IGNORED

Everton v Blackburn

FairWooney

Someone try and justify Vellios not playing ahead of Saha for this game.

He's just scored a hat trick for the reserves against Blackburn reserves, I doubt Saha would have managed a shot on target let alone 3 goals against their reserves.

Howard

Hibbert Duffy Heitinga Baines

Drenthe Fellaini Gibson Donovan

Anichebe Vellios

Hopefully Rodwell will be fully fit but i'd start with this team, Drenthe and Donovan can switch as they wish and provide most of our attacking flair. Gibson to play the forward balls to either them on the wings or the 2 strikers.

I think we'll win 2-0.

Vellios (if he bloody plays) and Donovan.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could we not just give Saha a months wages in a briefcase and tell him to go and have a nice holiday. Would save Moyes the trouble of feeling like he must select him every week.

It's getting ridiculous now, he looks nothing like the striker that scored so many goals for Fulham or in between injuries put in some class performances for Man utd. The sad thing is it can't be blamed on fitness or injuries, he's been fit and playing now for longer than ever and he can't hit the target to save his life.

I don't think I can handle watching another 70 minutes of Saha wondering around and occasional putting the ball into the crowd. (thankfully i won't have to as i'll be watching the top scorer in the English Pyramid system banging the goals in for my local team instead!)

(thankfully i won't have to as i'll be watching the top scorer in the English Pyramid system banging the goals in for my local team instead!)

Thirty nine goals!? Sign him uptongue.png .

Team's doing well for a first season Wooney....is the stadium big enough to progress?

our stadium is probably good enough for a step or 2 below Conference I'd imagine Mike.

It's our Island athletics track as well and hosted the island games. The stand holds about 1000 and is full at every match (sold out weeks in advance) and always plenty in standing as well.

So far as other required facilities go were probably about there but I guess in future may have to make a few minor improvements to things. won't be a problem for next season anyway!

Our star striker has been rumoured with Swindon Town who have been scouting him but he seems to be happy at the moment.

---

Back to the excitement of Everton and Blackburn! unsure.png

Osman has had an opration to remove a piece of bone so it'd be a miracle if he gets on the bench wouldn't it?

Moyes has a thing for starting injured players this season so I'd imagine Ossie would get the full 90 on Saturday!

As for the result we seem to have got Blackburn at a bad time, they have just bounced Fulham 3-1 (with 10 men) and although Yakubu will be watching from the stands I think that it's going to be a lot harder than it sounds aganst the Rovers. I'll fully expect a win at home and I think we have the team to do it but I can see us coming away from Goodison on Saturday with a scrappy 1-1 draw.

Would like to see:

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Duffy Baines

Rodwell Felliani Barkley

Baxter Vellios Gueye

Not going to happen any time soon but would like to see how that team would get on

Maybe put Donovan in for either because I think he has done well.

I still think Drenthe is better as a high energy sub though

Howard

nev Duffy Heitinga Baines

Donovan cahill Gibson Drenthe

Anichebe Vellios

2-0 home win.... duffy first goal.

Dropping Felli? Id put him in instead of Cahill but other wise agree. We have to attack them, absolutely have to batter them. Unfortunately, since we cant buy a clean sheet and Blackburn are hitting a bit of form im going with a nervy 1-1 draw, maybe pipping it 2-1

from what iv seen of him aginst villa........hes not good enough, to many waisted passes and lack of effort! #just saying!

I've read that before in the match thread (I think it was Romey), but reality seems to disagree with those opinions. According to Guardian chalkboards he made the most good passes of the entire team (58) and he had only 10 misplaced passes. (Cahill had a 39-9-ratio, Gibson a 45-9-ratio).

I've read that before in the match thread (I think it was Romey), but reality seems to disagree with those opinions. According to Guardian chalkboards he made the most good passes of the entire team (58) and he had only 10 misplaced passes. (Cahill had a 39-9-ratio, Gibson a 45-9-ratio).

I probably just noticed it more with Felli because it doesn't tend to happen all that much tbf.

I probably just noticed it more with Felli because it doesn't tend to happen all that much tbf.

I think the grand total of his misplaced passes in the match against Villa was about the same as it always is. Maybe you just thought it because some of those bad passes were way off (like the one he played to the left which ended a couple of yards behind Drenthe)?

Lawro's Prediction for Everton v Blackburn

Blackburn had an outstanding result last weekend to beat Fulham with 10 men. As I keep saying, every time I've seen them they have been in every game, have always had chances and have suffered very few heavy defeats.

They are dogged and determined and there is no question they are playing for their manager Steve Kean despite the stick he has been getting.

But this is an Everton team that could do with a bit of good news themselves at the moment after a few iffy performances, and a comfortable home win is definitely within them if they do find some form.

The other thing about Blackburn is whether defender Chris Samba plays after handing in a transfer request, because he is a very influential player for them.

I'm interested in seeing where Samba does end up if Rovers do sell him, because he is what I would describe as a really good 'head it, kick it, clear it' centre-back and I don't think he is great on the ball.

Tottenham are supposed to have their eye on him, but I'm not sure that a team which will be playing in the Champions League will want him, because what happens to players like him there is that they get singled out.

Opposing teams at the very top level would let him have the ball because there is as much chance of him passing the ball to the opposition as there is to a team-mate.

Prediction: Everton 2-0 Blackburn