IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

The criteria for him to please me is for him to be better than our 'other' strikers - Anichebe, Vellios, Stracq - and to work harder than Saha. I notice some people are not so hot on him but if the choice is sign Jelavic or put up with Saha until May, which would you choose.

Also hoping (ambitiously) that the other two transfers Hoarau and Manolas can go through as well. Or at least one of those two/Cerci would still be great for us.

Also not gonna give up hope on signing Donovan permanently! laugh.png

Also not gonna give up hope on signing Donovan permanently! laugh.png

I wish... I just cant see it happening though. I think he wants to spend a few years at Everton and we all have this strong welcoming feeling for him and you can tell he loves the club, but he will always be the one that got away.

Moyes came out today saying its a none goer

Did he huh.png

What i heard was;

I don't like it and I didn't like it when I was a player and I kept hearing there were other centre-halves coming in to take my position. I wouldn't talk about players at other clubs.

"If there was any news I would give it to you. You will need to wait until midnight tomorrow night and then we will let you know what is happening."[/size]

Edit: Apologies, didnt read the above, think Matt may have been talking about Donovan doh.gif

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Shame about Donovan I love him and he will alwys be one of my favorite players. As for Jelly... its rumourd that his agent is on his way to Liverpool now, its also rumoured that he will be doing his medical today but my source is very strong so I cant see it being true. One more thing, WHU have pulled out of the deal.

West Ham have said they're not in the running.

I don't know why people wouldn't be happy about this signing tbh - he can head, he's strong, he hold the ball up, he can shoot with both feet, he works hard, good control, most importantly he knows where the net is.

Aslong as Moyes doesn't ask him to fanny about chasing Neville's Hollywood balls down the wing I'm confident he'll bang them in for us.

West Ham have said they're not in the running.

I don't know why people wouldn't be happy about this signing tbh - he can head, he's strong, he hold the ball up, he can shoot with both feet, he works hard, good control, most importantly he knows where the net is.

Aslong as Moyes doesn't ask him to fanny about chasing Neville's Hollywood balls down the wing I'm confident he'll bang them in for us.

Of course he won't because he will be too busy covering for Jags at CB lol

Dont know what to make of this...Seen him for probably 90minutes this season and havent exactly been impressed. He looked alright, but so do most players when the defenders stand 5 yards off and give you the time and space to do what you like. His goal scoring record in the aforementioned leagues isnt amazing, especially when you consider that in Scotland he probably averages about 5 chances a game. With Everton especially he will get one maybe two if he is lucky.

I will reserve judgement until I see him play for us of course (providing he ends up here) but at them moment I doubt whether he is really much better than what we already have. I hope he is.

The deal may very well be done but I dont expect it to be announched until late on tomorrow.

Rangers have no cash & a good few players injured. The fans will explode if Jelavic goes and no decent replacement arrives because they are just left with David Healy who isnt exactly prolific. Some tend to think that Rangers will announce the sale right near the end of the window and then say they didnt have time to bring anybody back in trying to appease the fans

The deal may very well be done but I dont expect it to be announched until late on tomorrow.

Rangers have no cash & a good few players injured. The fans will explode if Jelavic goes and no decent replacement arrives because they are just left with David Healy who isnt exactly prolific. Some tend to think that Rangers will announce the sale right near the end of the window and then say they didnt have time to bring anybody back in trying to appease the fans

Lol Sounds strangely familiar!

My thoughts too, he is going to be a really good signing for us and he will be a signing that we actually need. At the worst case scenario he will be asked to play alongside Louis Saha which could still allow him to score goals (and hell, maybe even give Louis some assists), either way I'm very happy with this rumour and I'll be really pleased if he comes to us.

However Glasgow Rangers still believe that he will come to us. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9049488/Rangers-hopeful-of-keeping-Nikica-Jelavic-as-Everton-wait-in-wings.html)

I'm trying to be excited about this guy in case it comes off, but I'm not too sure about him. He failed at an average Belgian side a couple of years ago, but I guess that could be explained by the fact that it was his first season abroad as a young lad and maybe he didn't get the time to adjust. His record for Rapid and Rangers is very good. A goal every 138 minutes for Vienna and a goal every 126 minutes for Rangers. That's promising, but because of the leagues he's done it in, I'm not quite sure whether that warrants us spending more than 4 million pounds on him. If that kind of money is available, maybe we should just hold out till the summer and then have a good look around.

Maybe we can send one of our strikers up to Scotland on-loan (Vic, Tolis, Gueye, McAleny, Baxter???) to help out if we take Jelavic. Get some good game time for one of our younger players and sweeten the deal a bit?

Good idea this - if we knew that someone like Baxter or McAleny were going to get first team action for Rangers. Probably can't afford to let Victor, Vellios or Gueye go out on loan though.