IGNORED

Beckham Considers American Adventure

BECKHAM CONSIDERS AMERICAN ADVENTURE

England skipper David Beckham has insisted he wants to continue playing at the top level for the forseeable future but admits he may end his playing days in the United States.

Ahead of Saturday's World Cup quarter-final with Portugal, Beckham is only seven caps away from reaching the coveted 100 mark for England.

But the 31-year-old has no intention of retiring for several more years which could mean him breaking Peter Shilton's record of 125 caps.

The Real Madrid midfielder said: "Only time will tell how physically I will feel playing at the highest level but I've always said I want to play at the highest level for a few more years yet.

"I've got that planned out and going to America is one of the ideas I've thought about for the future.

"But at the moment I'm a Real Madrid player, I'm playing for England in the World Cup and it doesn't get much higher or bigger than that."

Beckham admitted the support of the England fans in Germany and back home is acting as a massive spur for the players.

He said: "The support is the one thing that pushes the players on and gives us a lift - seeing the way the fans are at home.

"We've always said when we've been involved in big games and won them that we love to see the fans' reaction because it's incredible. To have the support that we've got at home is a big plus for us."

Beckham is content with the privacy England's hotel hideway affords the players, despite criticism of it being so remote.

He said: "It's in the middle of nowhere but for me it's perfect because it's away from everything. It's very quiet and I'm relaxed.

"But we've also got the option that the families are only 15 or 20 minutes away in Baden-Baden so we also have that option which is nice."

BECKHAM CONSIDERS AMERICAN ADVENTURE

England skipper David Beckham has insisted he wants to continue playing at the top level for the forseeable future but admits he may end his playing days in the United States.

Ahead of Saturday's World Cup quarter-final with Portugal, Beckham is only seven caps away from reaching the coveted 100 mark for England.

But the 31-year-old has no intention of retiring for several more years which could mean him breaking Peter Shilton's record of 125 caps.

The Real Madrid midfielder said: "Only time will tell how physically I will feel playing at the highest level but I've always said I want to play at the highest level for a few more years yet.

"I've got that planned out and going to America is one of the ideas I've thought about for the future.

"But at the moment I'm a Real Madrid player, I'm playing for England in the World Cup and it doesn't get much higher or bigger than that."

Beckham admitted the support of the England fans in Germany and back home is acting as a massive spur for the players.

He said: "The support is the one thing that pushes the players on and gives us a lift - seeing the way the fans are at home.

"We've always said when we've been involved in big games and won them that we love to see the fans' reaction because it's incredible. To have the support that we've got at home is a big plus for us."

Beckham is content with the privacy England's hotel hideway affords the players, despite criticism of it being so remote.

He said: "It's in the middle of nowhere but for me it's perfect because it's away from everything. It's very quiet and I'm relaxed.

"But we've also got the option that the families are only 15 or 20 minutes away in Baden-Baden so we also have that option which is nice."

34427[/snapback]

:D think becks is in the team 4 set plays an dead ball situations otherwise hes poo :lol: and a ponce ;) yanks will love him :blink: