IGNORED

Football Trivia Question of the Day

Bill

Q: Which four managers have won the European Cup Winners' Cup twice each?

A: Alex Ferguson (Aberdeen & Manchester United), Johan Cruyff (Ajax & Barcelona), Nereo Rocco (AC Milan) & Valeri Lobanovsky (Dynamo Kiev).

Todays trivia ........

Q: Who was the only Italian player affiliated with an English club to appear in a FIFA World Cup Final ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Which four managers have won the European Cup Winners' Cup twice each?

A: Alex Ferguson (Aberdeen & Manchester United), Johan Cruyff (Ajax & Barcelona), Nereo Rocco (AC Milan) & Valeri Lobanovsky (Dynamo Kiev).

Todays trivia ........

Q: Who was the only Italian player affiliated with an English club to appear in a FIFA World Cup Final ?

World Cup just gone? Think it was Aquilani but he was on loan? Was also think Balotelli but think he signed just after....

i'm thinkin it must be a chelsea player..can't think of any other big name italians really so i'm lookin along the lines of vialli, zola or di matteo? not been that many big italian players in the prem when you think of it

Ferreria or whatever their defender is called?

Did they have to be playing for the English club at the time of playing in the final or having just played for an English at some point? If it's the latter you could say Materazzi.

Yeah, but i shouldnt be getting into any dialogue, its not a quiz as such, just a bit of trivia.

A:Roberto Di Matteo with Chelsea at the 1998 Finals in France.

Todays Trivia.......

Q: Which three English managers are the only ones to have won all three major English domestic trophies ?.

Jeez can't even think of a recent English manager to have won the league. Don't think Clough won the FA Cup, Kendall didn't win League Cup. One must be Bob Paisley, Howard Wilkinson,nah don't think he won the FA Cup. Got to be earlier than 80's Bill. So my three guesses will be Paisley, Revie, not sure on League cup for Leeds, and Wilkinson but not confident.

i've been asked this before by a chap who always asks daft questions in pub(carl crook if anyone is a boxing fan)..i remember 2 for sure cos 2 involved everton...joe mercer who played for us won them all with city..and bill nicholson who won them all with spurs..connected to everton cos they beat us 10-4 under him and i looked that score up first time i heard it and it stuck to me til we repay the bastards :lol: fucked if i know the 3rd one

Q: Which three English managers are the only ones to have won all three major English domestic trophies ?.

A: Bill Nicholson (League Championship, FA Cup x 3, League Cup x 2), Don Revie (League Championship x 2, FA Cup, League Cup), and Joe Mercer (League Championship, FA Cup, League Cup x 2).

Todays trivia

Who is the only player to score goals for six different clubs in the Premier League. ?

That is unfortunate Bill. I never Google as you know, but I was researching this very subject to ask the same question about half an hour ago. (I knew one name but I wanted to check it out.) I now have five names of players who have achieved this feat. Best if I don't answer it now. If only you had posted this an hour ago. LOL or if only I had posted it yesterday.

Sod's law.

Bellamy has played for Coventry, Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle, Blacburn and West Ham. Don't know if any where loans and he didn't score though. Robbie Keane, Wolves, Coventry, Liverpool, Spurs, West Ham and Leeds

Don't know if they scored goals in Prem for them teams though?

i've got all 5 after a think(well i think i have)

first 2 that leapt to mind were les ferdinand and nick barmby

then came marcus bent as i was thinkin about journeymen we've had

craig bellamy cos he's been everywhere

and i'm pretty sure andy cole dotted about a few clubs and scored a few for each

next :P

Q Who are the only players to score goals for six different clubs in the Premier League. ?

A: Nick Barmby, Craig Bellamy, Marcus Bent, Andy Cole and Les Ferdinand.

Todays trivia question .....

Q: Which club had shirts sponsored by Whyte and Mackay in the Premier League. ?