IGNORED

England

Guest Nikica

There you go.

And you're still doing it. You do realise that overlooking non-antagonistic comments and highlighting the more aggressive parts is a cowardly way to argue, don't you? No doubt you'll highlight the world cowardly now.

I call their opinions shit and illogical because they presented them in a very antagonistic tone, so I reply in kind. I can't believe they have the nerve to talk to me like that when their points make no sense. And I do hate people who do what you're doing now - you're zoning in on my beliefs on others because you know you can't argur with the rest of what I'm saying.

Let's forget all the tit-for-tat for a minute, and you can tell me if you think the following are logical points. If you refuse to acknowledge this part of my post then I will simply assume you have an agenda against me:

1) is boasting about how 'right' you were to say 'all that stuff about SA teams having an advantage in SA is bullshit' logical, considering that there's a historical precedent for it (about three others people put him right before I even read his reply);

2) is arguing via anomalies and outliers convincing? Surely by saying 'Denmark and Greece won the Euros so so can belgium win this WC' we could say that any half-decent team in the tournament can win it? Furthermore, those were 16 and 8 team Euros and this is a 32 team WC in the Americas. The circumstances are entirely different. Not to mention that Greece under Rehhagel were extremely well organised defensively, and Belgium won't play that way at all;

3) Is saying 'Belgium can beat anyone on their day' a convincing argument for why they can win this tournament? Even if it's true, there's a huge difference between being able to beat better teams on a good day, and beating three or four of the world's top teams consecutively in a two-week knockout stage of a WC, wouldn't you agree? Particularly on the home continent of some of those teams.

Like I say, if you refuse to reply to the football content of this post then it becomes abundantly clear that you're more interested in attacking me than debating this fairly. Mirallas and Peter were arguing in a fallacious way, and I told them so in no uncertain terms. Had they did it on a polite manner, I would have replied similarly. But they didn't, they did it in a very snide, antagonistic way, so they got exactly what they deserved. They jumped on the German and Belgian hype and spat the dummy out because I refuse to do likewise.

Just to reiterate - if you don't address the footballing content of this post then it's clear that your only interest here is to attack my personality.

Guest Nikica

right boys, time out time. take to PM please

He's being totally unfair. Very rarely do I attack anyone who disagrees with me - lots of people disagree with me here but I don't attack them. The reason Peter and Mirallas were attacked was because the former attacked me first, and the latter was making antagonistic posts about how wrong 'people' were and how they 'neglect to make sense'.

Lots of people have had a problem with Mirallas on this site so it's hardly like he doesn't have form for this sort of thing. Personally, I don't appreciate being scapegoated over that particular argument (the Belgium debate). I thought this place was better than that - I thought TonkaRoost was better than that. But it appears he is a bully who wants to join in the bandwagon of hate against me.

Edited by Nikica

England 0 Costa Rica 8

At least the weather here is set to stay nice, though I've heard there's a shower of shit on the way later in the week from Brazil

This made me laugh so hard I had to explain myself to me bird hahaha. Was meant to be green btw. These fingers on this iPhone don't match up.

He's being totally unfair. Very rarely do I attack anyone who disagrees with me - lots of people disagree with me here but I don't attack them. The reason Peter and Mirallas were attacked was because the former attacked me first, and the latter was making antagonistic posts about how wrong 'people' were and how they 'neglect to make sense'.

Lots of people have had a problem with Mirallas on this site so it's hardly like he doesn't have form for this sort of thing. Personally, I don't appreciate being scapegoated over that particular argument (the Belgium debate). I thought this place was better than that - I thought TonkaRoost was better than that. But it appears he is a bully who wants to join in the bandwagon of hate against me.

Nikica I think your sound mate. Not that that will help you. Try not to take the bait.

Guest Nikica

To be fair there is a fair bit of scapegoating that goes on on here - it's gone on against Cotto too, just because people don't like his opinions, or the way he presents them.Really hate it when cliques develop on sites, and I hadn't noticed it here until Cotto joined.

^ It's pathetic mate. They were more antagonistic than I was. I rarely attack anyone who disagrees with me unless they do it in a certain manner (ask Matt, he said I usually have more patience than I was showing in the Barca debate).

I've seen this as a lurker on other sites - people developing an unfair reputation, and others propagating the myth. The way TonkaRoost zoomed in on certain parts of my posts and refused to discuss the rest is totally out of order.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

I will ask again - why is nobody castigating Mirallas and Peter H for provoking/attacking me? Why am I the only one being accused of poor conduct?

Tonka obviously wants to be popular on this site and jumping on the 'Nikica is a prick' bandwagon is the easiest way to do so, it would appear.

Edited by Nikica

Hahahaha it doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy being controversial. It's all banter.

