IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I actually think he should start from a deep mid position. He isn't a player to unlock a defwnsebwith a decisive through ball.

He is a player who can change the pace of attack and drive forward.

He always looks better running away from players rather than at them.

Put him alongside McCarthy at the back and let Besic be the more forward of the trio and you will see something special.

I actually think he should start from a deep mid position. He isn't a player to unlock a defwnsebwith a decisive through ball.

He is a player who can change the pace of attack and drive forward.

He always looks better running away from players rather than at them.

Put him alongside McCarthy at the back and let Besic be the more forward of the trio and you will see something special.

I'm bemused by the logic of playing him deep we've already tried it and he's looked shit and when a team presses us he has absolutely no clue how to deal with it

He's either played central or slightly forward for me he has no deep laying qualities whatsoever in my eyes

He needs to be played in his natural position and for some time so he can develop into the player we hope he will rather than be played here there and everywhere which will just turn him into a Milner esq utility man

Edited by EFC-Paul

sterling has played left of a three, right of a three, central of a three and striker, all within two seasons.... if you've got it you've got it.

I posted a thread about this. Sterling is by far a better player than Barkley. He creates more, scores more, has more assists and can play in more positions. I'd swap Sterling for Barkley in a heart beat.

All those who say Barkley over him would not pick Barkley if the players were playing for opposite clubs, they'd laugh at the words "barkley is better than Sterling"

I love Everton as much as anyone but you have to be honest and sensible in your reasoning or you just sound bitter. I understand it's all about opinions but Sterling gas again this season easily out performed Barkley.

I've stayed away from this topic purposely as I'm expecting to be pissed off if I read it so I won't. But I've got to say the treatment Ross has received at Goodison in the last few months has been disgraceful. We have a hell of a talent on our hands here, one that bigger clubs would gladly take of our hands, but if he doesn't put one in the top bin or take on five players everytime he gets the ball he's getting grief. Seeing him being booed by his own fans for not being as good as we would like him too be has made me sick, and has not helped his confidence. I see a young lad who looks scared to try something because he is scared of the reaction when if it goes wrong.

I heard a fella infront of me who has given him nothing but abuse for months complaining that he has been on the bench recently. I couldn't believe it.

I know one thing for sure, when he speaks to his agent about the stick he has had from the fans his agent will be telling him he won't get booed at City!

Rant over, for now.

I've not heard him get booed tbh Steve although that doesn't automatically mean he never has but he deserves the critisism he gets at times.

He loses the ball all the time giving it away cheaply then trots after it like he hasn't a care in the world, he doesn't jump for headers, he's greedy, he misses important passes , he takes far too many touches , he strolls round at times like he has a devine right to do fuck all.

Just because he has come through the acadamy doesn't mean he is above critisism. I personally never get on players backs at the game I support them, clap when they fuck up and scream to keep their heads up and encourage them but I do vent on sites like this.

What absolutely infuriates ne with the Barkley lovers, most bleat he's young, he has lots to learn then slate Lukaku who is the same age. It seems if you come with a price tag you can be slaughtered but if you come through the acadamy you can have all the excuses of youth, inexperience, development etc etc. it can't be ok for one cos he cost nothing then slaughter another player cos he cost a lot of money it pisses me right off. They both should get the same treatment as and when they're underperforming.

Not directed at you mate oranyone here in particular. Hust sick of hearing people at the game justifying Barkleys bad performances whilst leathering Lukaku who is the same age at the same point of development and who although has been not great this season has still easily out preformed golden boy.

I've not heard him get booed tbh Steve although that doesn't automatically mean he never has but he deserves the critisism he gets at times.

He loses the ball all the time giving it away cheaply then trots after it like he hasn't a care in the world, he doesn't jump for headers, he's greedy, he misses important passes , he takes far too many touches , he strolls round at times like he has a devine right to do fuck all.

Just because he has come through the acadamy doesn't mean he is above critisism. I personally never get on players backs at the game I support them, clap when they fuck up and scream to keep their heads up and encourage them but I do vent on sites like this.

