IGNORED

Adam Johnson

It's just been announced that Spurs have joined the race to sign him, I don't think that Johnson will be playing in Royal blue anytime soon in my opinion. Good to see we are at least showing interest though and who knows, maybe he just fancies staying local and opts for a Goodison switch.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/908992-spurs-take-on-sunderland-for-adam-johnson-transfer

Fourth Official@FourthOfficial_

Everton have made an official approach for Adam Johnson on loan whilst Sunderland have put a permanent bid on the table #mcfc

Be made up if we could get Johnson and Mirallas! we could have real strength in depth on the wing of all positions!

I imagine we'll have some sort of 'gentleman's agreement' with City on the back of the Rodwell deal saying if Johnson gets loaned out then it's to us - unless an acceptable permanent deal is on the table. The only way we'll get him is if it's on-loan and he/City reject other permanent offers or we sell Baines to cover the fee.

(or in dream world - Moses goes to Chelsea and Wigan firm up their interest in Anichebe and that's enough to add to what's left from the Rodwell money!)

Dont forgett Gueye, he got better thye more he played last season and put some good crosses in for Jelly as well as scoring a few goals. I really think he will play a more prominant role in the team this season.

Have my doubts about Maggie, really don't see him ever progressing beyond the fringe....love to be wrong.

He was raw I grant you, but the last couple of games he played as he got more confidence the better he was. Much like Barklay, and Junior I imagine he will get more games this season and then we and DM can judge.

Hope he makes it, I think he and the others might as we seem to have been quite ruthless in getting rid of young players DM doesnt think will cust the musterd (french or otherwise..)

Edited by London Blue

Not on the bench for man city today

He's definatly going, that's pretty certain, I just doubt he's coming to us.

Oh, and I agree with the comments about Maggie, I'd really love him to do well but I doubt he'll ever make our first XI permenantly.

Not sure how accurate this is because I did not watch the City game but been having a nosey on some Sunderland forums and a fair few said during the game the commentator mentioned Johnson could be on His way here as part of the Rodwell deal!??

I'd be pretty suprised if there was truth in it but wouldn't expect a man talking to the masses to come out with such a statement if it had no backbone? We know about the loan option but if Sunderland have offered 10M I can't see them knocking it back unless it's on the drip or some other issue with the offer.....who knows?

Not sure how accurate this is because I did not watch the City game but been having a nosey on some Sunderland forums and a fair few said during the game the commentator mentioned Johnson could be on His way here as part of the Rodwell deal!??

I'd be pretty suprised if there was truth in it but wouldn't expect a man talking to the masses to come out with such a statement if it had no backbone? We know about the loan option but if Sunderland have offered 10M I can't see them knocking it back unless it's on the drip or some other issue with the offer.....who knows?

I saw it and he only mentioned there had been talk about Johnson coming here, like in the papers. He didn't say he had heard anything from a reliable source himself.

Have my doubts about Maggie, really don't see him ever progressing beyond the fringe....love to be wrong.

Flashes of quality, but somehow never looks quite fit and seems to always go missing for long periods. I'd guess he'll be with us until January when he gets loaned out (Donovan in to cover) then sold next summer.

I imagine we'll have some sort of 'gentleman's agreement' with City on the back of the Rodwell deal saying if Johnson gets loaned out then it's to us - unless an acceptable permanent deal is on the table. The only way we'll get him is if it's on-loan and he/City reject other permanent offers or we sell Baines to cover the fee. (or in dream world - Moses goes to Chelsea and Wigan firm up their interest in Anichebe and that's enough to add to what's left from the Rodwell money!)

Don't know what's wrong with me, but for some reason I want us to keep him. Always felt he's tantalizingly close to figuring out how to use his attributes properly and become at least a 10 goal player. That said, I'd happily take anything over 5 million for him.

Sunderland are about to offer 7 mil for Guidetti according to swedish news. Can they afford 17 mil for both?

they offered 12m for fletcher at wolves so they must be loaded...

as for maggie i kind of agree with the comments above..hasn't come on like i thought he would..no doubt the kid has some talent i just question his ability to be a match winner...we are beyond the days of a kevin kilbane..i would hope anyways as much as i loved kevin as a bloke and a player

and avin johnson would be a great option on the wing..like a drenthe but with a bit more match winning ability imo

they offered 12m for fletcher at wolves so they must be loaded...

as for maggie i kind of agree with the comments above..hasn't come on like i thought he would..no doubt the kid has some talent i just question his ability to be a match winner...we are beyond the days of a kevin kilbane..i would hope anyways as much as i loved kevin as a bloke and a player

and avin johnson would be a great option on the wing..like a drenthe but with a bit more match winning ability imo

But he will never match Drenthe's antics and eccentric character that's for sure.

Wonder if he's only leaving if it's a permanent deal? At least this article makes it sound like Mancini would prefer to move him on a permanent basis rather than on loan?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8004861/Mancini-open-to-Johnson-exit