IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Use Everton to get him ready for United then, sounds about right. Hopefully it's a non story anyway.

bit cynical mate! but I wouldnt worry, if this is the type of rumour coming out, hes not going anywhere. Like previously mentioned - no quotes and a bullshit pricetag.

There was a rumour a few years ago that when Utd were apparently chasing Rodwell, they were actually after Barkely.

Id swap him for Rooney if Moyes is really interested ;)

Edited by Matt

bit cynical mate! but I wouldnt worry, if this is the type of rumour coming out, hes not going anywhere. Like previously mentioned - no quotes and a bullshit pricetag.

There was a rumour a few years ago that when Utd were apparently chasing Rodwell, they were actually after Barkely.

Id swap him for Rooney if Moyes is really interested wink.png

Me to :-), hopefully new gaffer will give him game time next year so we can sell him for 20+ mill then :-)

Ye i agree.

We dont need to sell players especially promising ones.

To be honest i think Ross must be thinking this could be his big chance with us now. He made a breakthrough towards the end of the season and has chance to push on now.

Moyes will try to get himon the cheap but we need to resist and keep him.

Ross should look at Rooney. At everton he was a potential world beater. He left for Man U and became a really good player. But i cant help but think Rooney has been stiffled at Man U. Do you want that Ross.

Ross should look at Rooney. At everton he was a potential world beater. He left for Man U and became a really good player. But i cant help but think Rooney has been stiffled at Man U.

Totally agree with this. People think I'm mad when I say it though.

Build a team around an unproven youngster ? dont%20know.gif

It wasn't long ago that Barkley was a new name to most fans, and it's not like he's set the world alight since, having suffered a broken leg in 2010, which really set him back. He needs to gain more experience, so he is psychologically prepared in order to be natural and calm on the pitch, and I was personally disappointed that Moyes brought him back off loan. He's not ready for the Prem yet in my opinion, so not sure how we can look at him as a foundation in which to 'build upon' Romes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this linked somewhere else but can only find it on the most reliable wesbite going :-/. (Will try and find another link)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/315562Manchester-United-boss-David-Moyes-plans-swoop-for-Everton-midfielder-Ross-BarkleyManchester-United-boss-David-Moyes-plans-swoop-for-Everton-midfielder-Ross-Barkley

I don't think there is any truth in it as I don't think Moyes believes in Barkley as much as Rooney but saying that Barkley could shine at a club like United with the players at their peril. It wouldn't be a great loss but if he did go to United then obviously Moyes would believe in the lad.

The lad has magic in his boots and some say he's not yet ready. You can't how to swim without getting in the water. Yeah he's gonna make mistakes, so called superstars do it all the time.

Against arsenal in his strongest position he proved everything I've already seen in him, he's a game changer. Carzorla, hazard, Oscar, mata, silva. Yep, in that ilk of player that makes teams believe they can score as long as they are on the pitch.

Martinez won't be putting the shackles on him and giving him 10 minutes on the right wing. This is the perfect manager for Ross.

Don't really think you can put a proper market value on this type of player. Needs a season of starting more or less every game. I'd hope Osman becomes the backup. With Fellaini and Gibson in behind, Ross would have a free hand and could play far enough up the pitch that we could afford the inevitable mistakes.

You can't build a team around Barkley he isn't a proven youngster. If anything we should be building a team around Fellaini, Baines, Jelavic.

A player you build around is someone who requires specific traits in the team play in order to flourish. I would say Fellaini and Baines are supplemntary players to that individual. Barkley is definately a player who can provide so much creativity providing we supplement him with the right destroyers and work horses behind him (McCarthy, Fellaini)

The question I guess is Jelavic a player we should build around??? I guess it's fair to say that we already have those players, it's just that Moyes style of play meant that Jelavic became surrounded by centre halves waiiting for flick ons off Felli headers (from long balls). He needs to be the recipient on the end of slick quick passes that allow him the opportunity to get space by clever movement.

He could flourish under Martinez.

He had a good game against Arsenal but apart from that when he has been playing he looks a bit scared sometimes. Heavy touches, wild tackles. This comes with confidence and if he is given game time next season then lets hope we can see him blossom but not just yet anyway.

Thats because Arsenal was the first time he was actually played in his proper position. Moyes deployed him on the wings.... like he tends to with most young players.

Expect to see Phil Jones gurning away getting chalk on his boots this season.

