjoy reading what others think and seeing others perspective. The only reason I'm 'speaking' to you on the subject is that I can't quite make out if you rate him or not. You seem quite definite that he won't kick on, but still expect a city or Chelsea to buy him if we don't push on? Why would they want him if he ain't all that? Surely they only want talent in their talent ridden squads?

Whatever happens, so long as the club benefits, I'm ok with it.

if you don't "get" what I mean you quite clearly haven't read a single word I've written so to simplify.

Yes, I rate him of course I do. I don't ghink he'll ever reach the levels of Messi, Suarez or Ronaldo. I'm not entirely convinced he'll get to Bales standard or Rooneys bracket either but he could.

One day if we are still finishing around 6 or 7th he will want to further his career so the chances of him staying here for his entire career are remote. When that time does come would his price be 60 million or more nobody knows. When I weigh up the pros and cons like him not realising his potential, him getting more bad injuries or him running his contract down do I think IF a 60 mil bid came in in the next 12 months should we take it? Absolutely.

Just because I say he may not become a superstar doesn't mean other clubs don't want him. United bought Shaw Chelsea bought Costa I could go on. They are all great players but their price tags are nowhere near 60 million so in tbe future if he pushes for a move because a team come knocking he could leave for a lot less that 60 mil so the gamble of not taking the 60 now would have backfired.

That's basically a summary of it.

But it's all conjecture until an actual bid comes in but if it did that's my thoughts on it.

Studding Barkley is a great idea. Anyone got any sisters that they want to donate?

if you don't "get" what I mean you quite clearly haven't read a single word I've written so to simplify.

I often think the same about your reading skills. So I'm glad we're on the same page.

just to simplify (!!!)...I get and fully understand where you are coming from in terms of sale, money etc. I just couldn't work out if you rated him or not. That's all.

Thumbs up (is there a thumbs up smiley thingy???)

I often think the same about your reading skills. So I'm glad we're on the same page.

just to simplify (!!!)...I get and fully understand where you are coming from in terms of sale, money etc. I just couldn't work out if you rated him or not. That's all.

Thumbs up (is there a thumbs up smiley thingy???)

Well at least we're in agreeance then ;)

As soon as I saw him coming on for the last four minutes I thought here we go, either an injury or something stupid.

For once I'm glad it was the embarrassing touch for him and not an injury.

Ross isn't ready for this yet, let him play for a year and ease into it. Let him find a position and work on it.

As soon as I saw him coming on for the last four minutes I thought here we go, either an injury or something stupid.

For once I'm glad it was the embarrassing touch for him and not an injury.

Ross isn't ready for this yet, let him play for a year and ease into it. Let him find a position and work on it.

He's not a player who you should bring on late in games in my opinion. When that happens he tries too hard and more often than not it doesn't come off.

He's not a player who you should bring on late in games in my opinion. When that happens he tries too hard and more often than not it doesn't come off.

Was just saying exactly that to my son.

Ross is still young and wants to impress.

Bad management there for me. But also a lesson for Ross.

Roy Hodgson in a "single out Ross Barkley" shocker. Didn't he do this after the lad played in a friendly against Equador? - thats right Woy, you keep waxing lyrical about smalling and jones and make sure you try and destroy any flair that our most talented youngster has got.

Throwing a lad on with a few minutes remaining of a high tempo, frantic match - not surprised he got caught cold. He's a garbage manager with many Moyes like tendancies.

did he get up and bewate waheem sterling? no??? Must just be Ross then.

He should drop Sterling after his contribution to their goal he just let him walk past him like he had absolutely no interest at all in tracking that full back he just let him walk (yes literally walk ) past him.

He slipped on the turf. It wasn't like he gave the ball away trying an impossible pass.

It usually is mate, that's the frustrating thing about him. If he was trying a worldly I could accept it abit more but it's sheer sloppiness with him. Usually trying to beat a man when it's not nessassrally the right option or him trying some smart arse trick and the ball bouncing off him and away from his control.