Their was a bloke on another Everton forum who was great at getting in a dispute and getting out at the exact right time. When he was wrong he'd ignore all other posts until it had cooled down and he'd be back in. I quite admired his craft.

I will ask again - why is nobody castigating Mirallas and Peter H for provoking/attacking me? Why am I the only one being accused of poor conduct?

Tonka obviously want to be popular on this site and jumping on the 'Nikica is a cunt' bandwagon is the easiest way to do so, it would appear.

The best thing you can do is try to ignore the bait or just see it as banter like me. Treading carefully a long the way :D

Guest Nikica

Hahahaha it doesn't bother me at all. I enjoy being controversial. It's all banter.

Their was a bloke on another Everton forum who was great at getting in a dispute and getting out at the exact right time. When he was wrong he'd ignore all other posts until it had cooled down and he'd be back in. I quite admired his craft.

I knew a guy on another forum who was a master at selectively quoting the parts of posts with which he felt he could use to attack people. Very rarely (if ever) did he argue with substance.

People can say what they like about me, but most of the time I reply to a post in its entirety, rather than only specific parts which I feel are easier to counter.

"The best thing you can do is try to ignore the bait or just see it as banter like me"

Aye, Tonka is clearly wumming me here and is being completely out of order, yet he's the one who has a problem with my attitude :rolleyes: He's came in and attacked my attitude. Then when I point out that those two hardly displayed an exemplary attitude, or I highlight the flaws in their points and ask what he thinks (therefore moving away from the ad homs and back to the football), he goes completely silent. It's cuntish.

There was another site where a couple of people accused me of disrespecting everyone who disagreed with me. A few people said those individuals are complete idiots because I only act aggressively when provoked, which is fair enough as I'm only giving as good as I get (they gave many examples of time I disagreed with people in a polite manner). Same thing seems to be happening here.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Are you going to reply to any of this Tonka? Or are you just going to scurry away? This is the football part of the debate:

Let's forget all the tit-for-tat for a minute, and you can tell me if you think the following are logical points. If you refuse to acknowledge this part of my post then I will simply assume you have an agenda against me:

1) is boasting about how 'right' you were to say 'all that stuff about SA teams having an advantage in SA is bullshit' logical, considering that there's a historical precedent for it (about three others people put him right before I even read his reply). He used the term 'people neglect to make sense' - why aren't you judging him for that? Or it is only me who deserves to be judged for poor conduct?

2) is arguing via anomalies and outliers convincing? Surely by saying 'Denmark and Greece won the Euros so so can belgium win this WC' we could say that any half-decent team in the tournament can win it? Furthermore, those were 16 and 8 team Euros and this is a 32 team WC in the Americas. The circumstances are entirely different. Not to mention that Greece under Rehhagel were extremely well organised defensively, and Belgium won't play that way at all;

3) Is saying 'Belgium can beat anyone on their day' a convincing argument for why they can win this tournament? Even if it's true, there's a huge difference between being able to beat better teams on a good day, and beating three or four of the world's top teams consecutively in a two-week knockout stage of a WC, wouldn't you agree? Particularly on the home continent of some of those teams.

Like I say, if you refuse to reply to the football content of this post then it becomes abundantly clear that you're more interested in attacking me than debating this fairly. Mirallas and Peter were arguing in a fallacious way, and I told them so in no uncertain terms. Had they did it on a polite manner, I would have replied similarly. But they didn't, they did it in a very snide, antagonistic way, so they got exactly what they deserved. It angered me that there were holes in their logic yet they had the audacity to mock anyone who disagreed with them. They jumped on the German and Belgian hype and spat the dummy out because I refuse to do likewise.

In fact, seeing as I am developing this harsh reputation I might as well go the whole hog and start being an utter cunt to absolutely everyone even for the tiniest and most inconsequential of things.

Edited by Nikica

Are you going to reply to any of this Tonka? Or are you just going to scurry away? This is the football part of the debate:

1) is boasting about how 'right' you were to say 'all that stuff about SA teams having an advantage in SA is bullshit' logical, considering that there's a historical precedent for it (about three others people put him right before I even read his reply). He used the term 'people neglect to make sense' - why aren't you judging him for that? Or it is only me who deserves to be judged for poor conduct?

Like I say, if you refuse to reply to the football content of this post then it becomes abundantly clear that you're more interested in attacking me than debating this fairly. Mirallas and Peter were arguing in a fallacious way, and I told them so in no uncertain terms. Had they did it on a polite manner, I would have replied similarly. But they didn't, they did it in a very snide, antagonistic way, so they got exactly what they deserved. It angered me that there were holes in their logic yet they had the audacity to mock anyone who disagreed with them. They jumped on the German and Belgian hype and spat the dummy out because I refuse to do likewise.