I think it's best for fans to take their focus off Barkley if we want the best from him. There is far too much expectancy, and he should be allowed to progress at his own pace.

Ain't gonna happen unfortunately Av, after seeing Rooney and his impact the fans have a hunger to see the next homegrown superstar. Barkley for me has unbelievable raw talent - it just needs to come out.

Looking at what Martinez has done with McMananaman and Maloney gives me massive hope, they play with a confidence and no fear, exactly what Ross did when he ran the show against QPR.

That's what I think as well but I don't think he is as good as people have made out. He played well against Arsenal but in other games he looks like he can't play football at times. Heavy touches, tries to much and 70% of the time doesn't work out.

I have to put my hat of to him though every game I have watched him play in he has worked his socks off. If he can keep that up then he will feature this term deffo.

Edited by bluenosetoffee

i have followed Barkleys carear carefully and have to point out a few things.

Many people who know him will tell you much of what he tries does not come off simply because he is on a different wavelenght than the rest of his age group. a great comment i heard while watchine an under 20 england match " most people watching that probably think that was a lucky pass as it seemed to bobble up and over a player before landing at his team mates feet.....well let me tell you, he meant that, thats how good he is ".

Anyone see his Gazza mixed with Bergcamp goal for the under 21s? amazinf skill.

Barkley is special trust me. he might not be moving at the same breakthrough speed that Rooney did but he is special.

His bad tackles come from his enthusiasm to make up for a bad pass. That will come with experience and more game time.

You can build a team around Barkley, the word build means to start from the foundations. You dont even need Barkley in th team yet to build around him.

a good manager will not just think about the next twelve months but also start planiing a team around his youngsters. Martinez will do this.

Lets face it, even our best players make mistakes.

Look at Gibbo, we talk him up like he is our best and most trusted defensive midfileder, but towards the end of the season he reminded me more of Fergies big mistake that he will never admit to ( Carrick ). Yet still we see the value in him.

He should possibly try to just keep it simple, and try to stay on the field without making mistakes, like silly tackles, or losing the ball. Losing the ball in attack is much more dangerous than not having possession, as it catches everybody out.

He's end up like Ray Wilkins great skill but always passing sideways.

Completely agree with Shukes, Barkley is a great talent, and that talent will only develop while playing in the first team. We will reap the benefits in the long run.

Ahhhhh someone who doesn't wait to see the near end product as potential.

The mistakes you make give you the potential you have, the great things you can do is where you already are. The lad is already the best creative player we have, he already is the best passer of a long ball (Gibson maybe aside).

What Moyes seen was a player who could give the ball away in bad areas, what I seen was a player who could win a game with one pass or shot. Decision is what do you do, try and stop the team losing based on the bad pass or help the team win with a great pass.

I'd actually go with the latter, he needs to make mistakes! For those who doubt the need to do so, look at early career of gazza, (before he became arguably the best player in the world - pre 1990)

I think this could be the proper breakthrough season for Barkley. What he does need is a few runs off games in the team. We had a glimpse of this with Spurs, Arsenal at the end of the season, wasn't great against Spurs, but vastly improvement in the following game against Arsenal. It is going to take half a dozen games for him to settle as 19 years old playing in front of 30 to 40,000 people.

As Haf says you need to make a few mistakes on the way, but as long as the good stuff out ways the mistakes on the way, why not see him get a couple of stints of run of 10-12 games next season. Would save use a few bob next year or allow it to be spent in other areas.

I think Martinez will use him a little more. (maybe Moyes would have used him more next season after giving him a go in what were big games against Spurs and Arsenal at the end of the season.

I think that Barkley will flourish under Martinez and will show his true quality I also think quite a few other young lads may get introduced at the right times and will make a promising impression. That is certainky a positive attribute Roberto Martinez has he knows how to hand youth arguably well and I will look forward to hopefully seeing more of Shane Duffy, John lundstram, Vellios and other promising young players.

I think that Barkley will flourish under Martinez and will show his true quality I also think quite a few other young lads may get introduced at the right times and will make a promising impression. That is certainky a positive attribute Roberto Martinez has he knows how to hand youth arguably well and I will look forward to hopefully seeing more of Shane Duffy, John lundstram, Vellios and other promising young players.

I'm so excited to see a manager use substitutions as a serious tactical move and not just a gesture to get a well performing player a standing ovation.