IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Just as a matter of interest do people still think Moyes deserves all the flack he got in here for taking Barkley out of the limelight and getting as maney games in to him as he could at resreve / youth level?

Think that was more about the fact that the team in general were shite at that time, and Barkley wasn't playing any worse than any of the rest of them tbh, it seemed like Moyes was pushing the blame on to him a bit, that's how i saw it anyway, others may have a different view.

Hopefully it will have made a difference to Ross's game, although he does still look a bit raw, i think let him have a run against the smaller teams, and then give him 15-20mins against the bigger ones.

Edited by theprisoner

Just as a matter of interest do people still think Moyes deserves all the flack he got in here for taking Barkley out of the limelight and getting as maney games in to him as he could at resreve / youth level?

Yeah I think he did. He had McFadden, anichebe, half injured Cahill playing when Barkley could have had some education time. It was ridiculous at times.

Yeah I was a bit dissapointed with his preformances.

John Lundstram however looked superb against Greece

Went to school with him he has improved alot now but to say he will play in midfield for us in the next 5 years cant see it if im honest

Most people probably want naismith behind jelevic but i want to see ross play a few games there, hes got that killer pass when anyone shows a bit of movement but its probably unrealistic given moyes doesnt like flair players and if he does he trys to change the way they play.

I think he might benefit from some time with Fellaini myself, if you remember when he first joined he used to give the ball away an awful lot and over the last couple of seasons has stopped all that and is much better. At the same time it's clear that Barkley has skill and ability that members of the first team don't have, he is always looking for the pass forward like Xavi and he will get stuck in like Gerrard he just needs to pick his passes a bit better.

agree

Edited by Blue4Ever

He recieved a yellow card for that tackle...seemed harsh as it looked a solid tackle to me.

Ross was dissapointing in that match but he is a young guy and i am sure he will have watched that back with the coaching staff and learned a few valuable lessons. Honestly, matches like that are the best thing for him at the moment as it will highlight what is needed to become a prem player.

There are a few moments during those highlights where he looked like he was trying to hard to measure the simple passes...maybe nerves or even a concious effort to work on his weak area's.

Agree that lundstrum looked good...he has looked good for the last 12 months to be honest. he looks like a man playing with boys at times.

This is going to be a big year for Ross and i think we all need to have patience with him. He could turn out to be a world class player.

He recieved a yellow card for that tackle...seemed harsh as it looked a solid tackle to me.

Ross was dissapointing in that match but he is a young guy and i am sure he will have watched that back with the coaching staff and learned a few valuable lessons. Honestly, matches like that are the best thing for him at the moment as it will highlight what is needed to become a prem player.

There are a few moments during those highlights where he looked like he was trying to hard to measure the simple passes...maybe nerves or even a concious effort to work on his weak area's.

Agree that lundstrum looked good...he has looked good for the last 12 months to be honest. he looks like a man playing with boys at times.

This is going to be a big year for Ross and i think we all need to have patience with him. He could turn out to be a world class player.

I totally agree, and I think that is precisely why Moyse took him out of the first team picture and had him playing in every game he possibly could at reserve and youth level

people need patience and trust with moyes more than barkley

Yep thats my take on it also

• 4 weeks later...

Unless we sign another centre midfielder I think we will see him play alot more this season. I imagine Moyes will want to get the team settled and please God off to a good start before he brings him in. Hopefully he will start in leauge cup matches and cameos in leauge matches until the new year when he plays a bit more frequently.

My thinking is that the main reason Moyes agreed to Rodwell's sale is because he knows that we have a younger, better player comign through (Barkley) and he would rather give him the opportunites than have Rodwell standing in his way.

So to get £12-£15m for our second best young midfielder is good business

My thinking is that the main reason Moyes agreed to Rodwell's sale is because he knows that we have a younger, better player comign through (Barkley) and he would rather give him the opportunites than have Rodwell standing in his way.

So to get £12-£15m for our second best young midfielder is good business

Barkley has arguably more potential, but he doesn't replace Rodwell. He's an attacking mid, whereas Rodwell is a box-to-box that are a lot rarer these days.