IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Haha I understand your post MC but you must be pissed to compare him to those two!

I'm not a fan of seeing him play there personally he was absolutely shite against QPR bar his goal and doesn't have the brain for that kind of role

The likes of those you mentioned are footballing geniuses that can switch a game the tempo pick a match winning pass etc in an instant whereas Ross still has to let his head catch up with his feet which could potentially be why he may fall short of many people's expectations

I could be well wrong mind but personally I don't think his attributes really suite that role

Haha I understand your post MC but you must be pissed to compare him to those two!

I'm not a fan of seeing him play there personally he was absolutely shite against QPR bar his goal and doesn't have the brain for that kind of role

The likes of those you mentioned are footballing geniuses that can switch a game the tempo pick a match winning pass etc in an instant whereas Ross still has to let his head catch up with his feet which could potentially be why he may fall short of many people's expectations

I could be well wrong mind but personally I don't think his attributes really suite that role

Ok much better comparison - Toni Kroos - talk to me?

Don't agree he was piss against QPR! He looked good back there.

I still think he will be a much better player from deep than as a number ten.

I was ripped for it earlier in the season but I still stand by it..

Barkley hasn't got the desire to play as a forward player...he is not hungry enough!

He wants to sit back and start the play...and if he gets the opportunity to drive then he will....and we all know he is devastating when running from deep.

Barkley hasn't got the desire to play as a forward player...he is not hungry enough!

He wants to sit back and start the play...and if he gets the opportunity to drive then he will....and we all know he is devastating when running from deep.

With you on this one Shukes

I'd take his own words on board in regards to desire to play further forward which he's stated of late

This isn't a dig Shukes but a genuine question as I know it can look different at times depending on where people watch the game etc but did you go on?

I seriously thought he looked anonymous for the most part and all he did was pass it back he looked lost back there

He's either played centrally or further up for me personally I guess we will see how he fairs further down the line

Edited by EFC-Paul

It's not about comparing the players like for like in terms of who is better. I agree with mc, shock. Why shouldn't Barkley play deeper. He needs to take more ownership for the game. I'm sick of seeing him half arsed as if winning the ball is not his job.

Time to make the lad have more responsibility. Simple as that. Take the arm bands off and make him swim.

Your all wrong... Fuck off the lot of you :)

I knew what MC was getting at Haf I was having a joke he's got the ability that isn't my issue it's his mentality and "footballing brain" if you will that concerns me and the only thing really holding him back and generally the top players that play in that role/position have a great footballing brain

Maybe as you say give him free reign and let him loose and leave him to its the answer

I suppose if Martinez brings in the right players moreso a good creative mid then he would be better coming forward from deep but I do personally think Besic has the better qualities to play that role

Edited by EFC-Paul

It has to be Besic in that role. He has more motm awards than any other player and he's only played half the games.

Hope he doesnt do a Garbutt on us.

See I've banged on about this for a long time.

WE DONT NEED TWO SITTING MIDFIELDERS.

We need someone who can get on the ball and pick passes (Gibson) or someone who can join in and carry the ball forward from a sitting position (Barkley)

It has to be Besic in that role. He has more motm awards than any other player and he's only played half the games.

Hope he doesnt do a Garbutt on us.

He has four years left on his contract so the circumstances are completely different. I think and hope he has a big future with us; Bainsey spent a lot of his first season on the bench with Lescott being played out of position ahead of him. Mo's time will come.

We need someone who can get on the ball and pick passes (Gibson) or someone who can join in and carry the ball forward from a sitting position (Barkley)

I'm with MC on this.

Having two defensive mid severely restricts us.

Either get McCartney playing more like the last few games, put Barkley alongside him...it being in a box to box midfielder to make that link between defense and attack.

I'm with MC on this.

Having two defensive mid severely restricts us.

Either get McCartney playing more like the last few games, put Barkley alongside him...it being in a box to box midfielder to make that link between defense and attack.

He's a nowhere man him, living on his past successes, seen much better in my life.

Sorry Marco :P.

Spot on. Besic is the McCarthy replacement. We'll need money next year or the year after and McCarthy will sell for 30m in his prime, meanwhile mo is being groomed to replace him. Vault me.

How anyone cansay this lad is a potential world class player is beyond me. 50 million? Not in a billion years he was absolutely shocking today and if it was just today I could accept it but it's been week in week out for most of the season bar the very odd decent (not even brilliant) game.

We should get shut now for a good price (in reality highway robbery) before everyone else starts realising what a lot already know.

How anyone cansay this lad is a potential world class player is beyond me. 50 million? Not in a billion years he was absolutely shocking today and if it was just today I could accept it but it's been week in week out for most of the season bar the very odd decent (not even brilliant) game.

We should get shut now for a good price (in reality highway robbery) before everyone else starts realising what a lot already know.

Fully agree pad, when I suggested this some weeks ago I was called from a pig to a dog

when we criticise our own its for the sake of the team not an ego trip to prove we know more or less than anyone else

although some of the comments on here make you wonder.

Fully agree pad, when I suggested this some weeks ago I was called from a pig to a dog

when we criticise our own its for the sake of the team not an ego trip to prove we know more or less than anyone else

although some of the comments on here make you wonder.

Don't remember seeing anyone call you that crusty, or anything approaching it. Post the evidence and we'll take action against those concerned though because that's not acceptable. Equally if you can't show the evidence best to take the accusation back.