IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we'll see much in the transfer market for the next few weeks with the drop in the pound.

I'm unsure how much this affects us, mostly because I'm unfamiliar with the way financial regulation works (or if there is any) when it comes to buying players, especially those within the Euro zone. A lot must also depend on where, in what market and in what form Moshiri's liquid assets are. Maybe he has been largely unaffected by the drop in the conversion rate for the pound. So, I'd assume the club's value has taken some hit this week, but I'm unsure that the value of Moshiri's liquid assets have. But, again, I have no familiarity with the way money has to be spent under FFP and what the regulations there are in the England and Europe for this kind of business.

The more I look into the world of finance and markets, the more I realize that there is a distinct class of people that live in a completely different world than you and I. A total mindfuck.

Value of pound has tanked so buying players from outside the UK is going to be more expensive. The trouble is the pound could fall even further depending the speculation around the settlement we get. Could be cheaper to buy now! Thank you everyone who voted out!

But are we even spending pounds when we buy players now? What is the source of the funds we are using? If they are directly coming from Moshiri, they are likely not just being kept in a bank account in Britain. A lot would depend on where/how those funds originate.

But are we even spending pounds when we buy players now? What is the source of the funds we are using? If they are directly coming from Moshiri, they are likely not just being kept in a bank account in Britain. A lot would depend on where/how those funds originate.

It would come from EFC who operate in the UK so it would be pounds, we have to be the ones to buy the player so the money has to come from us, not a third party.

It would come from EFC who operate in the UK so it would be pounds, we have to be the ones to buy the player so the money has to come from us, not a third party.

Okay. But, if he's putting assets into the club that haven't been devalued, then they are just worth more in pounds...

Who is he? What position does he play? Is he actually any good?

Uruguayan forward. I think he's decent, though the price seems a little high. He's only 23 though. He had 9 goals in 22(9) at Bourdeaux last season according to Whoscored.com.

Edit: I honestly can't tell what is a good price/bad price with so much inflation in the market lately.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Who is he? What position does he play? Is he actually any good?

striker, uruguayan. 23 years old. 7 goals 4 assists in 31 matches in ligue last year. year before that had 15 goals and 4 assists in 36 matches. he's only 5'10" so he's not a big target man i'm guessing. transfer market for the stats.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Uruguayan forward. I think he's decent, though the price seems a little high. He's only 23 though. He had 9 goals in 22(9) at Bourdeaux last season according to Whoscored.com.

Edit: I honestly can't tell what is a good price/bad price with so much inflation in the market lately.

Probably more the level of player we'll sign this transfer window despite us having money.

Hoping to be vaulted on that though!

Probably more the level of player we'll sign this transfer window despite us having money.

Hoping to be vaulted on that though!

If this is the level and type of player we're after my head will litterally fall off. He's clearly shit, shit goal and assist record in a shit league.

Leandro mkii

If this is the level and type of player we're after my head will litterally fall off. He's clearly shit, shit goal and assist record in a shit league.

Leandro mkii

He's a similar age yet got better goals/assists than Origi and we all know Origi's better than Lukaku!

He's a similar age yet got better goals/assists than Origi and we all know Origi's better than Lukaku!

This signing fills me with dread if it comes off, he's a mediocre player, I thought we were past signing mediocre players.

I can feel a melt down looming from me this summer , Romeys got me on one already.