IGNORED

World Cup Goals and Referees

The Beard

1. Which years saw a player score his countries final goal of the tournament then four years later his countries first goal of the tournament.

2. For comic effect, who was the Scottish referre in the 1954 finals, a rather apt name? Englands referee in the 1950 and 54 finals became famous for appearing on what television show, who is he?. What was the name of the Egyptian referee in the 1974 finals?

OK the referees I just happen to know....honestunsure.png .

Charlie Faultlessrofl.gif .

Arthur Ellis (which I knew, and shouldn't have had to goog er think about), It's a Knock Out....which I loved as a kid..Jeux Sans Frontières even.

and Mustafa Kamel....which I also remember but could never have summoned up without the inter hypnotism.

laugh.png Blindingly obvious when you think about it....Geoff Hurst 66/70smile.png .

That is correct Mike but I should have phrased the question better. It should have been a scorer in the final itself (the last game) and the first goal in the first game of the next tournament, that is Allessandro Altobelli of Italy in 82 and 86. Well you get two answers for the price of one.

The referees are as you said. The Scottish referee was Charles Faultless, the English referee was Arthur Ellis who did indeed star in It's a Knockout and the Egyptian referee was the superbly named Mustafa Kamel. yay.gif

Edited by The Beard