IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised nobody said Howard Wilkinson with Leeds but of course they were champions in 1991/92 and won the second divsion title in 1989/90, not the previous year, that was Oldham Athletic if memory serves, Royle was manager at the time

I'm fairly sure it's Alf Ramsey with Ipswich in 1960-61, and 1961-62, two years later they were even relegated I think so the success was short lived

Surprised nobody said Howard Wilkinson with Leeds but of course they were champions in 1991/92 and won the second divsion title in 1989/90, not the previous year, that was Oldham Athletic if memory serves, Royle was manager at the time

I'm fairly sure it's Alf Ramsey with Ipswich in 1960-61, and 1961-62, two years later they were even relegated I think so the success was short lived

That sounds right. Not sure he was the last one to do it but I am certain Ramsey did it in 61 and 62. Damn hard for an old fart like me to remember that far back.

Wednesday's answer: Diego Penny (Burnley, 2009–10), Claudio Pizarro (Chelsea, 2007–08), Nolberto Solano (Newcastle United, Aston Villa, West Ham, 1998–2008) and Ysrael Zúñiga (Coventry City, 1999–2001).

Thursday 5th January 2012

Which two players finished as the Top Flight's highest goalscorers in season 1980-81 with 20 goals each?

Got to be someone from Aston Villa or Ipswich

I'll say Peter Withe and Alan Brazil

You got the Villa part right - it was Peter Withe of Aston Villa and Steve Archibald of Tottenham Hotspur.

They both scored two goals each in the 1981 Charity Shield at Wembley.

Friday 6th January 2012

Which two Brazilian footballers, affiliated with English clubs at the time, participated in FIFA World Cup Finals?

Both for Arsenal Gilberto and the full-back at the time whose name i cant remember Edison or Eduardo?

Gilberto Silva (Arsenal, 2006) & Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur, 2010).

Saturday 7th January 2012

Which four clubs have beaten Leicester City in FA Cup Finals?

Gilberto Silva (Arsenal, 2006) & Heurelho Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur, 2010).

Saturday 7th January 2012

Which four clubs have beaten Leicester City in FA Cup Finals?

City were one, as they beat us in the semis. Leicester were pretty decent in the 60's so I'm going to guess that Spurs were another, as Spurs were the cup kings at the time. No idea about the others. United and Arsenal?

City were one, as they beat us in the semis. Leicester were pretty decent in the 60's so I'm going to guess that Spurs were another, as Spurs were the cup kings at the time. No idea about the others. United and Arsenal?

Wolverhampton Wanderers (1949), Tottenham Hotspur (1961), Manchester United (1963) and Manchester City (1969).

Sunday 8th January 2012

Which club were the first to win the FA Cup & Youth (U-18s) FA Cup in the same season?

Wolverhampton Wanderers (1949), Tottenham Hotspur (1961), Manchester United (1963) and Manchester City (1969).

Sunday 8th January 2012

Which club were the first to win the FA Cup & Youth (U-18s) FA Cup in the same season?

For Spurs supporters this one probably hurts. It was Arsenal 1971. (My memory works when it is given a good kicking)

It has to be a local affair so probably something like Belgium and France, very hard question this, who's going to know, it's just wild stabs in the dark

Believe it or not, it was The United States of America v Canada in Newark, New Jersey, USA on 28th November 1885.

Canada won 1-0.

Tuesday 10th January 2012

Which four footballers have all won Premier League Player of the Month Awards with Newcastle United?