IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been a little off this season. The champs league final united lost SAF admitted his biggest regret was leaving him out, always played for the big games other than that. Big yes from me, just hope he plays like last year and this year was a one off stinker.

Edit: As Marco said the Asian fan base will give us a boost as well.

Edited by pete0

The obsession with players being big does my nut right in. You get him to bulk up and then he'd lose pace. Just look at Agbonlahor; he's bulked up and lost a shedload of pace.

The whole point of the type of wide player that he is is that he's wiry and uses pace and trickery.

The obsession with players being big does my nut right in. You get him to bulk up and then he'd lose pace. Just look at Agbonlahor; he's bulked up and lost a shedload of pace.

The whole point of the type of wide player that he is is that he's wiry and uses pace and trickery.

You don't lose pace, plenty of big players who can shift, but yeah i can see what your saying though, the big question is though, does he defend enough? otherwise we will never see that pace and trickery because Moyes will drain it out of him in no time.

You don't lose pace, plenty of big players who can shift, but yeah i can see what your saying though, the big question is though, does he defend enough? otherwise we will never see that pace and trickery because Moyes will drain it out of him in no time.

Course you lose pace if you bulk up! I've just given you an example. I'm not saying if you bulk up you're slow as fuck, but it stands to reason that if you add more weight to your body then you're going to expend more energy to get going and therefore you will be slower.

To be fair to the lad, from what I saw of him yesterday, he seemed to track back and help out his full back quite a lot. In terms of his size, I don;t think that would be the issue - there are plenty of big, powerful defenders in the Championship. For me the worry would be him stepping up and playing against more intelligent defenders. Risk worth taking at the right price I think..

Course you lose pace if you bulk up! I've just given you an example. I'm not saying if you bulk up you're slow as fuck, but it stands to reason that if you add more weight to your body then you're going to expend more energy to get going and therefore you will be slower.

Over short distances it doesnt make a difference. Just depends on your natural muscle fibre, fast twitch or something on the lines of that.

I do agree with you with regards to Agbonlahor, but the likes of Aguero and Tevez, Rooney very stocky but can still move, its more to do with fitness imo.

I do agree with you with regards to Agbonlahor, but the likes of Aguero and Tevez, Rooney very stocky but can still move, its more to do with fitness imo.

They've only ever been stocky. Can you tell me if they were able to shift at the same rate before? No, so those examples don't really work.

I'm saying you're going to take something away from him if you get him to bulk up.

They've only ever been stocky. Can you tell me if they were able to shift at the same rate before? No, so those examples don't really work.

I'm saying you're going to take something away from him if you get him to bulk up.

Well we need to sign him first then we will see, in all fairness Osman seems to have been ok over the years.

Also if you look at Aguero when he takes his shirt off, thats all muscle, its not natural build its gym work you can tell.

Edited by theprisoner

Championship team: Kelvin Davis (Southampton), Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace), James Tomkins (West Ham), Curtis Davies (Birmingham), Ian Harte (Reading), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Peter Whittingham (Cardiff), Mark Noble (West Ham), Matt Phillips (Blackpool), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Jay Rodriguez (Burnley).

Team of the year as striker but only joint 9th top scorer. That suggests there's more to his game than just goals... could be an interesting one. Moyes type signing?

Here is me thinking outside of the box;

Jay Rodriguez to replace Tim Cahill? If there is more to this lads games than goals then Jay might play just behind Jelavic feeding him whilst also being able to find the net himself if need be (due to spending the first part of his career as a striker). It really woulden't surprise me if he's brought in to do a Cahill-esqe role within the team.