IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This

Edit. Quoting on the phone app doesn't bloody work!

Oh, and I like Tom ince.

And, gerrard is one of te best midfielders of the last 10 years. To dismiss him as average is either just because he plays for that lot or just plain ignorant.

Edited by StevO

This

Edit. Quoting on the phone app doesn't bloody work!

Oh, and I like Tom ince.

And, gerrard is one of te best midfielders of the last 10 years. To dismiss him as average is either just because he plays for that lot or just plain ignorant.

Tell me best attributes because he cant pass, tackle, or shoot(closing yer eyes and having a blast doesnt count), no skill, little vision, and his heading is par for the course. He's been fortunate with referees and lucky strikes, it's beyond me how he's managed to pull the wool over peoples eyes for so long. No better than Cattermole, Nolan, or Kevin Davies with the latter 2 being better than him. Closest player to be the next Gerrard is Henderson, all rounder but not quite good at anything.

Close your eyes and have a blast doesn't count? Not even if he does it ten times a year? If we had a player who could just close his eyes an have a blast, and score even half as many as he does, and do it for ten years and win plenty of medals along the way, we would be praising him as one of the best in the world.

Gerrard isn't an all rounder, he is an attacking midfielder, or second striker if you will. If Henderson ends up with half his ability he will be a very lucky guy.

Still, I can see why we get called bitter. Can't even accept what a good player he is, ignorant.

Tell me best attributes because he cant pass, tackle, or shoot(closing yer eyes and having a blast doesnt count), no skill, little vision, and his heading is par for the course. He's been fortunate with referees and lucky strikes, it's beyond me how he's managed to pull the wool over peoples eyes for so long. No better than Cattermole, Nolan, or Kevin Davies with the latter 2 being better than him. Closest player to be the next Gerrard is Henderson, all rounder but not quite good at anything.

How old are you out of interest peteo?

Close your eyes and have a blast doesn't count? Not even if he does it ten times a year? If we had a player who could just close his eyes an have a blast, and score even half as many as he does, and do it for ten years and win plenty of medals along the way, we would be praising him as one of the best in the world.

Gerrard isn't an all rounder, he is an attacking midfielder, or second striker if you will. If Henderson ends up with half his ability he will be a very lucky guy.

Still, I can see why we get called bitter. Can't even accept what a good player he is, ignorant.

He played defensive/centre for over half his career, so I dont think I'm the ignorant one. Pushed forward as he cant tackle, he only scores because he has so many chance, I bet his conversion rate is below average. His shooting is Tommy Graverson-esque, and I used to hte when he's shoot toward the Gladys as a kid. Nothing to todo with being bitter, best Liverpool central midfielders I've seen are Redknapp, Alonso, and Lucas. Gerrard doesn't have a patch on any of them.

How old are you out of interest peteo?

kevin davies better than gerrard...i know you're defo on the wind up pete laugh.png

Kept Bolton up for years, opposed to Gerrard holding Liverpool back. Got more ability, and LESS of a thug in comparison. Before people think this is a wind up, remember Naysmith. If Gerrard had played for Bolton he'd have not been a household name other than for kicking people, a less talented Joey Barton.

Kept Bolton up for years, opposed to Gerrard holding Liverpool back. Got more ability, and LESS of a thug in comparison. Before people think this is a wind up, remember Naysmith. If Gerrard had played for Bolton he'd have not been a household name other than for kicking people, a less talented Joey Barton.

24 and still sniffing glue!!! WTF!!! Speechless, just speechless!

24 and still sniffing glue!!! WTF!!! Speechless, just speechless!

You really struggle to comprehend anything beyond popular* opinion, and dismiss it as crazy. Open your eyes, open your mind, and form some opinions for yourself, use some logic. Scary shit, I know, but you get used to it and eventually become an individual.

*media bullshit

Edited by pete0

You really struggle to comprehend anything beyond popular* opinion, and dismiss it as crazy. Open your eyes, open your mind, and form some opinions for yourself, use some logic. Scary shit, I know, but you get used to it and eventually become an individual.

*media bullshit

I watch football, lots of it, all what I say is based on my opinion. Now for my advice to you... football manager isn't real life! If a player is good on footie man it doesn't necessarily mean he's that good in real life!

I watch football, lots of it, all what I say is based on my opinion. Now for my advice to you... football manager isn't real life! If a player is good on footie man it doesn't necessarily mean he's that good in real life!

What a great player this man is, even worse is that there is many more. A rugby player would be banned for life for less than what he's done.

article-1152310-005C20F100000258-714_468x296.jpg

not sure what kevin davies has done that gerrard hasn't..apart from not win trophies..

If Gerrard was at Bolton would he have kept them up so long, because I highly doubt he of done. Last time they played good football was with Meireles last year around Jan, when Gerrard was injured. They win more w/o him says more than I ever could.

What a great player this man is, even worse is that there is many more. A rugby player would be banned for life for less than what he's done.

Awful tackle - even worse that it's on one of our boys. He's not the first and won't be the last top, top player to do a reckless challenge.

Shite player though and here's the evidence...

Liverpool

FA Cup (2): 2000–01, 2005–06

League Cup (3): 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011–12

FA Community Shield (2): 2001, 2006

UEFA Champions League (1): 2004–05

UEFA Cup (1): 2000–01

UEFA Super Cup (2): 2001, 2005

Individual

FWA Footballer of the Year: 2009

PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2006

PFA Young Player of the Year: 2001

PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2001, 2009

PFA Team of the Year: 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

FA Premier League Player of the Month: March 2001, March 2003, December 2004, April 2006, March 2009

Liverpool Top Goalscorer: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2008–09

UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2005

UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match: 2005

UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2006, 2007

FIFA/FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009[105]

FA Cup Final Man of the Match: 2006

Goal of the Season: 2006

England Player of the Year: 2007

Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE): 2007

Honorary Fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University: 2008

BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award 3rd Place: 2005

I'm leaving it at that - I feel dirty enough glorifying a Kopite but if you're that bitter you can't see how good he has been then there's no hope!

Not just one, one of many.

Hope you had fun on wiki, not proving my point about you not thinking for yourself at all. Show me 90 minutes of him being excellent, there isnt, he gets credit for the champsleague final just like Hurst did for the WC when everyone knows anything about football will say it should be Alan Ball getting praised. Watch the game against Burnley, worst player on the pitch by a mile.

cos an everton player has never done a bad tackle have they...c has said enough really though i'm just stickin to my opinion you're on the wind up...you lost any credibility with the kevin davies and nolan comment

Not just one, one of many.

Hope you had fun on wiki, not proving my point about you not thinking for yourself at all. Show me 90 minutes of him being excellent, there isnt, he gets credit for the champsleague final just like Hurst did for the WC when everyone knows anything about football will say it should be Alan Ball getting praised. Watch the game against Burnley, worst player on the pitch by a mile.

Oh shit I looked on wiki as I don't know all of Gerrard's achievements!!! I knew you were a joke but you sound a massive tit too - bored now!

hmm..maybe you think so but you're better than that mate..we're all allowed different opinions :)

pete i must say sometimes you do come across as the kind of person who doesn't listen to or respect other opinions though dude...i'm sure it's not your intention

Imagine a really fat chap going on and on about being faster than you but not ever giving you that race... that's what he's done to me!!!