IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Mike before you go on an uneducated rant. Look through all my comments. If the lad plays well, I'll say he's played well. thatdoesn't change my overall judgment..

I have always questioned Barkley so I will go on. Thankyou

You correctly said he's a game changer. Which he is. Sometimes it doesn't come off and that's to be expected.

For some reason he's being criticised for not being a complete midfielder? He's half way through his second full season, let's kinda let him learn

I don't like carragher or Neville but as pundits but they know their stuff. They are unanimous in the agreement that Barkley has unique talents to be one of the best. Good enough for me.

Edited by Hafnia

You correctly said he's a game changer. Which he is. Sometimes it doesn't come off and that's to be expected.

For some reason he's being criticised for not being a complete midfielder? He's half way through his second full season, let's kinda let him learn

I don't like carragher or Neville but as pundits but they know their stuff. They are unanimous in the agreement that Barkley has unique talents to be one of the best. Good enough for me.

You've definitely made a new years resolution!

Mike before you go on an uneducated rant. Look through all my comments. If the lad plays well, I'll say he's played well. thatdoesn't change my overall judgment..

I have always questioned Barkley so I will go on. Thankyou

What uneducated rant? Just pointing out that you did, fairly recently, rate him. You said, "This lad is a game changer" and it wasn't in a match day thread so you weren't judging him on a single performance, you were commenting on him in general (this is a calm explanation by the way, an uneducated rant is quite different)..

One other thing.

That's why I judge people on an overview and not match by match like most in this forum.

The lad has incredible feet but without desire, tanacity and vision he'll become a nobody. I remember hearing the same about a guy called rodwell a while back. Said he was mediocre back then, but again, caught the wrath of the majority only to be proved right AGAIN!!!! Where is playing now?

Rodwell left Everton in 2012 and you joined TT in Jan 2013 so whatever majority you may have caught wrath from it wasn't anybody here so no need to get all superior eh?

What uneducated rant? Just pointing out that you did, fairly recently, rate him. You said, "This lad is a game changer" and it wasn't in a match day thread so you weren't judging him on a single performance, you were commenting on him in general (this is a calm explanation by the way, an uneducated rant is quite different)..

One other thing.

:rofl:

One other thing.

Rodwell left Everton in 2012 and you joined TT in Jan 2013 so whatever majority you may have caught wrath from it wasn't anybody here so no need to get all superior eh?

Sorry Mike I should have explained more clearly. I have other blue nose friends that have mo connection with TT. Unlike others.

One other thing.

One other thing....

If I make the same remarks about the same player in several different game threads, I would class. This as an overall judgement. Smart arse!!!

I think he's massively overrated I get why people think he may be the next big thing and he does show glimpses of reaching those heights but so do lots of players.

I firmly believe if he played for Liverpool, the posters purring over him here would be absolutely slaughtering him.

If we had Sterling and they Barkley the same people posting how great Barkley is and how shit Sterling is would be on the opposite side of the fence.

I still maintain Sterling is a much better prospect than him.

If I make the same remarks about the same player in several different game threads, I would class. This as an overall judgement. Smart arse!!!

So your overall judgment based on watching different individual games is that "He's always suffered with lack of vision and knowing when to realease a pass..." and your overall judgment based on accumulated knowledge from those games is that "He's a game changer end of"

Thanks for the clarification, seems so obvious now.

Personally I think his talent might be getting coached out if him. For example Hodgson getting on his back, that's not going to do his confidence any good, the more you're told to stop messing with the ball the more you're going to over think things with it!

He's not arrogant enough either. For example Rooney was just raw natural talent (like Ross) but he had mean streak in him!!! You could see he wanted to win - at all costs. He'd put his anger into explosive runs barging anything in front of him out of the way. You don't see that hunger from Barkley.

I still think he'll go all the way but he needs to settle in to one role.

Personally I think his talent might be getting coached out if him. For example Hodgson getting on his back, that's not going to do his confidence any good, the more you're told to stop messing with the ball the more you're going to over think things with it!

He's not arrogant enough either. For example Rooney was just raw natural talent (like Ross) but he had mean streak in him!!! You could see he wanted to win - at all costs. He'd put his anger into explosive runs barging anything in front of him out of the way. You don't see that hunger from Barkley.

I still think he'll go all the way but he needs to settle in to one role.

Oh don't get me wrong, I also think he'll go all the way................ Whilst not getting his shot off and a mass of players around him screaming for the pass.

The commentary goes something like this......

"Barkley on the ball now, beats one, beats another, goes to shoot, keeps going, goes to shoot, keeps going, goes to shoot...and runs it out of play"

It's as if he has major OCD... Everything has to be perfect but whilst he's trying to execute this, opposition nick the ball off him......then he jogs back.

This was very evident in the match against West Ham. Games are 95% guts and only 5% glory, something I suspect he still needs to learn. The most valuable players are not the headline makers but those who consistently put in a shift.

This read more than anything else makes me realise we've got a great manager on our hands.

Absolutely brilliant in terms of psychology IMO. There is an element of siege mentality here and it's gonna work.

It's not about Ross, it's about the team.

This read more than anything else makes me realise we've got a great manager on our hands.

Absolutely brilliant in terms of psychology IMO. There is an element of siege mentality here and it's gonna work.

It's not about Ross, it's about the team.

"Enjoy the football, leave the pressure to me"

Lovely stuff.

What I find amusing about these Liverpool Echo articles are the comments underneath. Funny.

Message to Ross.

We come to watch you drive forward, to try something different. We want to see you shoot when you have the opportunity, glide past players when on the front foot.

If you miss, get tackled, or your pass doe not come off....we don't care. We just want to see you try!

Play like you love the game and us fans will be behind you.