IGNORED

Joao Silva

sorry but we have had far too many good young prospects at the club who have never flourished under Moyes Matt, so either that's his coaching, or we have a poor scouting network.

I think it probably happens at all clubs....just that we're more aware of the Everton ones.

eg Mame Biram Diouf just left United.

we got vellios..coleman...duffy..some work some don't..simple

ive got a huge bee in my bonnet about the youth setup at everton, just look at what he's doing with Barkley, Ross will be gone in the summer i have no doubts about it, the keepers we have gone through, Mustafi was going to be a world beater, never fucking played, Vidaarson? i could go on, but can't be arsed as we all know the names.

hundreds and hundreds of youth players a year get released..many promising ones included...it doesn't work out for some..it does for others..that's football...everton is no worse for it than anyone else...who said mustafi was going to be a world beater? he had potential..didn't impress enough obviously...the case with barkley is an odd one i'll admit but i fully trust moyes to do the best with our kids

I think our youth setup is regarded as being one of the best and we have a better than average record of bringing youth team members through. The evidence is as someone has already pointed out, who has gone on onto better things after being released? Even tho Ruddy has done well he isn't doing better than Everton's first team. Same with Anthony Gerrard. I remember Steven Schumacher played for England at every youth level but didn't end up being good enough for the top level.

Edited by SharpysVolley

I dont think this one can be pinned on Moyes.

He has been on two loan spells in very 'modest' leagues and on the face of it, he simply hasnt scored enough goals. I obviously have no idea about his performances but if he was any good some decent teams would be sniffing around him.

I dont think this one can be pinned on Moyes.

He has been on two loan spells in very 'modest' leagues and on the face of it, he simply hasnt scored enough goals. I obviously have no idea about his performances but if he was any good some decent teams would be sniffing around him.

Spot on

Every club has a youth system that lets players go.

I know a few people that are heavily involved with bringing in youth players to the midlands teams, ie Villa WBA etc. He tells me that if they get one player make the grade from every 30 youth players they bring in, then thats a success.

Everton have a widely regarded and highly rated youth set up. Thats why we have a lot of "prospects" join us.

As to the ones we have let go, where are they now?

I have a nephew that was signed for villa due to his highly rated skills. He got let go as he is too short.

A highly talented youngster doesnt automatically become a world beater. Given our financial restraints our policy has been to buy young. Some work out some don't and it will always be the way. Whether they fail to realise their potential or just didnt have all the requirements who knows but I dont blame Moyes for it

Find it hard to believe that Moyes has no say in which young players come in. you even made a comment the other day with regrads to Jack Butland coming in and that he would be making a mistake if he came here, did you not?

Yes, I say that about any young keeper we buy.

Strikers and midfielders tend to be given a go by Moyes if they progress well through the various youth sides and the reserves, so if he's decided Silva isn't good enough then I'm inclined to trust his judgement on it.

Yes, I say that about any young keeper we buy.

Strikers and midfielders tend to be given a go by Moyes if they progress well through the various youth sides and the reserves, so if he's decided Silva isn't good enough then I'm inclined to trust his judgement on it.

i just think it would have been nice to see him at least have a go in a cup match or something, we have been lacking a striker for a long time, and he could have tried Silva on numerous occasions and could he have been any worse than Saha or Anichebe? i doubt it myself and if he was then ok fair enough, but as has been said before how are we going to bring through any promising forwards when we have the mentality we have and the manager is surrounded by defensive minded coaches, as for them being given a go, all except Barkley then wink.png Edited by theprisoner

Barkley is a confidence player and we must all remember how easy it is for these young guys to dissapear when confidence is down. Barkely will get his moment. Do we just risk him and get him seriously injured before he matures? or risk destroying his confidence. In this regard i would trust DM.

But didnt we have james come through at a young age up front? and anichebe? and now we have velious as one of our top scorers. Maggy is starting to make a few more appearances now too, and lets face it, he wasnt ready 6 months ago for the prem.

Lets see what happens in the next 6 months and then we can judge moyes on the season.

Just hope DM remembers that our cup run and a decent finish is priroity over blooding young players.

If thats the best you can do then STFU

Lol Fair enough I could have put a bit more effort in

You could criticise Moyes for his tactics, his negativity, his stubborness or just for being ginger and you could have some merit in what you were saying, however to imply that youth never gets a chance under Moyes is farcical

I suppose I could have gone to the time and effort of illustrating the long list of youngsters that have played under Moyes in our first team but to be honest it was such a ridiculous comment that I simply couldnt be arsed

regarding young keepers we have to keep looking to bring them in,simply because what we have behind tim howard are not good enough and should be shipped out in the summer.

That's all well and good when we have a string of young keepers brought in never to see the light of day because we've brought shte like Carlo Nash and Wessels in it annoys me. You can't know if the young keepers are good enough to take over from Howard if they don't ever play, they're not even given a go in cup games.

We went after Joe Hart when he was at Shrewsbury and I'm so glad we didn't get him or England would probably still have David James or Paul Robinson in goal and Hart would probably be at Wycombe after never making an appearance for us.

dont talk to me about not playing reserve keepers we could have been at wembley only for mucha, a really bad keeper at fault for our defeat against chelsea carling cup .

wessels was the reserve keeper when we got beat against oldham f a cup a few years ago,we need to to play our best keeper in cup games unless we have a very good understudy.which we havnt.

Totally agree

dont talk to me about not playing reserve keepers we could have been at wembley only for mucha, a really bad keeper at fault for our defeat against chelsea carling cup .

wessels was the reserve keeper when we got beat against oldham f a cup a few years ago,we need to to play our best keeper in cup games unless we have a very good understudy.which we havnt.

I dont think you can pin a mistake by Wessels as being the only reason we lost against Oldham! Everyone was shite and made mistakes, its just his was the most costly.

Deffo agree with Mucha though, never known a keeper that could catch a shot like Kalou's that day. Slow, loopy, right into the bread basket, then right back out again and over the line.

Maybe the issue is more of DM not having good enough reserve GK's as opposed to the fact that they shouldnt be playing. Even with a crap GK we should be beating the likes of Oldham etc etc