In fact, seeing as I am developing this harsh reputation I might as well go the whole hog and start being an utter cunt to absolutely everyone even for the tiniest and most inconsequential of things.

This in the "England" thread Nik; if you want to have a personal discussion with Tonka then send him a pm, as Matt suggested earlier.

I knew a guy on another forum who was a master at selectively quoting the parts of posts with which he felt he could use to attack people. Very rarely (if ever) did he argue with substance.

People can say what they like about me, but most of the time I reply to a post in its entirety, rather than only specific parts which I feel are easier to counter.

"The best thing you can do is try to ignore the bait or just see it as banter like me"

Aye, Tonka is clearly wumming me here and is being completely out of order, yet he's the one who has a problem with my attitude :rolleyes: He's came in and attacked my attitude. Then when I point out that those two hardly displayed an exemplary attitude, or I highlight the flaws in their points and ask what he thinks (therefore moving away from the ad homs and back to the football), he goes completely silent. It's cuntish.

There was another site where a couple of people accused me of disrespecting everyone who disagreed with me. A few people said those individuals are complete idiots because I only act aggressively when provoked, which is fair enough as I'm only giving as good as I get (they gave many examples of time I disagreed with people in a polite manner). Same thing seems to be happening here.

Personally, I find you boring mate & struggle to understand how a supporter of another football team manages to spend so much time & effort winding real supporters of the forums team up!? If you post as much on YOUR teams forums as you do here then you can't have slept for the last few months. Don't disagree with everything you say just can't get my head around why you spend so much time & effort on another clubs forum? I've not got enough hours in my day generally to visit MY teams forum let alone waste oxygen on anothers.

Foster, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Milner, Lampard shouldnt be in there. So there's 6. How could that be closer?!

Wilshere, Lallana, Milner, Barkley deserved to start more than Henderson, Gerrard, Welbeck and Sturridge for me. Agree on Lampard and Shaw (but only because the tournement came too soon for Shaw)

Guest Nikica

This in the "England" thread Nik; if you want to have a personal discussion with Tonka then send him a pm, as Matt suggested earlier.

I've done that now.

Personally, I find you boring mate & struggle to understand how a supporter of another football team manages to spend so much time & effort winding real supporters of the forums team up!? If you post as much on YOUR teams forums as you do here then you can't have slept for the last few months. Don't disagree with everything you say just can't get my head around why you spend so much time & effort on another clubs forum? I've not got enough hours in my day generally to visit MY teams forum let alone waste oxygen on anothers.

:yellow CARD: Take it pm pleeeeaaaaase :crying smiley:.

Guest Nikica

For the love of the forum guys, can we please concentrate on the thread?! If you want to have a dig at each other, do it mano-a-mano through the PM rather than derailing threads.

Originally it was me disagreeing on what mjb thinks of England. Tonka is the one who turned it into a discussion about my personality. He provoked me, I took the bait, and no doubt now I will be the person who is accused of being the problem. I'm just waiting for someone to accuse me of having a persecution complex - it's the only thing missing here.

Anyway, I'm gone now.

Wilshere, Lallana, Milner, Barkley deserved to start more than Henderson, Gerrard, Welbeck and Sturridge for me. Agree on Lampard and Shaw (but only because the tournement came too soon for Shaw)

I agree about Wilshere and Lallana, that's why I didn't list them. And I can see the argument for Milner - if you're going to play Baines then give him a partner to link-up with and who'll cover for him when he goes forward. That's the reason Baines is seen as a good player; the system he plays for us.

Guest Nikica

I have blueblood on ignore, but sadly I saw his post when Mike quoted it.

How exactly am I winding anyone up? I get on well with plenty of people on here - the people I argued with wound me up first - look at Tonka's post as evidence. I invite him to discuss something other than forum dynamics and he scurries away! So how am I the one who's wumming people? You're just jumping on the bandwagon, probably because you lack the brains or perception to do anything else - just a sheep following the herd.

I've seen your posts - you come across as overly tribal. The reason I don't post on my team's forums is quite lengthy, but there's a post on here about it - I fell out of love with Rangers due to the bigotry displayed by many of our supporters.

I have no problem with you finding me boring - I'm sure anyone as detailed as myself would be boring to the likes of you.

Tbh one club forums are flawed anyway - they're naturally very biased. I only signed up here to talk about Jelavic, but that ship has long since sailed and there seem to be more pricks on here than when I first joined - or perhaps I am more aware of them now. I know I'm not the only one who's tired of it. So yeah, perhaps for the best that I leave.

Overall, what someone like yourself thinks of me is immaterial. Hopefully nobody quotes you so I don't have the misfortune of reading your reply. No surprise you were already on ignore.

Edited by Nikica