I know I bang on a lot about this and it's not I have a downer on Barkley, I love him being our player he's young, vibrant, exciting, unpredictable, strong, direct and a whole host of other things but he needs to stop thinking he's better than he is and learn when to do the dazzling run or when he can show boat and stop giving the ball away in his ownhalf like he does on a consistent basis.

I'm hoping (and am almost certain) maturity will cure this but I'm hoping he will mature soon because if heis going to realise his full potential heneeds to get this part of his game ironed out probto before people start getting on his back and sucking the confidence out of him.

It usually is mate, that's the frustrating thing about him. If he was trying a worldly I could accept it abit more but it's sheer sloppiness with him. Usually trying to beat a man when it's not nessassrally the right option or him trying some smart arse trick and the ball bouncing off him and away from his control.

I know I bang on a lot about this and it's not I have a downer on Barkley, I love him being our player he's young, vibrant, exciting, unpredictable, strong, direct and a whole host of other things but he needs to stop thinking he's better than he is and learn when to do the dazzling run or when he can show boat and stop giving the ball away in his ownhalf like he does on a consistent basis.

I'm hoping (and am almost certain) maturity will cure this but I'm hoping he will mature soon because if heis going to realise his full potential heneeds to get this part of his game ironed out probto before people start getting on his back and sucking the confidence out of him.

You make valid points with regards to decision making. Ross is not yet developed, nowhere near. He needs time like any 21 year old player does. I highlighted the point you made about him needing to stop thinking he's better than he is, I disagree. Players this day in age are very arrogant, egotistical people, especially the ones at the top. He needs to believe he is the best, in order to be the best. Decisions will get better, powerful direct runs into the oppositions half is what Ross is about, and I'd rather him get it wrong now than get it wrong in the future. He's trying, which is what is the important thing. He has the ability, he just needs to develop his mental approach that's all. Hodgson has made a terrible decision showing Ross up like that, and needs to encourage him rather than scream at him mid-game, at what he is doing wrong. Its no good for anyone, talk to him after the game, having a pop wasn't going to change anything at that time.

I just think it smacks of being victimised for the type of player he is - sorry Roy, you go ahead and build a midfield around Jordan Henderson and see how far that gets us you clown.

You want a player to be Mr Safe and hit it to the f'n wing or wayne - whichever one it was then maybe you need to bring that type of player on with 3-4 minutes remaining.

That was an ideal game for Ross to start last night - not the ideal game to see out. I'm hopeful Martinez launches a strategically structured Barb at this fool.

You make valid points with regards to decision making. Ross is not yet developed, nowhere near. He needs time like any 21 year old player does. I highlighted the point you made about him needing to stop thinking he's better than he is, I disagree. Players this day in age are very arrogant, egotistical people, especially the ones at the top. He needs to believe he is the best, in order to be the best. Decisions will get better, powerful direct runs into the oppositions half is what Ross is about, and I'd rather him get it wrong now than get it wrong in the future. He's trying, which is what is the important thing. He has the ability, he just needs to develop his mental approach that's all. Hodgson has made a terrible decision showing Ross up like that, and needs to encourage him rather than scream at him mid-game, at what he is doing wrong. Its no good for anyone, talk to him after the game, having a pop wasn't going to change anything at that time.

I agree with you on the Hodgeson situation, he was bang out of order but I expect nothing else from the bufoon and I also think he has a problem with Barkley full stop.

As for Barkley the player, I'm not gonna go on again about it cos I'm starting to sound like a broken record about him but it's not really the losing it running at the opposition defence that annoys me it's the losing it when we're clearing our lines from our own box and breaking out. He's sloppy at situations like this he's almost nonchalant in his approach like trying keepy ups with the side of his foot as he's running along only for it to bounce of him to an opposition player and present them with an excellent chance to open us up.

Am gonna shut up about it now cos I've prattled on enough about it but just watch him Aiden you'll see what I mean, he does it all the time.