IGNORED

Tapatalk

FanchesterCity

Not sure how many users of the forum are geeks, or into Apps for their phone etc,

But there's a damn good app called Tapatalk that allows folks to participate on fora like this from their phone / ipad etc etc.

It's free, but it requires the owner / admin of this board to add a Tapatalk feature to the board (also free).

Anybody looked into it?

A few other forums use it too - Bluemoon, Red and White Kop, RedCafe etc

Yes it lets users use the forum from a phone. But, it's a proper application rather than just a different web interface / css scheme.

It's for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and more and works with the majority of leading boards like this. The majority of you will probably end up with such a phone in the not too distant future. (Choose Android by the way!)

has anybody seen that new John Smiths advert?... guite funny.

Two blokes in the pub...

One bloke says "I've just used my new phone to setup my Sky+ to record the new series of such and such"

other bloke says "oh, fancy phone, sounds a bit too technical and like hard work for me"

First bloke says "oh it's easy, I just texted the mrs at home and told her to get it recorded!"

has anybody seen that new John Smiths advert?... guite funny.

Two blokes in the pub...

One bloke says "I've just used my new phone to setup my Sky+ to record the new series of such and such"

other bloke says "oh, fancy phone, sounds a bit too technical and like hard work for me"

First bloke says "oh it's easy, I just texted the mrs at home and told her to get it recorded!"

Haha :lol: thats quite funny, will look out for that one!

Tapatalk is kinda different - it works across multiple devices, but also combines multiple boards - so if you're on other boards too (like phpBB based board etc) it will work with those too (providing the forum owner has enabled it).

It's kinda like one app for you to browse all your forums. Horses for courses really, but Louis enabled tapatalk within a few minutes - so a happy client here!

Tapatalk is kinda different - it works across multiple devices, but also combines multiple boards - so if you're on other boards too (like phpBB based board etc) it will work with those too (providing the forum owner has enabled it).

It's kinda like one app for you to browse all your forums. Horses for courses really, but Louis enabled tapatalk within a few minutes - so a happy client here!

Multiple devices? there is only iphone

Multiple boards? other than toffeetalk there are no other boards! (well, avforums but thats it)