IGNORED

Royston Drenthe

So we sign him on a 2 yr contract and it doesnt work out we still get money for him, as it stands we get nothing. God knows why you keep bringing Vdm up, is this the only dutch player you know?

We can't sign him on a 2 year contact, because he is contracted to another club for 1 year, and that club has let us have him for the remainder of the contract.

Only when he is released from that contract can we talk to him, or he can sign a pre-contract if he is in the last 6 months of his contract as far as I'm aware, just like Beckford did.

HB, I'm pretty fair minded, but I'm starting to wonder if you thrive on controversy.

It's your good self that needs to think about what you write.

Let me put it clearly:

We have employed the guy for 1 seasons worth of football. We won't get anything at the end of it, and nor should we, because we're not paying for anything at the end of it.

After 1 season, he has done his job, and is free to do what he wants. If we want further services, we then have to attract him like any other club, and sit down to discuss.

He isn't expected to do us special favours, or show us loyalty, or even like us.

One season only - that's it.

Not difficult to understand, we will have a paid a loan fee anyway so sign the lad on a 2 yr contract and then were in the pole position to either sell him and make money or try and secure him on a longer contract.

As for the 1st bit, i have problems talking to the stupid, they annoy me. Especially one with a pic and sig of 1 of the worst players in recent memory

So we sign him on a 2 yr contract and it doesnt work out we still get money for him, as it stands we get nothing. God knows why you keep bringing Vdm up, is this the only dutch player you know?

nothin to do with the dutch thing it's to do with the fact we had a good player who had problems and didn't perform for us..you know damn well that's what he mean you're obviously just bein a prick for the sake of it

Not difficult to understand, we will have a paid a loan fee anyway so sign the lad on a 2 yr contract and then were in the pole position to either sell him and make money or try and secure him on a longer contract.

As for the 1st bit, i have problems talking to the stupid, they annoy me. Especially one with a pic and sig of 1 of the worst players in recent memory

How can we sign him on a 2 year contract mate?

We would have to buy him, and release him from Madrid's contract, in order to do that. Madrid don't have 2 years to negotiate. Only 1.

Not quite sure what your getting confused about mate. Just sold 15m worth of talent

You seem to want this guy on a 2 year contract. How exactly can that have happened?

I can let you watch my Virgin tv for a year, but after that, I have no contract with Virgin, so can't possibly allow you to watch it for 2 years. Madrid can't possibly loan us this guy for 2 years.

You seem to want this guy on a 2 year contract. How exactly can that have happened?

I can let you watch my Virgin tv for a year, but after that, I have no contract with Virgin, so can't possibly allow you to watch it for 2 years. Madrid can't possibly loan us this guy for 2 years.

What are you getting confused about? Do you know clubs can buy other players?

What are you getting confused about? Do you know clubs can buy other players?

No, you're wrong.

For Madrid to sell Drenthe, Drenthe must agree.

Drenthe is probably seeing out his contract, so Madrid have loaned him out, in order to get him out of the way, or offload his wages, or what ever the reason is.

We can't sign him permanently, because he is still Madrids property.

In 6 months of his Madrid contract ending, he can sign a pre-contract with us, which is not legally binding that I'm aware of, should he want to.

I was thinking how miserable he looked, but to be fair, some guys don't like smiling, or think it spoils their image. Look at Grahame Sharp for an example of this.

I'm sure if he didn't want to come here he wouldn't have.

Come on photoshop king - give him an Andi Peters smile!!!

No, you're wrong.

For Madrid to sell Drenthe, Drenthe must agree.

Drenthe is probably seeing out his contract, so Madrid have loaned him out, in order to get him out of the way, or offload his wages, or what ever the reason is.

We can't sign him permanently, because he is still Madrids property.

In 6 months of his Madrid contract ending, he can sign a pre-contract with us, which is not legally binding that I'm aware of, should he want to.

Am saying we should have tried to buy him, if the player says no then we should have moved on