IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

Jelavic however, has played and scored in a variety of scrappy, long ball, bad passing, less than 5 shots on target affairs in Scotland, and from what I've seen of him he can also shine in free flowing, high pressure, more than 15 shot on target affairs.

Hmmm, I wonder which we'll subject him to? The guns-blazing, all out attack?

I doubt Jelavic can make something out of nothing, which is what we really require from a striker. We simply don't have the creativity in other areas of the pitch to help him out. Love to be proved wrong, but I doubt I will be.

In all my years of supporting Everton I've never known for us to have had a Plan C when it comes to buying players. Kevin Doyle would be nice (as would Vossen) but in my opinion they arn't in the same ball-park as Jelavic. I'd rather we signed Jelly but if we don't then I'd be happy with Kev and Voss. Let's just see how tomorrow night pans out!

I'd all be for sending Baxter up north though for some experiance (maybe even at a push Vellios just so long as they don't sign him).

Not got Sky Sports in the house so I can't join you at Yellow Bar HQ!

There is a report here saying that he is almost ours and that Moyes is still looking into bringing PSG star Hoarou which would be very nice, even if it's only on loan. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/30/everton-nikica-jelavic-rangers?newsfeed=true)

Wikipedia keeps saying that he is our player too, so surely the deal is done. Maybe they are just saving it till the morning so that they can officially unveil him (i.e - hold a press conferance right away etc..)

The hours of my life i've wasted through transfer windows watchin it & hopin for positive news!

Please blues help me out & give me something to get even slightly excited about this time?

COYBs[1].gif

. This is so true and this January transfer window does not help, sky sports reckon hes def. coming now, only personal terms and medical left to do tomorrow!! Edited by car2tref

Not got Sky Sports in the house so I can't join you at Yellow Bar HQ!

There is a report here saying that he is almost ours and that Moyes is still looking into bringing PSG star Hoarou which would be very nice, even if it's only on loan. (http://www.guardian....s?newsfeed=true)

Wikipedia keeps saying that he is our player too, so surely the deal is done. Maybe they are just saving it till the morning so that they can officially unveil him (i.e - hold a press conferance right away etc..)

Interesting quote there "Everton's offer of £5m plus a player was also rejected"

I wonder who the player was?

We probably offered £5M plus Saha and they knocked us back so we went back in with a £5M offer!

I just in awe over the fact that West Ham are out due to the player being too pricey yet we are still in. Is there a club in worse shape than everton financially in the prem?

Ill be dancing in the streets tonight if this happens. I do rate this guy and I know that he will get us goals. Hey, It cant get worse right?

If we Moyes was managing Barcelona he would have alves hitting long balls to the corner flag for messi to chase.... however, really pleased we have actually signed someone who isn't a defender or midfielder. Let's hope he carries his record into the premiership...

Just had a nose at rangers forums - earlier last year they were saying he was far too good for them - the overriding comments are - skill, strength and workrate. Some on there saying he would be a £20m plus player if he showed such form in the EPL... unfortunately until we have £15-20m to spend on an 8/10 proven premiership player then this is what we need to do.

I liken this to an allocation on arrival holiday... you hope what you are going to get is costing everyone else at least twice what you have paid for, then again, you could end up in the middle of nowehere in a shed... let's hope jelavic turns out to be an all inclusive paradise.