IGNORED

Ross Barkley

No doubt City are going to have a major overhaul. They have the oldest squad in the Premiership, just ahead of us and QPR.

I'm not sure they have the £ turnover to do it in line with FFP though. One to watch that.

Players will always be a target to keep in line with the homegrown rules.

Ha! Yeah, I suppose they'll brush any fine off. But I think expulsion from the Champs League will make them think. They'll lose a decent whack of cash if they were banned.

I couldn't see them ever getting expelled from it; more just financial penalties and having the CL squad size cut like last time.

In that case then, the whole thing is a farce isn't it? Unless you get expelled it's a pointless exercise!!

It most definitely is a farce. I'd love to be proved wrong and they do expel one of the big boys but I just couldn't see it. The only time they'd flex their muscle in that way would be if it was one of the smaller clubs in the CL.

If they get caught out next time their CL squad could be cut as low as 18, any fine won't bother them, but if their squad is that small they would struggle to keep a big squad if loads of them couldn't play CL.

Barkley won't leave this summer anyway.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-fear-evertons-ross-barkley-8963760

The answer is, probably because he doesn't have a load of nobhead scallies screaming abuse at him from the stands when he is not playing at Goodison

agreed dunc. you know it's bad when i can hear them screaming at him clear as day on a bad stream on the internet :(