IGNORED

The National Anthem

what is it with the english fans? why do they always sing god save the queen over and over again? i'm sure most of them wouldn't even piss on her if she was on fire. and its not as if they're short of a few chants. explain!!!

34952[/snapback]

Because its our national anthem, and for many its very emotional, patriotic and uplifting and Im sure if the queen was on fire the would be plenty of people wanting to put it out

I have always felt Jerusalem is the song for us to have as a National anthem.

ATB

Mac

35073[/snapback]

Not very proper to have a nationl antherm song about a town in Israel

As Billy connoly said, it shoulod be the theme from the archers

I like some of the Latin American ones...Big orchestral jobs where the words never seem to suit the tune.

Or they drag on for an hour & suddenly it burst's in to a volley of non matching words & shouting ( Im figuring thats when the tin pot regimes in charge of many of these latin American nations start pointing the rifles) via the proud citizens singing.

I loves the scene Where all the players & fan's in stadium singing look like there str8 out of a Sergio Leone Spahgetti western. ( That would be Terence Hill & Bud Spencer flicks for the younger)........ :D:D:D

I like the Italian national antham (If its the na na ne na italia...it just makes me laugh :D )...anway....

Im not arsed about the anthem to be honest, as long as zcars keeps playin at Goodison they can play boyzone for the england matches for all i care

I like the Italian national antham (If its the na na ne na italia...it just makes me laugh :D )...anway....

Im not arsed about the anthem to be honest, as long as zcars keeps playin at Goodison they can play boyzone for the england matches for all i care

35255[/snapback]

Boyzone are Irish, I would prefer Take That. :huh:

ATB

Mac

British national anthem is a depressing dirge in my opinion. Also a bit much to ask the Scots to sing a song which includes the verse...

Lord grant that Marshal Wade

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush.

God save the Queen!

England should, without a doubt, have a new anthem God save the queen should be dumped for all time. Have a competition to write a new one...my money would be on Billy Bragg to come up with something...or Take That :unsure: .

well 28% of tourist income and half of all tourists who come here come to see the monarchy.

im all for a monarchy but changen the national anthem its boring

35371[/snapback]

Good call on both points mate.

ATB

Mac

:(

why all british hate national anthem "God save our gracious Queen" !

i love it so much and i downloaded it !

there can be hope only for a society which act as one big family ! not as many separate ones !

and i see the strong in uk not in england alone or scotland alone

look at the the islamic countries now its weak becouse it not 1 country

and look at united state , strong becouse its united

i hope u understad my weak inglish :lol:

Edited by prince of egypt