What absolutely infuriates ne with the Barkley lovers, most bleat he's young, he has lots to learn then slate Lukaku who is the same age. It seems if you come with a price tag you can be slaughtered but if you come through the acadamy you can have all the excuses of youth, inexperience, development etc etc. it can't be ok for one cos he cost nothing then slaughter another player cos he cost a lot of money it pisses me right off. They both should get the same treatment as and when they're underperforming.

Not directed at you mate oranyone here in particular. Hust sick of hearing people at the game justifying Barkleys bad performances whilst leathering Lukaku who is the same age at the same point of development and who although has been not great this season has still easily out preformed golden boy.

You should try sitting in the Lower Gwladys he gets crucified no matter what he does, its that bad that I think Roberto should only play the lad in away matches now until he gets his confidence back

Didn't he play deep against QPR which ended up in arguably one of his best performances of the season alongside Besic?

This is where I see him.

He loves to have space in front of him to run Into.

He doesn't seem to enjoy being on the edge of the area, he always turns back.

And in the Goodison Derby last season.

You should try sitting in the Lower Gwladys he gets crucified no matter what he does, its that bad that I think Roberto should only play the lad in away matches now until he gets his confidence back

Well they're a fucking disgrace then.

If they're stupid enough to think everytime he gets the ball he's got to beat 9 men and score a worldy then we don't need them as fans.

Barkley is not above critisism though.

Didn't he play deep against QPR which ended up in arguably one of his best performances of the season alongside Besic?

This is where I see him.

He loves to have space in front of him to run Into.

He doesn't seem to enjoy being on the edge of the area, he always turns back.

He did and apart from his goal he was poor

For me personally he's not suited to the role it's all well and good saying he can charge forward but what happens when a team does that to us as QPR did at times he looked lost and that's against one of the worst sides I've ever witnessed he doesn't possess the defensive nous for that position

He's got great feet pace and movement he's a number 10 or should be sat in the hole behind the front line he just needs confidence to let his ability loose and I feel Martinez started to let him do that then started pissing him around in various positions.

Well they're a fucking disgrace then.

If they're stupid enough to think everytime he gets the ball he's got to beat 9 men and score a worldy then we don't need them as fans.

Barkley is not above critisism though.

Nobody is above criticism however with Barley it has gone way too far

The other week some scally was screaming abuse at him one minute for playing it safe, then screaming at him for taking a man on the next he just cant win at the moment

Same here, he looks too cautious when he receives the ball on the last third for me.

His best clips are retrieving the ball in our half. Playing deep does not mean you need to be a defensive player.

True to a certain extent and I do get what your saying mate but I was on the QPR game as where many probably on here and like I said apart from his burst forward for the goal he looked lost almost reluctant to go forward whether that's his inexperience in that role or Martinez's instruction remains to be seen

That role for me is more suited to a player like Rooney who can spray the ball and play defence splitting passes but also go forward with it at his feet Barkley doesn't have that all round ability.... Yet

Besic can do the above and can also handle any defensive duties

Edited by EFC-Paul

Best I've seen of Barkley is when he's played deep.

Agreed. And agree with whoever above said he's not the best in the final third yet. His driving runs and ability to transiston are best in the box to box deep role.

He's a player you mold the system to, we shouldn't just play 4231 and he goes wherever. If he's really the future then make the system suit him and stones and the others. Put the old guys square pegs into round holes.

I thought his reaction for the booking was brilliant. Took no shit. Sudoku or whatever he's called needed butting.

Shocking decision from the ref how he got away with that I'll never know

The ref needed slap aswel I couldn't handle a cnut like that shouting in my face

Great performance from him I though he was our best player all round last night or very close to Lukaku.

There is no way Leicester will be as open, they will come here and get men behind the ball so it will be an entirely different game

I mean keep up the intensity and the pressing, cause Leicester to make a mistake or at least hurry them. Only way we could break down a team who park the bus. Instead of giving them the time to reset and organise, like we have done.

• 2 weeks later...